Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A GAME MAKES!!!

cant beleive the turn around in moods compared to saturday...everyone is buzzing...the team had given us hope..thats all we need...MASSIVE game saturday..OTBC

loving all the positive posts..i for one thought we were already down...oh how i would love to eat my words [Y]

Too true. Football''s  funny game. One loss can make you so depressed and negative yet one win can put you on a high and positive til the next. If we win Saturday we may be able to turn this into a little run leading to safety!

Very true ctid, a win is one massive shot in the arm and the mood is lighter.  The challenge now is to keep it going.  I still fear the worst, unfortunately, but maybe that''s just me preparing myself.

[quote user="Georgie Bless"]Too true. Football''s  funny game. One loss can make you so depressed and negative yet one win can put you on a high and positive til the next. If we win Saturday we may be able to turn this into a little run leading to safety![/quote]i hope so GB [Y]

I think the key thing is that last night the players showed passion (at least it seemed so from the radio commentary) and we got stuck in and battled, which in turn spurred on the travelling support (to whom huge respect is due), and had those of us glued to our radios on the edge of our seats. That''s been lacking for a long while now. I have sat at Carra several times this season feeling strangely detached as we have slumped to yet another defeat, but last night I was like a cat on hot bricks and the online banter was superb.

We are all fans and the enthusiasm is always latent within us, but it needs a stimulus from those on the pitch to bring it out in some cases, although hopefully the momentum from last night will roll on into Saturday and beyond.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

I think the key thing is that last night the players showed passion (at least it seemed so from the radio commentary) and we got stuck in and battled, which in turn spurred on the travelling support (to whom huge respect is due), and had those of us glued to our radios on the edge of our seats. That''s been lacking for a long while now. I have sat at Carra several times this season feeling strangely detached as we have slumped to yet another defeat, but last night I was like a cat on hot bricks and the online banter was superb.

We are all fans and the enthusiasm is always latent within us, but it needs a stimulus from those on the pitch to bring it out in some cases, although hopefully the momentum from last night will roll on into Saturday and beyond.

[/quote]spot on [Y]

and everyone that was claiming that we were already down and out are now claiming we are staying up are just complete fools! makes me laugh!

[quote user="city4life"]and everyone that was claiming that we were already down and out are now claiming we are staying up are just complete fools! makes me laugh!
[/quote]

I don''t think many people are saying that, are they? Most of us are enjoying an unexpected win, but I think very few have changed their underlying view. I know that I haven''t and still expect us to make the drop. However, if fans chose to be optimistic I think they deserve better than to be sneered at by the more cynical of us.

[quote user="city4life"]and everyone that was claiming that we were already down and out are now claiming we are staying up are just complete fools! makes me laugh!
[/quote]i never said we were staying up..please read top post again...it has given us hope!!!

[/quote]

No-one knows if we will go down and know one knows if we will stay up. The beauty of football is things can change so quickly with a decent run (like Doncaster). There are massive problems at the club and has been for quite some time and i don''t think anyone would be naive enough to suggest that an away win at QPR is going to solve all the problems that have plagued us this season. I do think people are entitled to enjoy this win and no-one has said we are safe or down. Only time will tell.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="city4life"]and everyone that was claiming that we were already down and out are now claiming we are staying up are just complete fools! makes me laugh!
[/quote]i never said we were staying up..please read top post again...it has given us hope!!![/quote]but i will be praying we do     OTBC

One game shouldnt make a difference

we should be backing our team the whole way, i know its hard when your losing like we are

but you need to always be behind your team through thick and thin

Will make a huge difference to the players mind set not having to hear the phrase "We havn''t won in London since the 2-0 win at Millwall in 2003" going in what could be a defining game in South London last game of the season.Fingers,arms,legs & anything eles crossed that we''ll have done the job by this time.  

for sure - i was posting on the match thread all night and really enjoyed myself...[:D]but lets face it - the win last night was founded upon the management making key decisions regarding the playing personal,,,after the coventry debacle - it was clear to most, if not all - we were looking like prime relegation candidiates...and sure - we''ve still got one heck of a task - but if gunny has found his best side courtesy of reshuffling the pack post coventry - then great...bring on blackpool - and lets do it again...cos thats whats required...

I love the optimism, but we''re still in the bottom 3 and the table is still scary reading and we''re still in big trouble.It''s great that Bryan managed to grab us an unexpected win at Loftus Road, but we''ve had these false dawns before and I don''t think we should get too carried away - we need to just follow it up with another win on Saturday and take it from there, one game at a time.

There are still 4 MUST WIN games being Blackpool, Plymouth, Watford and Charlton but i think we would still need to win at least two more to have any chance of surviving.

Still you never know..we haven''t had a decent run all season..maybe now is the time to do it!

Though we are still in the bottom three, we have a fantastic chance of getting level on points with Blackpool at the very least. Whilst I''ve been keeping a keen eye on other results around us they are not as important right now as they will be compared to the last four games or so. For now we just have to concentrate on our own form and not worry too much about the likes of Forest.

Having said that, it''s a bit annoying that both Forest and Southampton have notched up wins recently. But as I stated in another thread I don''t expect them to keep it going for very long because of how poor they''ve been overall this season. Same goes for Plymouth and Watford.