Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

Fozzy to sign for preston today !

Finally were getting rid of the rubbish, poor old preston. Now to get rid of Fatty Crappyson and bring up some of are youth midfielders.

If he goes think it will signal another player leaving with no money coming in at the end of the season.

obviously a massive bust up at the club yesterday - hopefully the boil has been lanced - and while the wound will be sore - maybe the players will get the bit between their teeth - and give it a right fudging go tonight...although it is beginning to look rather like the charge of the light brigade!!!onwards and upwards!!!

Half a league, half a league onward sounds good at the moment.  However that same analogy would see us going to the valley of death on 3rd May!

>If he goes think it will signal another player leaving with no money coming in at the end of the season.

He only signed a one year contract - he would leave for no money in the summer anyway.

So much for Captain Commitment.

I hope this story is true - maybe Saturday''s was the last straw for him and Gunn?

[quote user="rjwc22"]Half a league, half a league onward sounds good at the moment.  However that same analogy would see us going to the valley of death on 3rd May![/quote]

Not a good analogy.  Suicidal charge over open ground, almost half killed/wounded.  In fact the only people who came out of this well were Tennyson and Florence Nightingale.  Argument between the bosses and they ended up charging the wrong guns.

Horses and swords v Russian artillery shells.  Not good.

Though i would be gald to see him gone, it''s yet another one of our own players who has left. There will be no squad left at the end of the season!

Good riddance....I would like to see Adeyemi start to get in and around the squad whether Fozzy leaves or not.Hopefully he will go, he''s crap and we may get a small loan fee for him.

Hallelujah.

It now seems absolutely certain that he wont be in the team tonight, at the very least.

Good move allround. If we stay up, we wouldn''t want him next season. If we go down, he wouldn''t want us.

Can he be persuaded to take Cureton in his suitcase?

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]obviously a massive bust up at the club yesterday - hopefully the boil has been lanced - and while the wound will be sore - maybe the players will get the bit between their teeth - and give it a right fudging go tonight...

although it is beginning to look rather like the charge of the light brigade!!!

onwards and upwards!!!
[/quote]

I think you''re right LGT.

I get the feeling we''re going to see a very different starting 11 tonight! This may be the best thing thats happened to us this season!

Not sure if this is great news or terrible news.I''ll decide that in reflection of our league status I guess.

His contract is up soon anyway, so it''s not like he is a valuable asset.

Don''t think there will be too many disappointed faces around Norwich if this one happens - good move Gunny.

I agree and is this a first, that unloading the team captain has the effect of raising one''s level of optimism slightly?

Unfortunatlely, the malaise goes deeper than that and I think Gunn might well be two games too late in making very much needed changes.

I look forward to tonight''s team sheet:

Carney? Pattison? Gow? Lappin? Killen!

All players with something to prove, for one reason or another.

Can''t believe how many people think that weakening our squad is a good move for the season. This is depressing news, and gives the "fans" the impression that witch-hunts will work.

I don''t blame him. He hasn''t been great by any means, but there is a better player in him. Getting out of dodge will no doubt be a blessing, as this club gets worse and worse.

In fairness im not his biggest fan but he doesn''t deserve the dogs abuse hes suffered when several other players have been equaly as poor , I''m not too bothered if he leaves as his position is one we are well covered in and the chances are he was going to be out of here in the summer anyway ,What is it with Preston didn''t they sign Jarrat from us too ?

[quote user="Mook"]Can''t believe how many people think that weakening our squad is a good move for the season. This is depressing news, and gives the "fans" the impression that witch-hunts will work.[/quote]

In the same sense, if he is on big money maybe Gunn thinks the money can be better spent on another player? This would obviously be a loan but anyone who helps us stay up is welcome at the moment.

I personally have never liked Fotheringham.

Please god let this be true. Tuly one of the worst CM ever to play for NCFC. P*#s off and never come back!

I think he''s a fine player, I like the way he keeps everything ticking in midfield. I see nothing wrong with our current midfield, it''s elsewhere we have the problems. If we are losing Fozzy as a result of those ''supporters'' who need someone on the pitch to bully & blame then that leaves me feeling angry and cheated. If he goes I believe we shall be far worse off without him - thanks to the moaners 

[quote user="Mook"]Can''t believe how many people think that weakening our squad is a good move for the season. This is depressing news, and gives the "fans" the impression that witch-hunts will work.[/quote]

I''m with you, Mook. I''d prefer to Pattison in central midfield tonight with Clingan, but just think back to the Bristol City game, when Doc was sent off. We only have two centre backs. If one gets injured/suspended, Clingan has to go back there. The best deputy for Clingan, sitting in front of the back four, is Fotheringham. The trouble comes, Bryan, when you play Fozzy and Clingan together.

The witch-hunt against him is ridiculous. He''s not had a good season. Who has? He''s a better player than most give him credit for. He''s been the equal of Clingan in recent games, and he''s been superior to Russell all season.

The last thing we need is for our squad to get any thinner.

[quote user="coops"]Please god let this be true. Tuly one of the worst CM ever to play for NCFC. P*#s off and never come back![/quote]

Andy Hughes, Rossi Jarvis, Michael Spillane, Darel Russell. All worse than Fozzy, all in the last three years, and all off the top of my head.

[quote user="Yellow Shrimper"]I think he''s a fine player, I like the way he keeps everything ticking in midfield. I see nothing wrong with our current midfield, it''s elsewhere we have the problems. If we are losing Fozzy as a result of those ''supporters'' who need someone on the pitch to bully & blame then that leaves me feeling angry and cheated. If he goes I believe we shall be far worse off without him - thanks to the moaners [/quote]

LOL.