Sign in to follow this  
The Walking Man

Lee Croft booked Twice?

Was Lee Croft booked twice tonight?

According to both Sky Sports website and the BBC he was booked once in the 33rd minute and again in the 91st minute both for unsporting behaviour without getting sent off. Can anybody confirm this?

I was pretty sure that I saw someone say he was booked in the first half, and it def says he was booked after c90 minutes....I guess one of them must be the wrong player - after all, they had the scorer as Bertrand on most of the media for some time.

Well, if the referee messed that one up it makes up for the idiot changing his mind about the penalty.

Will that be a retrospective red? They dont do anything else retrospectively unfortunately

[quote user="IBA"]Will that be a retrospective red? They dont do anything else retrospectively unfortunately[/quote]Don''t think so, he wasn''t "sent off" in the match, so it''ll go down as two yellows on his tally, but no ban

Cock ups all round by the media tonight, players in the wrong position, Bertrand reported as the scorer and on the bookings. If I remember correctly on the commentary Goreham said Grounds was the first booking of the match in the second half (BBC don''t have him listed as booked at all). Soccerbase even say no Norwich players were booked! [:S]The first Croft phantom booking came around 33 minutes which I think was when the pen that never was incident happened... which might explain it.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]The official site shows two yellow cards against him too[/quote]

the official site also shows Bertrand as the scorer.

ps. can anyone help as to how I get my emoticon in the body of text, rather than the header?  I always seem to get it wrong!

Use the ''insert smiley'' feature which is in the bar above where you type (where you can change font etc.)and NOT the one below, which simply posts and icon next to your message.

The Orange website has now removed the 33rd minute booking for Croft. They''ve switched it over to Routledge, as previously they showed no QPR bookings.http://orange.sportbox.tv/football/live/index.php

When he got booked the second time I said to the bloke next to me ''he''s off''.....yet the red never followed. I''m sure he was booked in the first half at the far end of the pitch....can''t remember what for though.

Well theres no disputing the 90 minute card was for Croft. I thought it was harsh though, QPR fan threw the ball at croft, fiar enough he didn''t make much effort to catch it and take the throw in but I didn''t think it should have been a booking. Not sure what happened 1st half though.

[quote user="AJ"]Use the ''insert smiley'' feature which is in the bar above where you type (where you can change font etc.)

and NOT the one below, which simply posts and icon next to your message.
[/quote]

Thanks![:)]