Sign in to follow this  
CJ

Refs will see us down

Have watched carefully Coventry match and Gunn is right was a stonewall penalty which once again we didnt get. Maradona would have been proud of it and to suggest that Cort pushed is just ridiculous, the defender is leaning back towards Cort and there is no visible contact at all. The defender knows what he is doing and has his hand well above body. Awful decision.

Fotheringhams shot is less decisive and looked like defender did try to get arm away.

I know members go on about attack but is very basic defending that is letting us down defenders marking space not players. Eevery player in our box or entering has to be marked!

The worrying thing is that it''s not just in our matches.

I was watching the local highlights of the Saints match and they were given a penalty for a handball which was just as stonewall as ours.

In the second half, Cardiff had an equally good appeal which was turned down.

It just feels like the football gods are totally against us this season, particularly after last weekend.

We''re still s**t though.

I have to say that I can''t recall a season like the one we are having for refs having such a big impact on our fortunes.  A lot of the time you make your own luck, but from the very first game (a dodgy pen given against, cast iron one not given for (handball)) we''ve had the rough end of some rather crucial penalty decisions, right up to the one not given for us against on Saturday.  It is always said that you expect the crap decisions to even themselves out over the season, but if it is going to happen this time out we should be getting a bucketload of dodgy pens in the last 11 games....something that is sadly extremely unlikely to happen.   

Tomorrows Ref, is Graham Scott  a championship Virgin, he has covered 22 matches this season all in either leagues 1 and 2 and and odd cup game.  This is his first season on the league list after graduating from non-league last seaso, In those 22 games Scott has shown 56 yellows (2.54 a game) and seven

reds. His biggest hauls so far are eight yellows and a red in a match

between Colchester and Orient in December and four yellows and two reds

at Mk Dons v Cheltenham in October.

[quote user="JimRoyle"]It does seem that when you are near the bottom decisions go against you. But you can''t put all the blame on the refs - we have missed far too many chances this season.[/quote]It''s probably more of a case of ''looking for bad stuff while you are down'' as opposed to being ''kicked when you''re down''

Wrong! It was 6-3 to Orient on yellows and 1-1 on red cards. I''d have sent Izzy off before he did.

We won 1-0, enjoyable in a brutal sort of way.[:D]

Not too good, no. 

Not making excuses, but the refs always seem to be against us, even in our premiership season, Andy Coles offside goal for Fulham, we lost 1-0, the ref giving Portsmouth a penalty at Fratton Park for absolutley no reason at all, drew 1-1, Andy Johnson dive for Palace, drew 3-3, Lauren not getting sent off when Hucks was through on goal, the list goes on. This season we have been royally screwed over by the refs, I can only recall one decision which went our way, when we should have given away a penalty but it wasn''t given, can''t remember which game, but it''s getting beyond a joke now, if we had these decisions go for us which they should have, then we wouldn''t be in the bottom 3 now, that is a fact, now we have 11 games left for some decisions to go our way, and I can gurantee they won''t.

All clubs moan about dodgy decisions.  We don''t have a monopoly on this.  Just because some people are beginning to believe there''s some sort of refereeing conspiracy against us doesn''t alter the simple truth that we are hopeless both on and off the pitch. 

i''m beginning to think ****so had a very bad effect on our club - with his ''me, me, me'' bulls**t for a ref show here against brizzle city...we''ve not won since - and i was hoping a decent win on saturday would get us going again...[:(]

[quote user="CJ"]

Have watched carefully Coventry match and Gunn is right was a stonewall penalty which once again we didnt get. Maradona would have been proud of it and to suggest that Cort pushed is just ridiculous, the defender is leaning back towards Cort and there is no visible contact at all. The defender knows what he is doing and has his hand well above body. Awful decision.

Fotheringhams shot is less decisive and looked like defender did try to get arm away.

I know members go on about attack but is very basic defending that is letting us down defenders marking space not players. Eevery player in our box or entering has to be marked!

[/quote]

TBF refs make bad decisicions for all clubs over course of time.

Just think instead where we would be if our defence hadn''t let in all those sloppy goals this season, and how many times has JC squandered gilt edged chances?

The standard of refereeing has declined over the last few years but Hackett the head of refereeing thinks everything is rosy because crowds are increasing. The use of technology is long overdue - especially with the immense amount of finance that can hang on a wrong decision - but again the FA hide behind FIFA''s apron strings saying we are not allowed to use technology, we now have Platini the head of EUFA wanting  extra officials to be in place to decide dodgy goal line decisions if this happens at Norwich they still wont get decisions right because they will probably be asleep by the time we have a shot on target. Why not just use the technology available.

After D''Ursos performance you would have thought that the club would have lodged a complaint but No our CE says you are not allowed to do that, Ferguson at Man U does it quite effectively. I am sorry but little ol Norwich have to start playing the big boys game and use whoever they have to put pressure on the officials - what did Warnock do at the weekend sent his subs to warm up next to the linesman - why doesn''t Delia use her status to question the decisions of officials.

Until the club starts to flex its muscle we will be little ol Norwich for ever. Prudence without ambition lives.

[quote user="Grim Roeder"][quote user="CJ"]

[/quote]

TBF refs make bad decisicions for all clubs over course of time.

Just think instead where we would be if our defence hadn''t let in all those sloppy goals this season, and how many times has JC squandered gilt edged chances?

[/quote]I don''t agree with that one bit, you ever watch Liverpool? They get the dodgiest decisions go for them, left, right and centre, and they never concede penalties, even when they are stonewall.

Most decisions will go against little old Norwich, because we''re just a small friendly club. [:|]

I disagree - its our playing staff that will see us down.  And no one else.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]I disagree - its our playing staff that will see us down.  And no one else.[/quote]

Exactly. We have had some bad desisions go against us this season, but we shouldn''t be in a position after 35 games having to look back on all the refereeing errors and think what if, and that is down to the players and coaching staff I''m afraid.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]I disagree - its our playing staff that will see us down.  And no one else.[/quote]

Agree entirely.

Don''t blame the referees. Good/bad decisions all balance out over the season.

The truth is our team is c*ap and we fully deserve to be where we are in the League right now.

I think we hve been on the end of some poor decisions but it seems that when you lose you dwell on perceived injustices. If we had a little quality and we had beaten Coventry and Bristol City the ref''s would not have really been mentioned.