Sign in to follow this  
Lennon7

**QPR MATCH THREAD**

Another thing that is only 1 defeat in 4 away games under Gunny and that at Preston who have one of, if not the best home record in the division. Are the players more relaxed away from home free from the moans and groans of a significant percentage of our fans?

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Been a while since we won in London. Saturday, for me, is know the biggest game since Fulham. Win, we are back with confidence and take points of our rivals, but lose, tonight means bugger all.

[/quote]

Yes, but if we hadn''t won, it would have been all over. Like it is for Charlton now.

[/quote]

Agree, I was worried about that. Other teams have been winning and I felt that a draw would have been of no use too.

And there was a 1st, I wanted Scum to win, as much as us. Never again, well until we need them again.

[quote user="canaryjock"]

My dear, dear friends of this message board. A word of thanks to you all for keeping me so in the loop this evening because I honestly couldn''t listen to the game. For this I feel somewhat ashamed and there were many moments throughout the match when I wanted to log in to Canaries World and start listening but for fear of jinxing us, I simply couldn''t do it so despite some scary moments such as random posts  saying things like "goal" leading me to think they''d scored and "get in" leading me to think we scored, you guys did a good job for me! [:D] And I was also one of those who was bursting for a Jason Lee from about 70 mins in by the way. Talk about relief in more ways than one!

Long way to go but my word was this a must win match for us. Well done indeed to our boys and to our magnificent away support once again.

[/quote]

In that case, you''re not allowed to listen for the rest of the season. Sorry!

[quote user="canaryjock"]

My dear, dear friends of this message board. A word of thanks to you all for keeping me so in the loop this evening because I honestly couldn''t listen to the game. For this I feel somewhat ashamed and there were many moments throughout the match when I wanted to log in to Canaries World and start listening but for fear of jinxing us, I simply couldn''t do it so despite some scary moments such as random posts  saying things like "goal" leading me to think they''d scored and "get in" leading me to think we scored, you guys did a good job for me! [:D] And I was also one of those who was bursting for a Jason Lee from about 70 mins in by the way. Talk about relief in more ways than one!

Long way to go but my word was this a must win match for us. Well done indeed to our boys and to our magnificent away support once again.

[/quote]

I love this thread when we are away from home, and I guess as you didn''t listen it gave you some idea of what was going on. [:D]

Unquestionably the most vital 3 points of the season so far. Marshall made some good saves and despite an early clanger I''m delighted he kept the clean sheet. Praise at the back must also go to Shackell who sounded like he wouldn''t be beaten at any cost. Hats off to Cort too, as he was often tracking back into the penalty area to help out the defense. For the Blackpool game, I think Gow deserves a start. A good substitution from Gunny tonight and you just know he''s got a good chance of scoring against his old club, sods law on their part!Overall, not our best display of the season and on another day QPR could''ve obliterated us with the amount of possesion they had. But for sheer hard work and effort tonight justice has been done after a poor first half decision from the Linesman. Well done lads! I leave you with this rather random quote from a an old kids TV show episode I watched with my little cousin on dvd recently..."Well done boy! You''ve got them! You''ve GOT them!!"

I''ll be in the USA on Saturday, I''ll definitely be waking up at 8am to listen to the commentary! [:D]

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]Another thing that is only 1 defeat in 4 away games under Gunny and that at Preston who have one of, if not the best home record in the division. Are the players more relaxed away from home free from the moans and groans of a significant percentage of our fans?[/quote]

I don''t think so, the lads get terrific support when it''s deserved, also the squad was different tonight, and I really feel that Rusty offers more than Fozzy, different charecter for starters.

Lets hope that they get something from Blackpool, that will really really help.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="canaryjock"]

[/quote]

I love this thread when we are away from home, and I guess as you didn''t listen it gave you some idea of what was going on. [:D]

[/quote]

You''re absolutely right mate, I kicked every ball with you lot and my F5 button has almost completely worn out now! [:D]

[quote user="london Canary"][quote user="book end"]

[quote user="london Canary"]i can''t do that every game til now and the end of the season!!!! I''m knackerd![/quote]

Listening on Canaries World, last time my pulse was that high was after Iwan scored at the Millenium stadium.

[/quote]

not sure about that...that goal will take some beating : )

[/quote]

That was just pure joy, this was just pure stress but I think the pulse was around the same. Need a cup of tea and a lie down.

[quote user="Superflash"]Unquestionably the most vital 3 points of the season so far. Marshall made some good saves and despite an early clanger I''m delighted he kept the clean sheet. Praise at the back must also go to Shackell who sounded like he wouldn''t be beaten at any cost. Hats off to Cort too, as he was often tracking back into the penalty area to help out the defense.

For the Blackpool game, I think Gow deserves a start. A good substitution from Gunny tonight and you just know he''s got a good chance of scoring against his old club, sods law on their part!

Overall, not our best display of the season and on another day QPR could''ve obliterated us with the amount of possesion they had. But for sheer hard work and effort tonight justice has been done after a poor first half decision from the Linesman. Well done lads! I leave you with this rather random quote from a an old kids TV show episode I watched with my little cousin on dvd recently...

"Well done boy! You''ve got them! You''ve GOT them!!"

[/quote]

Agreed about the lads and especially Shacks, anyone would think he''s still a NCFC player, and I guess at heart he is.

over 20000 people viewed this thread, not bad.

Another stat for you, which is good for us. Only Watford have a better goal difference.

PS, well done to the defence and by the sound of it, Marsh made some good saves.

[quote user="canaryjock"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="canaryjock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re absolutely right mate, I kicked every ball with you lot and my F5 button has almost completely worn out now! [:D]

[/quote]

lol I know what you mean.  We can all go to bed a little happier at an away win tonight [:D]

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]Another thing that is only 1 defeat in 4 away games under Gunny and that at Preston who have one of, if not the best home record in the division. Are the players more relaxed away from home free from the moans and groans of a significant percentage of our fans?[/quote]

Don''t blame the fans.

We''ve given more than our best this season - support a team like Newcastle or Leeds and see how ''fans'' really turn upon a team!  

[quote user="Superflash"]Unquestionably the most vital 3 points of the season so far. Marshall made some good saves and despite an early clanger I''m delighted he kept the clean sheet. Praise at the back must also go to Shackell who sounded like he wouldn''t be beaten at any cost. Hats off to Cort too, as he was often tracking back into the penalty area to help out the defense.

For the Blackpool game, I think Gow deserves a start. A good substitution from Gunny tonight and you just know he''s got a good chance of scoring against his old club, sods law on their part!

Overall, not our best display of the season and on another day QPR could''ve obliterated us with the amount of possesion they had. But for sheer hard work and effort tonight justice has been done after a poor first half decision from the Linesman. Well done lads! I leave you with this rather random quote from a an old kids TV show episode I watched with my little cousin on dvd recently...

"Well done boy! You''ve got them! You''ve GOT them!!"

[/quote]

Me too. I think Marshy gets some really unfair criticism on here at times so I''m really pleased for him and indeed for the Doc who got a well deserved pat on the back as well.

[quote user="Largey"]Is 2 wins away from home too much to ask for a Norwich side???[/quote]

Probably although like QPR it might be a good time to play Blackpool. Like someone has already said if we beat them we go above them. I just can''t believe the way some of the teams down the bottom have picked up recently. Soton 3 straight wins, Plymouth winning their last 2, Watford had won 3 on the bounce before tonight, Forest have won their last 2 games. We need to make sure that we string 3 or 4 wins together to really get back in the pack. The likes of Palace are going to be looking over their shoulder now.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Blackpool are bottom of the form table. [:D]
[/quote]

Now that is really tempting fate !!

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Another stat for you, which is good for us. Only Watford have a better goal difference.

Has to be some kind of record for a match thread.

PS, well done to the defence and by the sound of it, Marsh made some good saves.

[/quote]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

And Marshy nearlly scored lol, how about that.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

[quote user="Largey"]Is 2 wins away from home too much to ask for a Norwich side???[/quote]

Probably although like QPR it might be a good time to play Blackpool. Like someone has already said if we beat them we go above them. I just can''t believe the way some of the teams down the bottom have picked up recently. Soton 3 straight wins, Plymouth winning their last 2, Watford had won 3 on the bounce before tonight, Forest have won their last 2 games. We need to make sure that we string 3 or 4 wins together to really get back in the pack. The likes of Palace are going to be looking over their shoulder now.

[/quote]

Their runs had to start somewhere, maybe ours starts tonight?

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

[/quote]

Their runs had to start somewhere, maybe ours starts tonight?

[/quote]

God I would love to think so.  Will be able to go to Florida happy in the knowledge that we are staying up.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

Don''t blame the fans.

We''ve given more than our best this season - support a team like Newcastle or Leeds and see how ''fans'' really turn upon a team!  

[/quote]

Fair point but in our current situation targetting individual players is not helpful particularly booing the keeper - the last thing we need is to undermine his confidence any further. If you are tuning up to boo then I''d rather they didn''t turn up at all. Some Fans seem to have an agenda before a game has even started!

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

support a team like Newcastle or Leeds and see how ''fans'' really turn upon a team!  

[/quote]You mean two of the loyalist sets of fans in the country.........

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="LinkNR9"]

Don''t blame the fans.

[/quote]

Fair point but in our current situation targetting individual players is not helpful particularly booing the keeper - the last thing we need is to undermine his confidence any further. If you are tuning up to boo then I''d rather they didn''t turn up at all. Some Fans seem to have an agenda before a game has even started!

[/quote]

I agree that it''s plain dumb to boo our own players. However, the players need to give us something to cheer; maybe tonight is our starting point.