Sign in to follow this  
bananaman

You Canaries are going down...

... is the kind of thing I am hearing from our rival supporters. And this may indeed be true.

So when people on this board are expecting us to buy a some "bigger" names (for expample - some people were mentioning Hasslebaink, but it seems we are instead looking at Scowcroft), let''s not forget that in another two years we could be back here, debts cleared, pretty much the same squad BUT this time a great wedge of dough to spend.

My point is - however well we think we may do this year, there are a lot of established teams that we need to beat. It''s not just Utd, Chelsea, Arse, Newcastle and Liverpool but also Villa, Brum, Saints, Blackburn, Bolton, Charlton, Fulham, Middlesborough and Spurs.

The likelihood is we will be battling against the drop. And if we do get relegated, I would like to feel comfortable that we will be stable, have a good nucleus of players staying with us for the long haul, and that we can get back up and stay up in 2006. I also hope that we don''t copy WBA and start booing the team if we have an off-day in Div 1 (sorry, coke championship).

Sorry if this seems negative, but it is in fact quite the opposite. This promotion, above all else, meant that we, and hopefully generations to come, can continue to watch The Boys in Yellow and we won''t have to sell our ground, our training facilities and all our best players.

no, we will never need to sell our ground, facilities etc, cos we are on the up, bananaman

we (meaning the board after some persuasion!) took a ''risk'' last year in signing hucks and the rest is history, if our club is prepared to do this, then i am quite confident nothing can stop us, except the risk (sorry that word again) of failure, sport, which includes football, is about an awful lot more than mere technical ability, it is about self-belief, something worthy is competely switched on to

we are just as good as most of the teams in the lower half of the prem (and better than the two other promoted sides remember), so i am not worried.....

look at portsmouth, they have done okay, and birmingham, are they really any better than us? NO

sure we cannot compete with the likes of arsenal, man u, no one really expects that - but i think we can make a few people sit up and take notice of us, we have made some excellent signings over the summer, bentley on loan, charlton, etc, and of course the extension to greeno''s contract, so i reckon we are set pretty fair for a great season

remember we are NOT west brom, in any shape or form!!!

I''ve been reading the posts on this forum for well over a year now and have to say that there is normally two categories that the posts fall under. The first is ''Complete Rubbish'' and the second is ''Meaningful and thought about''.
Just wanted to say bananaman that i totally agree with what you are saying and at last someone has remembered what this season really means to the club, continued existance.

I also agree bananaman, the problem as I see it is that a lot of the teams, in the middle, are buying quality players. Look at Brum for example. It will be a battle all season, every point will have to be fought for and we all need to pull together if we stand any chance at all.

A lot of people have been saying we only need to beat Palace, west brom and one other, but to be ahead of three teams we will need to amass a lot of point from the other clubs.

Personally I can''t wait to bring it on and have a go.

It really does annoy me when people say the board should take a gamble and spend a load of money. This would be absolute madness, I like many of you have been through those dark days of supporting our club in virtual financial ruin through mis management of the finances. We have been awfully lucky to come out the other side just ask Delia so stop moaning at the board to spend money we haven''t got. I don''t want to go back to the days of having to sell any player with any ability for peanuts or the club having to make loads of the staff redundant. GET REAL accept that theres a very strong chance we''ll go down even though we''ll have some great days but we will be one of the strongest teams in div 1 and will come back up with no debt and able to assemble an even better team.