Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Brilliant outsider's view on our plight....

http://www.clubfanzine.com/QPR/v2.showNews.php?id=18368QPR''s fanzine''s preview on tonight, they have a few things wrong with the condition of our players, i think they are unfairly harsh on Corty and Crofty....but apart from that it''s spot on. definitely worth a read if you have a minute.

That is spot on!

Indicative of what the rest of the footballing world thinks of us - those that know who we are...

Wish we had signed Gorkks from Blackpool rather than Hoolahoop.

[quote user="kick it off"]http://www.clubfanzine.com/QPR/v2.showNews.php?id=18368

QPR''s fanzine''s preview on tonight, they have a few things wrong with the condition of our players, i think they are unfairly harsh on Corty and Crofty....but apart from that it''s spot on. definitely worth a read if you have a minute.
[/quote]

"While tonight is make or break to QPR in the eyes of only a handful of people it is vitally important to Norwich and the Canaries will be desperately hoping that QPR do what they usually do in these circumstances and roll over charitably and die." - isn''t that what we normally do ?!

His opinion on the Doc is so far wide of the mark it''s untrue.

spot on aprt from..... Bryan Gunn has done everything in Norwich from keep goal and run the club’s lottery to being the town’s Sheriff (seriously what kind of town still has a Sheriff? Maybe the ‘Norfolk Way’ means not moving out of the seventeenth century?) we are not a bloody town!!!!

[quote user="GJP"]His opinion on the Doc is so far wide of the mark it''s untrue.[/quote]I myself think it is absolutely spot on 100%! I have judged every manager we have had over the past few within their 1st month.  If they had actually got rid of our root of all evils, the DOC I may believe in them! However, our manager appointments have been that bad, Croft (a winger that cant cross) and the Doc (a defender that cant defend) have become our star players. Well correct me if I am wrong but we are heading to League 1 and this could well be the reason. Have these players improved beyond all recognition? No one still cant defend and the other still cant cross! These 2 players have gone from being laughed at by the fans to hero''s! The reason is, the rest are even worse!!It is pathetic, this is the most true and damning report I have read about us, This sums all I have believed well and truly up!

And there was me thinking all QPR fans were like Pete Doherty - out of their heads all the time but in the right place to maintain a living despite being a smackhead!  This is so incisive its untrue.  Sure this guy isn''t related to one of the posters on here?

Very amusing read.  I liked the comment about Barnsley passing QPR off of the pitch on Saturday. I now expect Norwich to play a long-ball game tonight.... LOL !!  Seriously though, on the basis of that I hope that it is a good omen if we can get our passing game together. I hope that Gunn plays Carney who I thought was outstanding at Wolves.  

Having signed the petition yesterday, claiming that the board had made "laughable decisions" I recieved an E-Mail from Mr Doncaster asking me "what laughable decisions" last night!I have just sent this E-Mail with a link in reply to the site in reply, although I have taken out names for privacy reasons:Neil,Thanks for your reply, My opinion is that the club are

making terrible decisions with transfer strategies and managerial

appointments  for a long while. I have felt that the club is heading

towards League 1 since the Prem season. I am a soldier serving in

Cyprus and only make 6 games a season. I am a season ticket holder

along with my mother and nephew for 5 or so years and was for many

years as a child. The years I missed I was serving in Bosnia and Kosovo

etc... To be honest the publics perception of us has become a laughable

one. The days of challenging Bayern Munich are long forgotten. My Army

mates just shout "where are ya" when we discuss football. That is the

perception outsiders have of us and who can blame them. We are

ridiculing ourselves with this little old Norwich and the Norfolk way.

What is the Norfolk way?? I have never read a more damning article than

today, it is filled with truth and comes from the QPR fanzine prior to

tonights game. I have pasted the article for your perusal at the bottom

of the thread (Please have a read, it is a true and damning verdict on

our past 5 years and sums up my thoughts exactly)I also wrote

to you a couple of years ago telling you of a player called *********, he  had captained England at School level and is currently

unattached to a club. He is due to graduate from his college in America

in May in sports. He is still keen for a career in football and he has

done well and progressed in america. I know him through his mother. I

know that we have not even cast an eye on him since my E-Mail, why? Instead we are loaning 20 players each year???!!! We

have recently heard we have just paid out £490,000 in agents fees. Why not have

a look at this guy that would be free? He is a commanding and powerful

box to box midfielder. I know a bit about football as a FA level 2

coach and manage my own Garrison side. This lad has more power, skill

and space awareness than any of our current midfield. Despite our money

situation  we are not bothering to watch players like him, Why? He

trained while home in the UK recently with Carlisle Utd, they have

asked him to come back for their pre-season as they are interested in

him as he impressed during his time with them. The lad graduates in May

and it would cost nothing to have a look, he may even play against us

next season for Carlisle???!!! I would be happy to liaise and try and

get him in Pre season for a trial period. I am sure I could convince

his mother??My next point, What coaching badges does our

current manager have? My Level 2 coaching course was attended by Brian

Deane a nice guy and a Leeds legend! He is currently working with

leicester citys forwards. I can assure you that he is knowhere near

ready for football management (Trust me) Now the instructor of my

course however Mr ******* was on a different level in both

education, tactics, health, physiotherapy and general football talk to

Mr Deane. Yet we have employed a manager of no experience to sell seaon

tickets (In my opinion) I do not see Leeds turning to Brian Deane!!Anyway

enough from me, I have given up my season ticket for next year and will

pick and choose my games, my best mate already had enough at the end of

the last season!Finally please have a look at the link below on

our opposition tonights fanzine website. It is what their fans

generally think about us as a club. This despite us always hearing

about the respect others have for us! I am inclined to agree with them

100% and disagree with your own and the boards perception at present.here is the link:

http://www.clubfanzine.com/QPR/v2.showNews.php?id=18368 It is the part titled 5 minutes about Norwich and Men to watch which I agree with!

Brilliant post Snakepit. Great idea to send to our ostrich of a CE!

I also agreed totally with your opinions on the Doc. All those who think he is marvellous will realise when he at last leaves the club, just what a poor defender he is.

If you watch him closely he causes major panics in the penalty area and we have witnessed the gradual loss in form of Marshall. He doesn''t command his area or organise the defence. I could go on but I wont.

Nuf respect to that QPR geezer. He''s obviously carried out a lot of research of our club and has got it absolutely correct.

Thanks for posting that

Very good.

This bit made me chuckle

Gunn has Scotsman Alan Gow on loan from Rangers at his disposal as well – Gow impressed during the first half of this season on loan at Blackpool but failed a medical when Wolves had an offer accepted for him in January. He then joined Norwich on loan where presumably you don’t need a medical

I''m not sure I''d call Crofty a "fat git" though - seems a bit harsh

Sad to see an outsider hitting so many nails squarely on the head. Very harsh on Crofty, and the comments on Cort are, I suspect, a cheap shot given his scoring record against them, but not much else to argue about, other than the fact that I don''t think Doc is a bad defender in the context of our squad, but I guess that''s the writer''s point!

Excellent Snakepit boys, and well done for sending the QPR piece to Doncaster, I was really tempted to print it out and present it to him on Thursday night at the NCISA forum. Perhaps Mr Munby needs to see a copy....

Can''t really fault much of what you say. Most of us have said it time and time again. Thing is, the board''s perception of NCFC and ours are light years apart.

nice one snakepit, i bet when he emailed you he didn''t expect such a detailed argument. as for that piece from the qpr fanzine, it puts a lot of hacks to shame that such an intelligent analysis could come from an ''amateur'' writing a fanzine in his spare time.   

[quote user="Snakepit boys"][quote user="GJP"]His opinion on the Doc is so far wide of the mark it''s untrue.[/quote]

I myself think it is absolutely spot on 100%! 

the Doc (a defender that cant defend)
[/quote]

You''re as far wide of the mark as the writer of the article.

Oh well, as they say, football is all about opinions. Just that some people (like me) know a bit better what they''re talking about.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Snakepit boys"][quote user="GJP"]His opinion on the Doc is so far wide of the mark it''s untrue.[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh well, as they say, football is all about opinions. Just that some people (like me) know a bit better what they''re talking about.

[/quote]

Our league position may indicate otherwise.

That article was tough to read, it really makes it clear just what a mess we are in.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Snakepit boys"][quote user="GJP"]His opinion on the Doc is so far wide of the mark it''s untrue.[/quote]I myself think it is absolutely spot on 100%! 

the Doc (a defender that cant defend) [/quote]

[/quote]Take those yellow and green tinted glasses off.I have seen milk turn quicker than the doc.Spot on posts snakepit (for once ya eejut)  :)

I would suggest that our goals conceded over the past few seasons suggests that the defence are in fact all awful. I would also suggest that it is why we cannot win away (We cannott absorb pressure without conceding and nick results) This was so in the prem season as we failed to win away all year. So yes I will stick by the fact that the Doc cannott defend however add the word properly! Now Dublin a striker turned defender in his later years was totally different gravy. His football brain over the rest of our players on the park stood out a mile even in the twilight of his career. We have had no clever players with a football brain for a long while. Croft is a headless chicken with no end product or potential to have one. Football brains are born not coached it is called awareness and vision in footballing terms.I happen to disagree with you totally.

[quote user="Sing up the river end "][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Take those yellow and green tinted glasses off.I have seen milk turn quicker than the doc.

Spot on posts snakepit (for once ya eejut)  :)
[/quote]

Nothing to do with tinted specs. Tinted specs is when you see someone say "Jamie Cureton ran his socks off all game"

That''s when people see what they want to see and not what''s actually happening.

Gary Doherty is a good defender. That''s just really quite obvious to anyone who knows a bit about football.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]I would suggest that our goals conceded over the past few seasons suggests that the defence are in fact all awful. I would also suggest that it is why we cannot win away (We cannott absorb pressure without conceding and nick results) This was so in the prem season as we failed to win away all year. So yes I will stick by the fact that the Doc cannott defend however add the word properly!

Now Dublin a striker turned defender in his later years was totally different gravy. His football brain over the rest of our players on the park stood out a mile even in the twilight of his career. We have had no clever players with a football brain for a long while. Croft is a headless chicken with no end product or potential to have one. Football brains are born not coached it is called awareness and vision in footballing terms.

I happen to disagree with you totally.
[/quote]

As some the couple of old chaps sittin near me at Saturday said "the Doc don''t miss a lot, do he?"

They know it. I know it. How come you don''t?

He''s a good defender.

And in this league Lee Croft is a pretty good winger, his crossing is decent, his work rate is superb and he''s scored a few goals this season.

Or do you think we''re going to sign Cristiano Ronaldo? Get a grip.

Cheers Sing up the River end for once ya eejut! I see you have changed your avatar from the Prawn sandwich with the no entry sign? [;)]Are you on messenger later for the game commentary?