Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

NOT DEAD YET

I told you.

Clean sheets much more important than goals

We still have a decent chance

i cant see us winning another 5 games although i still dont think we''ll go down i reckon will get 4 more wins a few draws and maybe one loss and stay up but about 1 point

Hurrah!

Amazing really as apparently we were dead, buried and may as well be in administration according to most posters....

[quote user="jetstream"]Hurrah! Amazing really as apparently we were dead, buried and may as well be in administration according to most posters....[/quote]

The league looks a lot better now when you think Watford and Plymouth still have to come here.

A least we still have a chance.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]yeah - but by the sounds of it,,,some fans have got so excited[/quote]Yes, god forbid some fans should get excited...that would never do (in the Jarrold stand!)Of course fans are excited. Any fan of the club should be excited, we''ve grabbed ourselves a lifeline tonight and to be perfectly honest one I didn''t expect after Saturday.

Sounded fantastic !!!  Blood, guts & glory!!!!!! Clingan applauding the supporters & the supporters applauding back ......THIS is the attitude THIS is the way. Relegation or not, that fighting spirit, that pride means everything !!!And I think Shackell wants to come home .....

[quote]Yes, god forbid some fans should get excited...that would never do (in the Jarrold stand!)[/quote]Oi. [:P] Some of us try! [:)]I''m delighted that after stating we could do it tonight to my friends, family, colleagues and here on the pink''un , we have infact done it! Blackpool on Saturday will be a tough test but the atmosphere should be incredible.

Absolutely Ricardo

In the immortal words of Lenny Kravtiz, "It Ain''t Over ''Til It''s (Mathematically) Over"...

[quote user="First Wizard"]This ain''t doing my nerves any good at all![:D][/quote]

We are both to old for this Wiz.

I had to go outside and walk around for a bit.

Saturday will massively vital.Birmingham v SouthamptonBlackpool v NorwichCharlton v WatfordForest v SwanseaPlymouth v Reading

Shackell and Doherty sounded immense. If they can keep that up, we''re still alive. I''m overjoyed with the win tonight, but it will still be a major achievement to stay up. But, we now have hope!

well done city great result but we are still in pretty much the same position with southampton winning, lets just hope this isnt a one off like many of our other good wins this season. And lets hope the teams around us start to drop points too.

[quote user="LiamGallagher"]i cant see us winning another 5 games although i still dont think we''ll go down i reckon will get 4 more wins a few draws and maybe one loss and stay up but about 1 point[/quote]

I couldn''t seeing us winning tonight but we did and it I just think it will give them huge confidence. Sounds like we played like we knew how to win a game for once, digging in and doing the ugly part and a real team effort and will to win which we haven''t seen for eons. Plus the clean sheet will give them a massive boost. We are back on course for the great escape but it''s going to be really close as all the other teams are capable of getting wins.

[quote user="deano123w"]well done city great result but we are still in pretty much the same position with southampton winning, lets just hope this isnt a one off like many of our other good wins this season. And lets hope the teams around us start to drop points too. [/quote]Same position? We are now within touching distance of Blackpool.

[quote user="JimRoyle"][quote user="deano123w"]well done city great result but we are still in pretty much the same position with southampton winning, lets just hope this isnt a one off like many of our other good wins this season. And lets hope the teams around us start to drop points too. [/quote]Same position? We are now within touching distance of Blackpool.[/quote]touching distance my @rse!!![:P]

[quote user="JimRoyle"][quote user="deano123w"]well done city great result but we are still in pretty much the same position with southampton winning, lets just hope this isnt a one off like many of our other good wins this season. And lets hope the teams around us start to drop points too. [/quote]Same position? We are now within touching distance of Blackpool.[/quote]Same league posistion and only one point closer to safety we really need a result on sat at blackpool , I just dont want to get to carried away with this win.

[quote user="deano123w"][quote user="JimRoyle"][quote user="deano123w"]well done city great result but we are still in pretty much the same position with southampton winning, lets just hope this isnt a one off like many of our other good wins this season. And lets hope the teams around us start to drop points too. [/quote]Same position? We are now within touching distance of Blackpool.[/quote]Same league posistion and only one point closer to safety we really need a result on sat at blackpool , I just dont want to get to carried away with this win. [/quote]This is so true - we are not down yet - but emphasis has to be on the yet rather than the not down.We must get a result at Blackpool - in my books anything but a loss. They are pretty much the only catchable team now and considering that Southampton have a game in hand it may not be enough.Again whilst in the next game we could go equal on points with Watford and Barnsley they both have games in hand and so you would be hoping for them to loose at least one of their games - you certainly wouldn''t want them picking up more than three points out of a possible six just to give us a chance.In the end our guys can''t worry about any of that and they have to go out there and get the best possible result only after each result can they have a glimpse at that table.Those that say we have only got a point closer and it means nothing need to look at the goal difference tally. As they say - a good goal difference can be as good as a point. In this case should everyone around us loose we would be 20th. I like having a team between us and the bottom three as a buffer thank you very much!However - like I said, I think the odds still remain against us - a good goal difference is only useful in a situation where you share points, so first of all we need the points. I just hope Hoolahan has a blinder against his old team and we beat them. In reality right now Blackpool and Southampton are the two teams most likely to finish bellow us other than Charlton.

Yes but things are still looking a bit better than they did on Saturday. If we could sneak another 1-0 win at Bloomfield Road we might even be out of the bottom three. After the gloom and doom of Saturday to be in this position is worth celebrating in itself.

We''re going to have to do something we haven''t done all season then... Win two games in a row (not to mention away!). Don''t forget that our record against relegation rivals has been poor this season. So all in all we''re still odds on to go down. But... where there is a slim chance there is still hope! Cruel, torturing hope!!

[quote user="claud"]Saturday will massively vital.

Birmingham v Southampton  2:0
Blackpool v Norwich  0:2
Charlton v Watford  1:1 or 1:0
Forest v Swansea  1:3
Plymouth v Reading  0:3

[/quote]im hoping the results will look something like this...come on city

Ricardo is right: the key to survival is clean sheets.   10 clean sheets would probably see us to safety (since even City would presumably score in three of those ten games, and three wins and seven draws would get us 16 points, to 52 which would probably be enough).   Not easy to see us keeping ten clean sheets though!

As John Cleese said, "The despair I can cope with, it''s the hope I can''t stand".