Sign in to follow this  
rjwc22

Carl Cort

Is he worth keeping?

I am still not sure about him as in patches he has looked good but this might just be when compared to the rest of the team.  He has the attributes we have needed for a lot of the season but also still looks like his fitness is a big question mark.

Not sure what we are paying him but if we could keep him do you think he would be a good league 1 player?

[quote user="rjwc22"]

Is he worth keeping?

I am still not sure about him as in patches he has looked good but this might just be when compared to the rest of the team.  He has the attributes we have needed for a lot of the season but also still looks like his fitness is a big question mark.

Not sure what we are paying him but if we could keep him do you think he would be a good league 1 player?

[/quote]

If you mean if were in league 1 would he be any use, I think the answer is yes! Apparantly he''s been playing alright lately and this is a league up, sp presumably fitness would not be as much of an issue in league 1! But hopefully by some miracle we wont have to worry about that!! [:|]

I''d say he''s one of the few squad members we have right now that is actually doing the shirt any justice at all. Some may get on his back for that second Coventry goal but the fact he was even in our box at all trying to fend off the opposition is commendable. Actually, he kept the guy at bay for more than long enough for one of our defenders to come in and deal with the situation. From what I''ve read he seems to be putting in decent performances recently. Despite comments about his fitness, he''s still managed to get through pre-match tests and fight for the cause. His terrific strike against Wolves also proves he''s still got some goals in him. The more games he plays, the more he''ll improve and I believe he''ll deliver the goods.

I would agree with that Flash, his comments in the Pinkun about defending and playing ugly football to get results seem to suggest he has a passion to win.

Maybe him and Cody could be the new Iwelumo and Cureton!

Carl Cort ever since probably Wolves away, has done well i think, against Bristol City i thought he was arguably our best player. And has done well since then, and is getting better every week.

[quote user="Superflash"]

I''d say he''s one of the few squad members we have right now that is actually doing the shirt any justice at all. Some may get on his back for that second Coventry goal but the fact he was even in our box at all trying to fend off the opposition is commendable. Actually, he kept the guy at bay for more than long enough for one of our defenders to come in and deal with the situation. From what I''ve read he seems to be putting in decent performances recently. Despite comments about his fitness, he''s still managed to get through pre-match tests and fight for the cause. His terrific strike against Wolves also proves he''s still got some goals in him. The more games he plays, the more he''ll improve and I believe he''ll deliver the goods.

[/quote]

He should never have had to be in the position to defend that goal ''it is not his job''  one of the defenders should have been there defending or helping him out.

Carl has been one of the bright points about travelling 260 miles every other weekend.

he was good against burnley, and he''s on a pay as you play deal, definately worth it. Better than Cureton for £8kpw

I am guessing that if he stays on next season it will not be pay as you play and will probably want about as much as Jamie.

Still cannot see him settling for much less at his age as I reckon his pay as you play deal means he gets a couple of grand per match and he will be thinking that another champ club will want him after showing his fitness for us.

Even in League 1 we will be considered a big club and players will be expecting 5k a week as standard.

in my eyes he has done enough to get a deal so come on gunny be fair to him and give him a contract,if we go down other lower championship clubs will want him,we need to get him signed on

He is getting stronger and better by the game (improving match fitness, I assume). Would be a great asset in Div 1, if we end up there.

By all accounts he''s getting better and better as he gets more games under his belt. Give him a full pre-season and he might be a real asset. Let''s not forget that this is a player who Newcastle payed £7m+ for five or so years back and he averaged a goal every two games for Wolves even more recently.It''s a gamble.....but we''re skint!

Another hardworking performance this evening from what I could hear on Radio Norfolk, regularly tracking back and giving his all for the cause. A goal would''ve been nice but if he''s saving them for the next few games then I''ll let him off!

Corty is a decent target man, and for me the sheer lack of that sort of player makes him a useful player to have in the squad. Not sure I''d have him in my first eleven though. 

we need someone with a bit of prescence up there, and Killen didn''t convince me in the brief cameo i saw him play in. Maybe Maccy D''s will fit in well next to him, and form an awesome attacking four with Hoolahan and Croft part of it too. Why not shove in Gow and Clingan in there and i''m left very convinced that''s a lineup that could get us goals.