Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

start gow up front on saturday???

can''t see how corty can play so many games so close together - and gow did well when he came on - should gunny start gow up front with hooley in the hole???2 former blackpool players up front should be enough to see city collect!!!i mean - our old boys usually do well against us...

That''s a great idea !!  Ex-players always score against us so this should be a successful tactic for us for a change.      

Why not - give Cort a rest on the bench and a front line of Hooly and Gow, surely one or both will score...they would do if it was us. 

If we are looking for a bit of a more attacking formation I''d have Carney on from the start in place of Bertrand, otherwise pretty much the same side as tonight should do.

Cort has been excellent in his last few games so unless he really is crocked why change a winning formula?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Cort has been excellent in his last few games so unless he really is crocked why change a winning formula?
[/quote]

Agreed. Unless he''s got an actual injury that prevents him from playing at all then he has to start, as do all the others from tonight.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]can''t see how corty can play so many games so close together - and gow did well when he came on - should gunny start gow up front with hooley in the hole???2 former blackpool players up front should be enough to see city collect!!!i mean - our old boys usually do well against us...
[/quote]

I wouldnt say Gow done well when he came on! He had one good touch when we won a free kick, but other than that he looked lazy. Cort didnt look so good tonight, he did look a bit tired so maybe the games are catching up on him.  Although Gow didnt look great when he came on, I would agree to give him a chance of a start and see what hes like on a better pitch when we are not simply clearing the ball upfield all the time.!

I really wasn''t that impressed with Gow. Didn''t play badly but no real movement, didn''t really get beyond a jog. Could see glimmers of quality though, i''m sure he''ll come good given a few more games. Cort on the other hand, played well. Again didn''t set the world alight but won a lot of ball and caused rangers defence a lot of problems. If it ain''t broke (and for once its not!)

[quote user="Bryan Gunn"]I really wasn''t that impressed with Gow. Didn''t play badly but no real movement, didn''t really get beyond a jog. Could see glimmers of quality though, i''m sure he''ll come good given a few more games.

Cort on the other hand, played well. Again didn''t set the world alight but won a lot of ball and caused rangers defence a lot of problems.

If it ain''t broke (and for once its not!)
[/quote]

Didn''t really put the effort in for me, but like others have said give him a few more games and he could  work his way in and grow in our estimation...Corty didn''t look all that on his first few outings but has now started to make his mark