Sign in to follow this  
yellow hammer

REVEALED - The true story of when a billionaire came calling

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mook"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Dripping with it Mook! I was having a pop at Mr C and Barclay Boy happily branding Delia a racist for saying she wouldn''t sell to a foreign investor, even if he happened to be the venal Mr Shinawatra.

[/quote]

It''s classic irony, isn''t it. And you just know these people would be the first to cry "PC gone mad" if they (or anyone else in favour) were to be branded racists for such innocuous comments, used out of context.

[/quote]

By the way Mook, this is classic idiot message board projection.  Beau and blahX3 are two posters who i`ve often crossed swords with about football but on the threads which tend to stray towards politics and wider issues i`ve tended to find their posts superb and very close to my own POV.

But if i stated that i "wouldn`t sell my house to a foreigner" 99% of society would regard me as racist IMO.  But i understand that the issue is more complicated than that and that Delia, once again, stated something which came across wrongly which is why i stated "borderline racist"- not "clearly racist", nor am i "happy to brand Delia a racist".  Perhaps Beau, whilst you are going around accusing people of lying, you could ask yourself why you have to lie about what other contributors have posted? [^o)]

[/quote]IMO some people need to understand the definition of ''racist''.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mook"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Dripping with it Mook! I was having a pop at Mr C and Barclay Boy happily branding Delia a racist for saying she wouldn''t sell to a foreign investor, even if he happened to be the venal Mr Shinawatra.

[/quote]

It''s classic irony, isn''t it. And you just know these people would be the first to cry "PC gone mad" if they (or anyone else in favour) were to be branded racists for such innocuous comments, used out of context.

[/quote]

By the way Mook, this is classic idiot message board projection.  Beau and blahX3 are two posters who i`ve often crossed swords with about football but on the threads which tend to stray towards politics and wider issues i`ve tended to find their posts superb and very close to my own POV.

But if i stated that i "wouldn`t sell my house to a foreigner" 99% of society would regard me as racist IMO.  But i understand that the issue is more complicated than that and that Delia, once again, stated something which came across wrongly which is why i stated "borderline racist"- not "clearly racist", nor am i "happy to brand Delia a racist".  Perhaps Beau, whilst you are going around accusing people of lying, you could ask yourself why you have to lie about what other contributors have posted? [^o)]

[/quote]

Mr Carrow, I always enjoy our little jousts, but I fully accept that I took your remark out of context in the heat of the moment, for which I apologise. Unfortunately I got a bit sidetracked by the Shinawatra issue, but that''s no real excuse.Hope that clears things up!

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

To be honest, Mr C, I wasn''t really aiming the comment at you, more the people who are clamouring for anyone - and by anyone, we''re talking some real shady characters who it''s highly likely do not have the club''s best interest at heart - to come in a take the entire football club over.

Yet we''re informed on a regular basis that our "loan" players won''t play their best because they don''t have the interest of the club at heart. That understanding Norwich City is a pre-requisite to being a good for the club.

How can both viewpoints be right?!

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

Come on then oh educated ones you tell me precisely what this man has actually done then to make him such a monster? Educate me please? I do not regard being charged with minor corruption charges by a military regime who ousted him in a coup as being akin to Pol Pot!

[/quote]

Dont worry, Mook the resident ''lefty'' and ''self loather'' has had a hard time from the local white ''chavs'' in Diss so has every right to hate all around. [;)]

[/quote]

Arthur, do you think that ignoring the advice of Doctors and those who care about you is self loathing?

[/quote]

Don''t you worry your pretty little face about my apparent self loathing pups, i''m more concerned about your self abuse stuck behind your PC round mummy''s all day [:$]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Fascinating YH, thanks for your efforts.  I`ve been trying to get across the point that a formal offer would be the FINAL part of negotiations rather than the opening gambit for months now.

Have you thought about going to the press with your story?  Upon relegation you`d have thought even Archant would have the balls to take on a story like that.

[/quote]

Apologies for not getting back to you earlier Mr. Carrow but I''ve been extremely busy.

I''ve sat on this story for a couple of years because I always had hoped that somehow the board might just pull their finger out and start doing something about our plight. If they had something and our position improved then there wouldn''t have been any need to reveal these facts - we all would have been happy campers.

But with relegation looming, my motivatioin for telling the story at this time was to stifle the board coming out with spin such as ''they''ve tried their hardest to find investors'' and ''we did everything we could''.

At this moment in time I accept their probably are no investors, any one with money will wait until the economic crisis is over and then pick over the bones of what is left behind - not just in football but also in the general economy.

Still it''s good to see a lot of posters coming up with concrete suggestions as to how to improve our club, and I will always keep an eye out for an opportunity to help NCFC, whether it involves a foreigner or not.

Ha Brilliant story YH, I haven''t laughed as hard since Ma caught here ti*s in the mangle!Keep up the good work. Loved you angle on why we are not as hated as Man U. That really would put off potential investors. Must do better.