Sign in to follow this  
|BA

17,000 season tickets renewed

[quote user="IBA"]Pretty good considering the number of people moaning[/quote]Incredible considering the league position and home stats for the last 2 seasons.

[quote user="IBA"]Pretty good considering the number of people moaning
[/quote]

Well that''s certainly sent a stiff message to the board!!

I for one praise those that have renewed, it shows that we''re not fickle fans, unlike those lot down the road, and makes me kinda proud. we could all refuse to go, make ourselves look bad, bankrupt the club, and have a team who care even less than now coz we don''t appear to.Yes the board is incompetent but we can''t change it unless someone wins euro millions and lotto this week.

What a load of naive views! Hasnt anyone considered the fact that such a cash injection might aid our survival this year, maybe in the shape of some extra funds, maybe to get someone like Ched Evans for the rest of the season.

The current board may be crap, but if 17,000 people didnt buy up season tickets, we could be looking at something a lot worse.... ADMINSTRATION........ or maybe just no funds for the next campaign.

i renewed my 2 season tickets because

a) i support the club -through good and bad times

b) i want to watch football

c) what other pro sports are there to watch in norfolk

d) im a loony

[quote user="fearofambition"]

[quote user="IBA"]Pretty good considering the number of people moaning[/quote]

Yep, 17,000 mugs happy with the current board. Delia and doncaster must be absolutely delighted. What a joke.

[/quote]Well there certainly is a mug in this case, but I''m telling you now that it''s not any of the 17,000 people your referring to.The fans love the club, and are forever loyal to it, whatever happens. Of course their not happy with the board, don''t be ridiculous. The board have foreseen the demise of our beloved club, and don''t be so daft as to think the fans forgotten. But the fans will always do whatever they can to make this club what it should be, and they''ll never go down with a fight, and let it be known that they love their club, and will continue supporting it to the bitter end.This is not a showing of support for the board, rather than a showing of support for the club. And if you think otherwise, bugger off, cos this is how it works at Norwich City. Forever backed and forever loved.

[quote user="fearofambition"]

Yep, 17,000 mugs happy with the current board. Delia and doncaster must be absolutely delighted. What a joke.

[/quote]You my friend are clueless!...let me guess..somewhere in your teens,early twenties..been supporting since the early nineties...your assumption that we are happy purely because we have renewed...you just dont get it do you?..Norwich v Blackburn 23/4/1969...ITS IN MY BLOOD!!!

[quote user="twinkle toes silvester"][quote user="fearofambition"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
You my friend are clueless!...let me guess..somewhere in your teens,early twenties..been supporting since the early nineties...
your assumption that we are happy purely because we have renewed...you just dont get it do you?..
Norwich v Blackburn 23/4/1969...
ITS IN MY BLOOD!!!
[/quote]

Dont paint everyone with the same brush twinkle, i''m in my early 20''s and i''m nowhere near as naive as IBA. Norwich is in my blood too, three generations of my family have support the canaries, my grandad was going to matchs in the 30''s and 40''s.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]the loyalty of some fans is truely insane - this club do not know how luckly they are, end of story we are easily in the top 12 best supported clubs in the country. the incompetence of this club deserves the problem of 8-9k season ticket holders[/quote]We can complain about many things but the supporters of Norwich are beyond reproach.My wifes hometown in Tunisia 350,000 people football costs sub 4 quid a ticket and they are in the top devision.8000 people a matchThe sad thing is that the fundementals of football are so out of sync that even with this the teams wage are not covered.

[quote user="Tom NCFC"][quote user="twinkle toes silvester"][quote user="fearofambition"]

[/quote]You my friend are clueless!...let me guess..somewhere in your teens,early twenties..been supporting since the early nineties...your assumption that we are happy purely because we have renewed...you just dont get it do you?..Norwich v Blackburn 23/4/1969...ITS IN MY BLOOD!!![/quote]

Dont paint everyone with the same brush twinkle, i''m in my early 20''s and i''m nowhere near as naive as IBA. Norwich is in my blood too, three generations of my family have support the canaries, my grandad was going to matchs in the 30''s and 40''s.

[/quote]I agree with Tom.I see where your coming from Twinkle, but imo i don''t think your right. Although some of my family come from Norwich, I''m a first generation Norwich City fan, and although live hundreds of miles away i will always support the club through thick and thin. And I''m only 17, and have only been supporting the club for the past 7 years, but i don''t think of myself as being anywhere near as naive as fearofambition.

Every one of them deserves a pat on the back including my humble self but it doesnt mean support for the board i still want them out however they may feel a bit moe comfortable at this moment in time 

Truly remarkable! Surely the supporters deserve better. If only some players showed the loyalty of the fans instead of jumping ship for the next big pay cheque.

What happened to all the "Thats it for me I''m not renewing" brigade?

Same old story all talk!

Seriously the way the club structures the ST prices to keep on leaving your decision ends up costing a lot more money!

I think it''s brillers personally, once again we show our loyalty.  Made me smile when I saw the number.  [:)]

[quote user="John"][quote user="fearofambition"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well there certainly is a mug in this case, but I''m telling you now that it''s not any of the 17,000 people your referring to.

The fans love the club, and are forever loyal to it, whatever happens. Of course their not happy with the board, don''t be ridiculous. The board have foreseen the demise of our beloved club, and don''t be so daft as to think the fans forgotten. But the fans will always do whatever they can to make this club what it should be, and they''ll never go down with a fight, and let it be known that they love their club, and will continue supporting it to the bitter end.

This is not a showing of support for the board, rather than a showing of support for the club. And if you think otherwise, bugger off, cos this is how it works at Norwich City. Forever backed and forever loved.
[/quote]

Well said John, couldn''t have put it better myself. I wonder if fearofambition is one of these mugs and I wonder if he/she will be at the forum tomorrow night to air his/her views?

Whaddya think? [:^)]

I think it highlights the difference in general opinion to that aired on this forum. The people who bother to post are generally very opinionated at either end of the scale, and at the moment with the club as it is we therefore have an air of doom and gloom at all times, so the posts are all "Delia this" and "Boycott that".

The vast majority of fans obviously don''t post on here, and judging from the cross-section I speak to on matchdays, most are concerned about events, but are a long way from boycotting or protesting.

Unfortunately, as Archant tends to base its reporting of public opinion from what they can scrape from the 100 or so regular contributors on here, a false impression is sometimes created.

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

I think it highlights the difference in general opinion to that aired on this forum. The people who bother to post are generally very opinionated at either end of the scale, and at the moment with the club as it is we therefore have an air of doom and gloom at all times, so the posts are all "Delia this" and "Boycott that".

The vast majority of fans obviously don''t post on here, and judging from the cross-section I speak to on matchdays, most are concerned about events, but are a long way from boycotting or protesting.

Unfortunately, as Archant tends to base its reporting of public opinion from what they can scrape from the 100 or so regular contributors on here, a false impression is sometimes created.

[/quote]

Nail on head my friend - great post.

How dare people who do not have season tickets or bother going to any games in a season, have a go at the loyal 24K plus that do. 

If it was not for the people that attended we would not have a club! 

Supports support, not moan from a far.

...and no I am not pro Delia, but I am pro club.

I think it''s great personally. We should be proud to have the fan-base we''ve got; probably the only thing we''ve actually got going for us at the moment. People support Norwich because it''s their only club and they''re proud to be from the area. If they were only in it for the glory, they''d support ManYoo or Chelski.

You should support the club through the bad times, not just play-off finals and when we''re top of the First Division.

I totally agree Canary02 111. All our lot in the Upper Barclay have all renewed. Nothing to do with this hapless board but just enjoy a damn good afternoon of laughter before the game. This then continues during the game with the marvellous contrast of misery poured into the mix!

As we have all said ''What else are we going to do on a Saturday afternoon''? Sad isn''t it.

Oh, I haven''t renewed my ticket yet. Just my own little protest against the board I have no respect for. Pathetic I know but made me feel better. I shall, of course be renewing!

I don''t think anyone can judge people by whether they renew or not ans the decision rests soley with them.

However, as long as renewals continue at the rate they have, there will be NO change in the way the board run the club and we will continue to seem the team run down whilst money is wasted elsewhere, as there is no incentive for the board to change their policy. As long as they can continue financially they really could not care less whether the team wins games or not.

Some of the comments from Doomcaster and Munby are priceless...

“It gives us real security in a time of great economic uncertainty and is a really welcome boost for the club."  Gives who security????

chairman Roger Munby appealed to supporters to “work with us through this difficult period of transforming the quality of our playing squad”....transforming it from bad to worse??? Every time we sign a decent player they soon realise they are better off elsewhere, we have few players who are own and those who are will either be off at the end of the season.

How many f***** times do we have to ''work with them'' whilst they transform the quality of the playing squad???

Muppets!

Seems a very high figure judging by the straw polls of my group of mates. I know of at least 5 hardened reguslars who have not renewed so may be a bit of spin here but even so still seems there have been impressive numbers of renewals.

I''v enot done mine yet as I am making a stand and trying to get a message across to the Club. I had hoped many others would do the same but apparently not!I also assumed that if the worst came to the worst it would be easy to get tickets on the gate next season. I may have to reconsider that assumption!

Simple fact is I support Norwich.  If I dont go to matches and watch Norwich then I dont see the point of being a Norwich supporter.

As I live in London, I might as well go and watch Chelsea, who have loads of money, benefactor, good manager, champions league, success etc, but unfortunately I just cant do it!!  I have tried watching other teams, but it just doesnt feel right.

Nor does sitting at home watching in on sky sports news, or just reading about the team on message boards.

As last year and the year before that, and the year before that, I have renewed because I want to watch football and want to support my team. Nothing to do with the board and their hapless running (into the ground) of our wonderful club.

It would be interesting however to dissect those figures to see how many are concessions/child etc. As Mr Doncaster had just said on R Norfolk we are indeed the envy of most Championship clubs, but are we all on an even line when it comes to concessions and interest free direct debits. I think without the Direct Debit scheme the numbers would be much lower. I used to save all year to buy my ticket before this scheme came into being and it has to be one of the success stories of recent years, introduced by the much missed Andy Cullen.

Of course it''s a massive boost to the club, which is the most important thing, no doubt we can live with any crowing from the PR dept on this one guys, they are on borrowed time.

I do know a few people who won''t renew if there are no changes at board level and I know a few who would renew whatever. We are certainly a broad mix of opinions at this football club and to those who think anti-board sentiment is restricted to the internet, think again, it''s not.

[quote user="Smeg"]

c) what other pro sports are there to watch in norfolk

[/quote]Think that sums up Norwich. Since moving to the east mids I now have cricket, rugby, football, ice hockey....although non of them are Norwich :(