Sign in to follow this  
aka_riise

Blackpool Away - MASSIVE

[quote user="aka_riise"]How many do we usually take?

Could we get 1000 up there?
[/quote]

the golf stand, holds up to 1,800, i remember the cup game 2 years ago, we took our full allocation but couldn''t make any atmosphere as it had no roof, was windy and we were spread all along the touchline

I''ll be there. Little worried about the roof situation though as I believe bad weather is predicted this weekend. However I''ve seen some positive results in stands with no roofs in horrible conditions; MK dons a few years ago at  the hockey stadium and Portsmouth in the Prem season were horrible conditions but important results and id happily take take the same on Sat.

OTBC

I would go as far to say, lose and we are down, win we give ourselves a real chance of staying up, and a draw will sit us some where in the middle

a win is the minimum we need at Blackpool, that''ll keep us in the pack and give us a fighting chance, last night was massive and hopefully the players have the right mentality now to go on and get more wins,

Just hope we build on this  - a little run now would be fantastic.

Just hope we handle this sort of pressure better than we usually do! 

Think I said in another post yesterday that our only realistic hope was to go on a 6-8 match unbeaten run.

The big thing is not to lose on Sat.  3 points would be marvellous but need to come away with something to keep the optimism going in the camp that we have turned the corner.  4 from 6 ahead of the next two home games is massive.

[quote user="steve o"]a win is the minimum we need at Blackpool, that''ll keep us in the pack and give us a fighting chance, last night was massive and hopefully the players have the right mentality now to go on and get more wins,[/quote]Agreed, last night was a major stepping stone and a huge confidence boost.  But we need to win at Blackpool if we are serious about staying up, and hope other results go our way for once.  If we do that, I can see us going on a good run, if we don''t win, then we are back to square one.

to be honest a draw will be OK, important not to lose. There is no point looking at teams around us, we must just concentrate on accumulating points and not losing to relegation rivals.

B''pools ground is an utter dump

[quote user="Marty"]

to be honest a draw will be OK, important not to lose. There is no point looking at teams around us, we must just concentrate on accumulating points and not losing to relegation rivals.

[/quote]

Yes, would love to get 3 points but most important not to lose. 4 points from QPR and Blackpool was a must.

Lots of fixtures between the bottom 8 teams to come so it will be going to wire in my opinion.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

Yes, would love to get 3 points but most important not to lose. 4 points from QPR and Blackpool was a must.

Lots of fixtures between the bottom 8 teams to come so it will be going to wire in my opinion.

[/quote]

7 points from the next three games is essential

Unbelievable how the other teams at the bottom are all picking up wins. A couple of weeks ago it seemed that about 46 points might be enough to secure a place for next year but the bar has been raised and now it could easily be 50. With so many avaerage teams in this league it''s going to be a question of who wants it most.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="steve o"]a win is the minimum we need at Blackpool, that''ll keep us in the pack and give us a fighting chance, last night was massive and hopefully the players have the right mentality now to go on and get more wins,[/quote]

Agreed, last night was a major stepping stone and a huge confidence boost.  But we need to win at Blackpool if we are serious about staying up, and hope other results go our way for once.  If we do that, I can see us going on a good run, if we don''t win, then we are back to square one.
[/quote]

Precisely what I was going to say ncfcstar! [Y] Crucial we get 3 pts on saturday, and the chance to then have the confidence to go on a run (like some of the teams around us are now doing) but if we lose, its over!!

Agree this is a must not lose game and a draw could be a decent result, as I think nearly everyone would have taken 4 points from these two games

Got my ticket for the game as well, hope it doesn''t rain.

NO! Not a must win game.We never win those.Its a game we shouldn''t expect to win (we win those!)

I''m off to the Youth Cup at Citeh.  I''m ruddy hate going to blackpool.

I dont know whether it has anything to do with the journey, the stadium or which part of the Yellow Army is present, but you wouldn''t have believed that it was the same support that went to Deepdale a couple of weeks back and the gang that turned up last night. I was wondering whether the long haul up to Lancashire drains the energy before the game ever kicks off, as opposed to a relatively short haul to London, where a lot of exiles are able to join us. Given that the desperate situation was with us long before last night''s game, I am fearful that Blackpool, no matter how many make the trip will turn out to be relatively weak vocally not helped by poor weather and an open stand.