Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

My FM09 (Game) take on current situations.

I''m sure a large number of you play footy manager.. I don''t know if you all play it like me or not, but i think it''s quite comparable to what Gunny is doing at the moment.

This is how it always goes: I get the latest version, rush through the install... Populate the team with all my favourite city names and then hit the starting fixtures with a mass of defeats, one lucky win (Which gives me false hope!) and maybe a few home draws for good measure.

I then sit down and look at my players statistically, ignoring the names, and strictly playing with on-form players in the right positions.

Guess what?, i start getting the results.... I may not like who i''m playing, but the crafty 1-0''s help!

Anyone else think this method could be comparable to the real-life situation that Gunny''s in?? esp in regards to Cureton/Fotheringham.  Do they use some of those fancy match statistical widgets at carrow road?

For the record Luke Daley is a goal-scoring machine for me and as much as it pained me to, Cureton went out on a free during Jan. :)  Also (Despised myself for doing it) i had to drop Hooligan.

my latest game with norwich was an even sorrier state of affairs than the real life situation. got to new year having won 1 game and 5 points off relegation! took me that long to get sacked

If only we could convince the Football League to let us turn the computer off without saving, and let us start the season again.

Add Man City, get all there money and buy the Reading players. Doyle, Hunts, pretty much all of them and see how well you do.  I got promoted first season.  Its not all bad being city manager!!!!  I even got Carlton Cole and Michael Chopra and Lee Mccullach on loan!!!

Anyone else noticed that Koroma is quality on FM09????

[quote user="claud"]If only we could convince the Football League to let us turn the computer off without saving, and let us start the season again.
[/quote]

Ha ha brilliant comment! If only!! : )

Get Ched Evans on a free from Man City while your there as well. Him and Doyle are the best two in the championship :)

[quote user="ohh uhh lee power"]

Add Man City, get all there money and buy the Reading players. Doyle, Hunts, pretty much all of them and see how well you do.  I got promoted first season.  Its not all bad being city manager!!!!  I even got Carlton Cole and Michael Chopra and Lee Mccullach on loan!!!

Anyone else noticed that Koroma is quality on FM09????

[/quote]

Is this not cheating? And therefore boring?

And if you are going to cheat there are far better players: for champ

Keeper: Shmeichel

Dl: Rat

DC Sidnei

DC: Forster

DR: Stadone

ML: Hucks (he so must be recalled)

CM: Zucculini

CM: Nengomashe

MR: Ljeijic

FW: ME!

FW: Ched

so in other words none of our current players and that is the point. FM recognises that they are simply not very good

I''m 2nd with us on my FM game but i''ve had some strange fortune go my way to be there, for example reading offered me £5 mil for Fozzy so i''ve been lucky with cash.

My team:

GK - Marshall

RB - Omozusi

CB - Huntington

CB - DeMerit

LB - Bertrand

RM - Croft

CM - Billy Jones

CM - Rusty

LM - Hoolahan

ST - Stern John

ST - Killen

Subs:

Drury

Smertin

Bell

James Keene

Stefanovic

Struggling for goals a bit though, top scorer is John with 8 but i just had a bid accepted for Porter of Motherwell

billy sharp is an awesome player in champ and prem and i will cost the mos of 5 mil to sign him if u do when u go on the in the earlier stages

I play FM09 a lot.I always play in the BSN / S and get someone promoted. I did fiddle with Kings Lynn at first as they were local but soon returned to my FM08 beloved Blyth Spartans. I used to play as Norwich back in the day but for me its not enough of a challenge to take a Champ team forward as there is not the same drive than sitting in the prem with "no hopers"I did use Norwich as a parent club when managing Kings Lynn and found a lot of love for Declan Rudd who was with us for 2 seasons tending goal. Got promoted from the BSN and then finished 4th in the BSP. :)I did actually go on record recently and said, the only upside of this Norwich plumet is the fact that in 2012 ish  I might be able to play as Norwich again on FM ;)

I usually slog my guts out with Lower leagus clus or scrap around with NCFC, but decided to start as Man City manager.  Pushing for the title, splashing the cash....buying players and winning - lovely things in football I had forgotten as a Norwich supporter.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I play FM09 a lot.I always play in the BSN / S and get someone promoted. I did fiddle with Kings Lynn at first as they were local but soon returned to my FM08 beloved Blyth Spartans. I used to play as Norwich back in the day but for me its not enough of a challenge to take a Champ team forward as there is not the same drive than sitting in the prem with "no hopers"I did use Norwich as a parent club when managing Kings Lynn and found a lot of love for Declan Rudd who was with us for 2 seasons tending goal. Got promoted from the BSN and then finished 4th in the BSP. :)I did actually go on record recently and said, the only upside of this Norwich plumet is the fact that in 2012 ish  I might be able to play as Norwich again on FM ;)[/quote]

I find FM too hard so i play fifa 09 with norwich with current starting XI and i play on proffesional and i finished 15th

I added Man City and Chelsea, got all there money and im top of the Championship, clear of Reading by 11 points haha! My team looks like this....

GK. David Marshall

RB. Stephen Kelly

CB. Elliot Ward

CB. John Kennedy

LB. Frank Quedrue

CM. Khalifa Cisse

CM. Abou Trika

LM. Stephen Hunt

RM. Wade Elliot

ST. Ched Evans

ST. Kevin Doyle

Subs... Stefanovic, Hoolahan, Croft, Matejovsky, Cureton

Sounds good eh!

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]I find FM too hard so i play fifa 09 with norwich with current starting XI and i play on proffesional and i finished 15th [/quote]Sounds like you find fifa too hard as well [;)]It doesn''t reflect any realism because you''re controlling everything. I won the league with pretty much the same squad in my first season on world class difficulty. Can''t do legendary very well. (:

I''m having my 3rd go with City in FM09 (having been sacked after 1 and 2 seasons in the previous goes.)

It''s Christmas in my first season I''ve just gone 24th after losing at home to Barnsley who were the only team below me, even I want me sacked....I''m really starting to hate that ineffectual Lupoli dot, shift your backside you lazy sponge.

Currently top in my second season, sold marshall for loads and funded the rebuild half way through the season.  But start straight away, the team you start with is awful, sell whoever you can!My team:GK: Heaton - freeRB: Omozuzi - freeLB: Peter Masiella - 325kCB: Glauber - freeCB: Dimoande - 100kLW: Ross Wallace - freeRW: Don Cowie - 180kCM: Celso Borges - 300k - rubbish first season, second is walking itCM: Appiah - freeCF: Eugene Selez... - 1.8mill - got on loan - the best player ever!  will get 35 in a season on his own!CF: Sturridge - freeI only have croft left now!Other highlights are michael morton CM - 60k, Ryan McGowan - 250k - amazing, truely amazing, Darren Ward - free, Dean Shiels - 250k, got 18goals in first season, better than JC!  Carlos Tordoya - 100k - good status - couldnt get in team, sold for 800k!Trust me I scouted everyone, for hrs - very sad, but my team is so young and is ridiculing the league at the moment.  Robert Lewandowski - is another amazing striker - 750k! 

Ironically i''m battling it out with the Scum for the 2nd Automatic promotion slot, they''re a point ahead of me although i won both derby matches, just signed Ched on loan for the rest of the season so hoping he can bang in a few goals and maybe push on to close the 8 point gap to Reading who''re top.

Nine times out of ten, if you ask the board for money at the start of the season, you''ll get about £3m to spend. Now THAT''s irony!

Classics are Ryan McGowan, Andrew Driver, Victor Moses, Sean Scanell, Tommy Spurr, Matt Murray, Marcus Williams, Gary Taylor-Fletcher. Omosuzi turns out to pretty amazing actually.

Why do people cheat on Managers games? takes all the fun out of it and its some what pointless!