Sign in to follow this  
Andy Larkin

Forum arguments / discussions / lack of per se

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]Why is it, when you take the time to construct a robust and well-thought out response to an equally robust but maybe not so well-thought-out post (in my opinion obviously, otherwise I would be in agreement wouldn''t I?), do people just stop responding?

There''s loads of carp thrown around on here by some "right rum buggers" as my granfa''r would say, but when you try and engage them in reasoned debate, they simply melt away. Is it because they don''t have the wit nor substance to back up their arguments? Or have they been called downstairs for their tea?

There are some people that frequent this MB that I have quite differing views from - and I respect them for that - but they still manage to rise above the name-calling (Mr Carrow I seem to remember engaged in quite a reasoned debate, although I am sure that plenty will disagree) but others shout really loudly, rise a right old commotion and then bugger off when challenged.

If they approached a discussion in the same way in the Coach or The Kings Arms or wherever (insert your own watering hole here) before or after a game, they would most likely get a poke on the snout, which means of course, that they wouldn''t actually behave as they do on here if they became engaged in said discussion… yet on here they can call people a binner / Percy / Nancy / board-in''r / board out''r without so much as a tuppence of care for the outcome.

It''s little wonder that the barricades aren''t being stormed… because there isn''t really anyone with the balls or gumption to set about it!

Sirs, I lay before you a gauntlet… I would be honoured if someone would have the good grace to pick it up and smite my knavish cheek with it… figuratively speaking of course!

It''s a simple question… requiring an adult and simple answer.

OK - assuming that Big Pete doesn''t (A) deem us worthy (B) have the money or (C) have the guts for the fight etc (delete as you see fit)… what is YOUR solution to this most horrible impasse which we find ourselves rubbing up against?

I welcome storming the barricade type posts, but only if you have used your grey matter to think it through and past the pyrrhic victory stage!

This is a post from someone who has done that before, who won''t be doing it again, is fuc*ed right royally off with our plight and would love to hear some good old "blue-sky" thinking about how we progress without BOTH Delia and Co. and The Maidstone Miser.

Thanking you for your time in advance (those that can read that is)
[/quote]

We could try selling the Carp [:D]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Andy, i think there are too many variables and unknowns to really know what is unreasonable and what isn`t.  Delia might have decided that Cullum was the "wrong person" and stonewalled him, or Cullum might have refused to give any assurances about the money he intended to invest- we just don`t know (although it wouldn`t it be nice to be told?).  The statement issued at the time suggested "several interested parties", so who is being unreasonable- those who think these interested parties may show their hand if D and M are put under pressure, or those who glibly state "no-one else wants to take over"?  Essentially, it`s a bit of a free-for-all and whilst that is obviously frustrating i think we all have to accept that most of us haven`t got an awful lot to back our opinions up.

Butler states that Chase`s removal was engineered by Delia.  I know nothing about this, but if true, who knew about it at the time?  I distinctly remember being told whilst demonstrating against Chase "no-one wants to take over so shut your mouth and support the team" plenty of times.  Butler, do you (or anyone else) know catagorically that something similar isn`t going on behind the scenes now?

[/quote]

Any chance of a response Butler?

[/quote]

Just got in after a long hard day!!

It was known by some senior manages at the club at the time. I was told when it was going on as also at the time I was very heavily involved  with the club.

I am not so involved now and cannot state either way what the situation is, although several months ago I was told negotiations were ongoing BUT confidentiality clause in effect so could not be told the whole story. This from a VERY senior person at the club. The economy has changed a lot since then and my own view is that no one is Knocking on the door at present.

I have stated the above many times Mr Carrow but as usual on this board if it does not suit the individuals view of history then it is ****!

A superb post Andy and it''s good to see many people respond in kind.  I have 3 points/thoughts

1.  I think Yankee could have spent a little more time an thought on his post. Great idea but come on Yankee, COWS?? A little more effort please and an acronym for CANARYS.

2. Delia should send scouts to all the major oil producing countries, find a mansion with yellow and green gates, ring the bell and say to the owner "so, you like those colours do you?"

3. Every NCFC season ticket holder, member and supporter puts £1.50 a week into a Euro-millions lottery syndicate.

Not as costructive as some posts but I''m still in shock (and awe) after last night [;)]

[quote user="Scooby"]

A superb post Andy and it''s good to see many people respond in kind.  I have 3 points/thoughts

1.  I think Yankee could have spent a little more time an thought on his post. Great idea but come on Yankee, COWS?? A little more effort please and an acronym for CANARYS.

2. Delia should send scouts to all the major oil producing countries, find a mansion with yellow and green gates, ring the bell and say to the owner "so, you like those colours do you?"

3. Every NCFC season ticket holder, member and supporter puts £1.50 a week into a Euro-millions lottery syndicate.

Not as costructive as some posts but I''m still in shock (and awe) after last night [;)]

[/quote]

I don''t know why, but after all the bad luck we''ve had with pens this season I fancy a change of fortune if we go with option number three. Just as long as we don''t give it to David Nielsen to put on the gee-gees!