Sign in to follow this  
Superflash

Hats off to the away supporters

Sorry for starting a new thread covering something which has already been said tonight, but I feel extra credit must go to our fans who braved the wind and rain to go down to Loftus Road and completely outsing the QPR supporters for virtually the whole game. In the second half despite QPR often getting the better of the possesion, our fans still wouldn''t give up hope and no matter how cliched it sounds to say they were the twelve man tonight is an understatemant. Just to point out this is not to say our fans have been quiet all season or anything like that, far from it. I just thought they deserved all the praise they get tonight. Well done folks, and I wish you a safe journey home.

[quote user="ForeverYellow"]and hats off to the nutter who ran on the pitch to celebrate with the team, brilliant win, brilliant support, role on saturday[/quote]Lol the nutter jumped over me on to the pitch. He ranted at Russell about his gloves first half. Hahaha

I was there tonight and the fans were fantastic. The side were average at best but the fans got man of the match hands down. We sang all night and were a credit top the club.

[quote user="ncfc2009"]How many supporters did we have there tonight?[/quote]Lower tier was pretty full. Only a few handfuls of empty seats, mostly near the front.

Really made a difference being allowed to stand all game, we sung our heads off tonight...my throat is sore from the chanting...even after a few amber nectars...gonna sleep on this and see whether I''ve got the stamina for Blackpool away this Saturday...Great night for the Yellow Army.

I''m surprised though that the team didn''t come over after the game like they did when we beat Forest away...perhaps it was something to do with the filthy weather

A bit like ''sitting'' in my usual seat at C Road, didn''t sit all game. Certainly made a difference - does anyone know how many there were in the upper tier?

[quote user="hiadamhoneywood"]fair play. standing, as it should be.[/quote]Dont agree with much on this message board but yep, standing for me

Loved the atmosphere tonight, apart from one moron, Upper Tier, Block Y4, row 2, seat 168, level with the left hand post. He was just there to moan basically, slagged off Marshall and Cort all game, didnt celebrate when we scored, infact seemed completely miffed, and didnt clap the team off at the end. He even shouted towards the linesman that the ball was over the line when he flapped at that cross, terrible keeping yes, a goal...no. He was just waiting to jump on his back. I hate fans like that, at least they gave everything tonight, and what a great result.

[quote user="Delias Tasty Nibblets"]Loved the atmosphere tonight, apart from one moron, Upper Tier, Block Y4, row 2, seat 168, level with the left hand post. He was just there to moan basically, slagged off Marshall and Cort all game, didnt celebrate when we scored, infact seemed completely miffed, and didnt clap the team off at the end. He even shouted towards the linesman that the ball was over the line when he flapped at that cross, terrible keeping yes, a goal...no. He was just waiting to jump on his back. I hate fans like that, at least they gave everything tonight, and what a great result.[/quote]

Did Smudger go to a game?!!!

We were in the lower tier, luckily far enough back not to get wet. Good to be able to stand for 90 minutes, although my daughter complained that her legs hurt at the end of the game. It got quite crowded in our row as everyone had moved back to keep out of the rain.

I’ve no idea if the ball was over the line when Marshall clawed the ball back just before half time. All we could see was a huge stud scrape in the turf around 18 inches behind the line which meant it was very close to being a goal.

Got a text from a QPR supporting pal this morning who was at the game, but left his phone at home. He said that the Croft penalty/non-penalty was definitely NOT a penalty. He referees at a decent standard on Sunday mornings, so I’ll believe him on that one, but I’ve not seen the incident myself on TV.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

We were in the lower tier, luckily far enough back not to get wet. Good to be able to stand for 90 minutes, although my daughter complained that her legs hurt at the end of the game. It got quite crowded in our row as everyone had moved back to keep out of the rain.

I’ve no idea if the ball was over the line when Marshall clawed the ball back just before half time. All we could see was a huge stud scrape in the turf around 18 inches behind the line which meant it was very close to being a goal.

Got a text from a QPR supporting pal this morning who was at the game, but left his phone at home. He said that the Croft penalty/non-penalty was definitely NOT a penalty. He referees at a decent standard on Sunday mornings, so I’ll believe him on that one, but I’ve not seen the incident myself on TV.

[/quote]

Was in the lower tier myself, right behind the goal, covinced Marshall had saved on the line, then reconsidered when I saw the scrape in the turf!!!

Also, my Uncle and cousin are QPR season ticket holders in the upper tier of the "home end" at Loftus Road, got a text within seconds of the Croft incident, it simply said "Penalty!".

All in all, it was a battling performance where we finally saw some bottle and fight from the team. Still going to be difficult, but with that kind of spirit, at least they might give themselves a chance.

[/quote]when you do see it on tv ask him where he got his blue and white specs from, that was a stone wall pen if ever i''ve seen one,

We were in the upper tier, was failry dry up there!

Yep the fans were tremendous all night. the QPR lot were very quiet save for a small group at the back of the main stand, and some tool with a sombrero and a horn.

Didn''t have so far to go as most as we are staying in London this week but overall brilliant support. Hope the team can dig in like that for the remaining ten games!

Atmosphere was great last night which surprised me a bit judging by the quality of the game, it was certainly no classic but the most important thing was the 3 points. Was fantastic to be able to stand during the game - Saturdays game at Blackpool is now massive.

Well done all you guys. You came over loud and clear on the radio (were there actually any QPR fans there?!). You''re all a credit to the club and it was good to see (hear!) the players share your passion for a change!

[/quote]

Seen it myself twice now and I think it''s a penalty, even referee''s get it wrong ya know [;)]

Must say I am not a fan of standing but it certainly added to the atmosphere last night - because of the weather and the uncovered seats everyone stood in the covered area irrespective of whether they had a seat there and did their part in cheering the boys to victory. A classic to be remembered.

I take my hat off to all of you who attended last night ... yet again you did us proud and I swear at times, on the radio, it sounded as if you were drowning out the musings of messrs Goreham and Adams! And like Beauseant said ... for once the players shared your passion!

Great stuff guys ...... OTBC

Despite being frozen half to death and getting fairly wet it was well worth the money and time to go last night, it was brilliant, nerve-shredding yes but great fun too and the atmosphere and being able to stand for the entire match contributed largely to that; as did showing tremendous character and spirit to grind out a fantastic win. we rode our luck in a big way for most of the game but they say you make your own luck and I feel we certainly did that.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Despite being frozen half to death and getting fairly wet it was well worth the money and time to go last night, it was brilliant, nerve-shredding yes but great fun too and the atmosphere and being able to stand for the entire match contributed largely to that; as did showing tremendous character and spirit to grind out a fantastic win. we rode our luck in a big way for most of the game but they say you make your own luck and I feel we certainly did that.
[/quote]

Spot on. The reaction when the ball hit the back of the net reminded me of the 3-2 at Luton when Lappin scored that late free kick. I just hope that the passion from last night is carried over for the rest of the season and can help drag us out of the mire!!!!

I was there in the lower section - yes it was great to stand and we all sang our hearts out - great atmosphere. From my view Marshall didnt carry the ball over the line - although it looked like he was heading that way! I wonder how many were in the the upper section? my guess is there were around a thousand of us in total - the underground was full of the yellow and green before and after the game. A really great night in awful weather. Now we can go on and beat Blackpool....

[quote user="Bagpuss"]

We were in the upper tier, was failry dry up there!

Yep the fans were tremendous all night. the QPR lot were very quiet save for a small group at the back of the main stand, and some tool with a sombrero and a horn.

Didn''t have so far to go as most as we are staying in London this week but overall brilliant support. Hope the team can dig in like that for the remaining ten games!

[/quote]

Hey the guy in Sombrero is a good sport, I was at the QPR game last season and a few of the Norwich fans were giving him abit of stic by chanting "who''s the ****** in the hat"... he took it well though.

As for the small group who were chanting at the back of the main stand, if it was anything like last season then it was a group of 3 teenagers singing anti Norwich songs all game long, I hope the Norwich fans gave them some back just like we did last season. [:)]

I was also lower tier and considering the importance of the result prior to the game, I found supporters to be very relaxed and in good humour. Standing undoubtably helped to keep an interest in what was happening on the pitch and despite the odd kinda claustphobic low roof it was a god send with the weather being so bad, personally I was dry and warm. The view from the lower tier didn''t give great perspective of the play at the far end. A personal dislike of mine as I constantly have my heart in my mouth with every cross that comes over and I can do without the feelin of ''dread''.But it was all the more sweeter that the goal was scored in front of us, that moment was easily worth the entrance fee alone. The singing after the game and on the way out gave me goosebumps and reminded me of all the positives of going to away matches.

[quote user="ncfc2009"]How many supporters did we have there tonight?[/quote]

Apparently it was 1000. Which, on a wet and windy Tuesday night, supporting a team one place from bottom, is staggering. Well done to The Thousand, I take my hat off to you.