Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Who's your choice for Captain?

Clingan - not because he shows leadership skills but he''s the only one who shows any command of the players around him

our other choices for captain this yr have been a joke

[quote user="San Miguel"]

Clingan - not because he shows leadership skills but he''s the only one who shows any command of the players around him

[/quote]

Agree with that, should be Sammy [Y]

Splat the Cat for Captain, to take over from Captain fairy opps I mean Canary!! or do I mean fairy??  

Clingan would be the seemingly default choice, but I''d also like to throw Carl Cort''s name into that hat for reasons I''ve stated in the actual thread about him. He clearly cares about the cause and does have the experience factor. His fitness is showing signs of progress with improvement seemingly coming from every game. He''s no Dublin, Huckerby, Malky etc but for me apart from Clingan and Cort (and possibly Lee Croft) there''s no other worthy candidates.

Either Clingan or Doherty - they have been our two best players this season and seem to be the only two in the squad with the leadership skills and experience needed to wear the armband. God knows, half our team look as though they need someone to talk and carry them through games.

There''s not a captain in the squad - maybe Stefanovich but as he''s crocked so Russell.

Doc''s commands little respect and Clingan is too mentally weak

[quote user="paul ncfc"]Russell for me..I think he would rise to the job and motivate those around him.
[/quote]

Russell for me too - provided he stops wearing his socks like a "girlie" - someone should tell him it didn''t look good three years ago and certainly doesn''t now!

What would be the point of making Sammy captain when it''s clear he''s unlikely to be with us next season?

Doc for me.

[quote user="Evil"]What would be the point of making Sammy captain when it''s clear he''s unlikely to be with us next season? Doc for me.[/quote]

not a hard choice realy is it, oweing to come the end of the season we wont have a team of our own, but my vote will go to sammy till end of season, and then give the job to Carl Cort next season if he is still with us, perhaps gunn should offer it to him now may help him make his mind up,    

Its Doherty for me, If we can get a good centre back next to him (not Shacks!!) he''ll become a rock at the back and become the leader we''ve missed since macky and flemming left years ago!

Clingan for me.  Has an air of calm about him and leads by example.

I think the comments about him not being about are irrelevant.  We need to survive till the end of the season, if we get relegated there will be a lot of players leaving of their own choice (if they think they can do better) of our accord (if their wages are to high).

[quote user="San Miguel"]

[/quote]2nd that [Y]