Sign in to follow this  
Erik the Viking

FAO:Nutty nigel!!

[quote user="Gazza"]just wondered if your "optimistic" prediction of 52 points still stood????[/quote]

WOW! My own thread! Why thank you Gazza! But what was the point of it? Was it that you not only wanted to celebrate the defeat but also celebrate it at the expense of other fans? Sometimes I wonder about you lot! But "hey" look at the "quality posters" you attracted[:O].. all two of them![+o(][+o(]

Now the thread that you couldn''t be bothered to drag up but that Crafty seems to continually drag up when we lose is here : http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1574396/ShowPost.aspx I''m not going to bother checking through it now but if I remember correctly you said we would end the season on 40 points and I predicted we''d get at least 52. I also predicted at least 6 points from the run of four games ending on Saturday. Those who have been continually "on my case" over it predicted 2. Now we already have 4. The big point I made on that thread was that while I believed we could predict a points total it would be a very brave man who predicted which games the points would be won and I stand by that today. I rather think those who refuse to understand the points I was making or are too empty headed to understand probably need more then a logic refit [:|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Gazza"]just wondered if your "optimistic" prediction of 52 points still stood????[/quote]

WOW! My own thread! Why thank you Gazza! But what was the point of it? Was it that you not only wanted to celebrate the defeat but also celebrate it at the expense of other fans? Sometimes I wonder about you lot! But "hey" look at the "quality posters" you attracted[:O].. all two of them![+o(][+o(]

Now the thread that you couldn''t be bothered to drag up but that Crafty seems to continually drag up when we lose is here : http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1574396/ShowPost.aspx I''m not going to bother checking through it now but if I remember correctly you said we would end the season on 40 points and I predicted we''d get at least 52. I also predicted at least 6 points from the run of four games ending on Saturday. Those who have been continually "on my case" over it predicted 2. Now we already have 4. The big point I made on that thread was that while I believed we could predict a points total it would be a very brave man who predicted which games the points would be won and I stand by that today. I rather think those who refuse to understand the points I was making or are too empty headed to understand probably need more then a logic refit [:|]

[/quote]

Little bit touchy towards the end there NN.Could it be that you are dissapointed that your very own thread attracted only two posts.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Come on Nigel, no need to be touchy.

I always thought your prediction was a bit optimistic but in this league where anyone can beat anyone it is silly to dismiss the possibility. We need to put in a decent run of games and that''s something we have singley failed to do at any stage of this season. However following last nights unexpected result we now have any exellent chance to put that right.

A week ago I was thinking maybe 47 points would be enough but all the bottom teams seem to be kicking on and picking up surprise results. It''s going to go down to the wire Nige, and it might need a bit of luck but I fancy us to get to 49 or 50 points. I will stick my neck out now and say that it will just be enough.

I would like to think your forecast of 52 points will be correct in which case we will certainly be O.K.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I''m told he was sent in for a logic refit last night.

Don''t know if he''s out yet.

[:|]

OTBC

[/quote]

Can I book the missus in for one of these?

[/quote]

Looks like it didn''t work with our nutty, Carlos, so I''d save my money if I were you.

OTBC

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Little bit touchy towards the end there NN.Could it be that you are dissapointed that your very own thread attracted only two posts.

[/quote]

Well Tilly, being as it was marked for my attention I''m not really surprised by one of the posters it attracted. I wasn''t even aware of it''s existence until somebody told me at QPR last night. But I''m just trying to see the reason behind the thread. Especially as the thread where my prediction was made was dragged back up on the same day. It does seem to me that some fans want us to get relegated, either that or there''s a few budding Rory Bremners on this message board[:O]

Did you go last night? As I left last night I remembered last season and walking away from the ground with my daughter, grandson, you and Kathy and we were all lost for words on where we go from here. Strangely there seemed more hope last night than back then. Still, time will tell I guess.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I''m told he was sent in for a logic refit last night.

Don''t know if he''s out yet.

[:|]

OTBC

[/quote]

Can I book the missus in for one of these?

[/quote]

No, they don''t work on women.........or so I''m told.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well Tilly, being as it was marked for my attention I''m not really surprised by one of the posters it attracted. I wasn''t even aware of it''s existence until somebody told me at QPR last night. But I''m just trying to see the reason behind the thread. Especially as the thread where my prediction was made was dragged back up on the same day. It does seem to me that some fans want us to get relegated, either that or there''s a few budding Rory Bremners on this message board[:O]

Did you go last night? As I left last night I remembered last season and walking away from the ground with my daughter, grandson, you and Kathy and we were all lost for words on where we go from here. Strangely there seemed more hope last night than back then. Still, time will tell I guess.

[/quote]I swear I saw you yesterday Nutty, but I can''t remember when or where. Hmmm? It''s looking more and more likely that 50 points is gonna be around where the cut off will be given the surprisingly good run of form many of the teams around us are in. It looks as though 52 points to keep us safe will just squeeze us through and for the time being I think you deserve to pour a tad bit of scorn on those that have been more than willing to do so first. I mean does anybody still think we (and any team in the entire world) will only get 4 points from 10 games.......

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes i remember it all too well NN.No i did not go last night as i was plucking up the courage to ask her indoors if it would be alright if i went to Blackpool on Saturday.

By the way the bit about me being with kathy last year,she wasn''t exactly with me as you put it but she does tend to give people this impression at games and forums.It is the cross i have to carry for being a fanny magnet.You know how it is when i visit your social club she is there following me around.I am going to start thinking she is a bunny boiler but then again so many kathys'' but only one Tilly.