Sign in to follow this  
:)

Trouble in Lower Barclay?

Did anyone see what was going on in the lower barclay towards the end of the game??

[quote user="Scole Canary"]

Not much going on in there, the passion left that stand years ago.

[/quote]

Not entirely true.

There were a few disguntled and upset fans outside the LB as we were leaving.  I can feel protests in the air.

Well done, I was implying that there needs to be a bit more passion shown during the match to help the team but I suppose the way they are playing it is easier said than done.

[quote user="Steeevo"]Did anyone see what was going on in the lower barclay towards the end of the game??[/quote]

yeah I did, right near where I sit. There''s a big bloke, about 40 years old, who sits in Block C, with about a dozen members of family by the look of it. I mean we are talking a BIG bloke, I would not want to get into a scrap with him. He has a bit of a reputation for going a bit OTT, Today he got into a big row with a couple of the stewards, then towards the end was having a go at a supporter behind him. I think the brave, somewhat foolhardy supporter called him a tw*t, whereupon it took about a dozen people to try and hold him back until the stewards could get hold of some of the boys in blue, who eventually got him out.

Thing is, he''s been kicked out a couple of times before, but for some reason not banned, be interesting to see if they ban him this time.

The trouble started when towards the end of the game a supporter a couple of rows in front of me started chanting ''sack the board, sack the board,....''.  Then some bloke (fairly well built, grey hair and glasses) some three rows or so in front turned and told hime to shut up and asked him if was willing to put his money into the club.  The first supporter said that he did, week in and week out by coming to the games and finished his response by calling the big bloke a t**t.  So, ''big bloke'' (as we will now call him) decided to make his way up the rows to sort him out.  Nothing really came of it as others were restraining him.  The stewards finally turned up.

Have to say though, it was the most exciting piece of action of the whole afternoon!!

[quote user="Steeevo"]Did anyone see what was going on in the lower barclay towards the end of the game??[/quote]

paramedics attending to Curetons latest wayward shot victim?

[quote user="Sparky"]

The trouble started when towards the end of the game a supporter a couple of rows in front of me started chanting ''sack the board, sack the board,....''.  Then some bloke (fairly well built, grey hair and glasses) some three rows or so in front turned and told hime to shut up and asked him if was willing to put his money into the club.  The first supporter said that he did, week in and week out by coming to the games and finished his response by calling the big bloke a t**t.  So, ''big bloke'' (as we will now call him) decided to make his way up the rows to sort him out.  Nothing really came of it as others were restraining him.  The stewards finally turned up.

Have to say though, it was the most exciting piece of action of the whole afternoon!!

[/quote]

hope you are reading this Mr Nutty Nigel? you see, history repeats itself. way back before the Chase out campaign got into full swing, I decided to start a bit of a "Chase Out" chant going in the Lower Barclay. My reward?  being attacked by a couple of meatheads, and then threatened again outside the ground after. you wonder why I and a few more like me aren''t that keen to set the ball rolling? read above, there''s always someone ready to smack you in the mouth for being the first. the same type who are usually quite happy to join in when it becomes a "popular" protest. still thank God there was someone there brave enough to stick up for poor old Delia and her lovely Board eh?

I was also sitting close by, they both had the right to there own opinion and the man calling the big man a ''twat'' was a bit out of order and suicidal to be honest! If any of you have seen the size of this man and his son then you would understand haha!

[quote user="CanaryRyan"]I was also sitting close by, they both had the right to there own opinion and the man calling the big man a ''twat'' was a bit out of order and suicidal to be honest! If any of you have seen the size of this man and his son then you would understand haha![/quote]

maybe we need him and his son in the dressing room after we lose!

The big man and his boy being referred to are well known at the club and at away games. The big father has been chucked out of numourous games home and away for being OTT and giving people a hard time who have a different opinion of him. He gets away with it cause theirs about 6 of his family who go regularly to home and away games and club functions so the club are scared of losing the big income they get from him and his family!

That said he has no right to have a go at people expressing their opinions!

I''m afraid that unless things improve this season which looks unlikely, incidents like this will be seen at home games as fans frustrations boil over!

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Sparky"]

[/quote]

hope you are reading this Mr Nutty Nigel? you see, history repeats itself. way back before the Chase out campaign got into full swing, I decided to start a bit of a "Chase Out" chant going in the Lower Barclay. My reward?  being attacked by a couple of meatheads, and then threatened again outside the ground after. you wonder why I and a few more like me aren''t that keen to set the ball rolling? read above, there''s always someone ready to smack you in the mouth for being the first. the same type who are usually quite happy to join in when it becomes a "popular" protest. still thank God there was someone there brave enough to stick up for poor old Delia and her lovely Board eh?

[/quote]

But Mr Barclay_Boy.... I didn''t criticise you for being too much of a scaredy cat to make your  views heard in the Barclay, just that you came on here criticising others for behaving the same as you do [:O]

[quote user="Largey"]

I saw the lad in a pink shirt get abuse from the Cov fans, thats about all!

[/quote]

He sits 2 rows behind me and wears pink every game, the first couple of games the away fans picked him out straight away but recently it''s taken him standing up and giving them stick before they start.

[quote user="jacktungate"][quote user="Largey"]

I saw the lad in a pink shirt get abuse from the Cov fans, thats about all!

[/quote]

He sits 2 rows behind me and wears pink every game, the first couple of games the away fans picked him out straight away but recently it''s taken him standing up and giving them stick before they start.

[/quote]

this all started as he wore a pink shirt at coventry away in august and had half of the ricoh singing "who''s the w*nker in the pink" and i think its stuck!