Sign in to follow this  
The Chirp

THE CHIRP - Curtain set to fall on Cureton's City Career?

Hi,     I have posted my latest blog on The Chirp. Please take a look and leave your comments at the bottom of the article. http://www.pinkun.com/content/columns/thechirp.aspxMany thanks, James.

[quote user="The Chirp"]Hi,
    I have posted my latest blog on The Chirp.

Please take a look and leave your comments at the bottom of the article.

http://www.pinkun.com/content/columns/thechirp.aspx

Many thanks,

James.
[/quote]

Why is this tripe pinned?........isn''t there enough anti Curo crap on this website already..........gee, no wonder his confidence is shot!

Sorry Wiz it''s only an opinion! So you think the miss against wolves was acceptable? how about the two on saturday? I am not attacking him as a person, i am just saying he is past it and it can''t go on. Even the most bias of people like yourself towards curo should be able to make sense of the following;final score 1 - 2. Curo misses an open goal (again) = he cost us one point. not saying the result was all his fault but he''s playing in a position that should provide goals. 22 apps and 2 goals is an awful ratio. 10 or 11 of those aps are starts... even 2 in 10 is a poorish ratio. the defence was poor again on saturday, it has been for say 4 seasons? but other strikers have done their job and kept us up. earnie 25 goals in 50 odd apps evans 10/28 and even lita 7/16 apps. thanks for the feedback though... i will try harder next time to write something that isn''t ''tripe''!!! 

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Many thanks,

James.
[/quote]

Why is this tripe pinned?........isn''t there enough anti Curo crap on this website already..........gee, no wonder his confidence is shot!

[/quote]bloody hell wiz..you still cant be defending him...he has had enough chances and missed them!!!    i like the fella but he has to be dropped m8..simples

wiz believe me when i say i am one of the last people on here to get on someone''s back. however whatever the reason is be it ability, motivation, composure, confidence, the fans or even that he is just really... REALLY unlucky. The truth is he has scored 2 in 22 games. That isn''t good enough. If he plays tonight either as a sub or starts... i will be over the moon if he scores. I would love it. If he goes on to knock in 5 goals on the bounce so much the better. However if i were a betting man i wouldn''t bet on it. he''s had so many chances... even last season, it''s time for him to be a sub (inpact sub?!) at best.

[quote user="The Chirp"]Sorry Wiz it''s only an opinion!

So you think the miss against wolves was acceptable? how about the two on saturday?

I am not attacking him as a person, i am just saying he is past it and it can''t go on.

Even the most bias of people like yourself towards curo should be able to make sense of the following;

final score 1 - 2. Curo misses an open goal (again) = he cost us one point.

not saying the result was all his fault but he''s playing in a position that should provide goals.

22 apps and 2 goals is an awful ratio. 10 or 11 of those aps are starts... even 2 in 10 is a poorish ratio.

the defence was poor again on saturday, it has been for say 4 seasons? but other strikers have done their job and kept us up. earnie 25 goals in 50 odd apps evans 10/28 and even lita 7/16 apps.

thanks for the feedback though... i will try harder next time to write something that isn''t ''tripe''!!!

[/quote]

Okay Chirps, tripe was astrong word and unfair on you, so I apologise to you for that remark, but the huge ammount of anti Curo threads just lately make the nazi''s seem like a nice bunch of blokes!

no problem wiz, and i understand your view. there is a lot of dislike towards curo and it isn''t hard to imagine that the lack of faith from the crowd in curo''s ability has most likely added to the problem and his form. cureton was once a very good striker. one i was pleased to see arrive back at norwich. however he is not on form so needs to be put aside so someone else can come in and get the goals we so dearly need. if he stays for next season (in whatever league we are in!), i hope he finds his feet again.

[quote user="The Chirp"]Sorry Wiz it''s only an opinion! So you think the miss against wolves was acceptable? how about the two on saturday? I am not attacking him as a person, i am just saying he is past it and it can''t go on. Even the most bias of people like yourself towards curo should be able to make sense of the following;final score 1 - 2. Curo misses an open goal (again) = he cost us one point. not saying the result was all his fault but he''s playing in a position that should provide goals. 22 apps and 2 goals is an awful ratio. 10 or 11 of those aps are starts... even 2 in 10 is a poorish ratio. the defence was poor again on saturday, it has been for say 4 seasons? but other strikers have done their job and kept us up. earnie 25 goals in 50 odd apps evans 10/28 and even lita 7/16 apps. thanks for the feedback though... i will try harder next time to write something that isn''t ''tripe''!!! 

[/quote]

Okay Chirps, tripe was astrong word and unfair on you, so I apologise to you for that remark, but the huge ammount of anti Curo threads just lately make the nazi''s seem like a nice bunch of blokes!

[/quote]I know Cureton has come under some harsh criticism of late, but i think we may just be losing a bit of perspective here?[:|]

[;)]

Blimey Wiz, I suppose that never ever in your long and illustrious career as a poster (or should that be poseur) on this forum have you started or contributed to a anti thread about a Norwich player, manager or board member? Talk about pot, kettle and black.

For the last two years this bloke has missed numerous chances that any half decent striker would have put away. Please can we get rid of him asap!

I think it needs an axe!! I just wish he''d have signed for Hull a couple of seasons ago! I''d rather had Deano even if it was 10 years too late.

Not fussed if he takes some heat, all this confidence stuff is a load of rubbish. Most people work very hard to their salary and in return should deliver the goods. It''s like having a postman that can''t find the correct house or a builder who can''t lay brinks. His job is to score goals and considering the ample opportuities he''s had within the last 18 months would clearly see that he''s no good.

There is no way I can suffer to see him next year!

Many thanks,

James.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Perhaps the anti-Curo crap as you put it reflects the average fan''s disgust at his regular ability to miss absolute sitters. In fact so consistent is he at this art form, I wonder sometimes if he does it deliberately.

[quote user="The Chirp"]Sorry Wiz it''s only an opinion! So you think the miss against wolves was acceptable? how about the two on saturday? I am not attacking him as a person, i am just saying he is past it and it can''t go on. Even the most bias of people like yourself towards curo should be able to make sense of the following;final score 1 - 2. Curo misses an open goal (again) = he cost us one point. not saying the result was all his fault but he''s playing in a position that should provide goals. 22 apps and 2 goals is an awful ratio. 10 or 11 of those aps are starts... even 2 in 10 is a poorish ratio. the defence was poor again on saturday, it has been for say 4 seasons? but other strikers have done their job and kept us up. earnie 25 goals in 50 odd apps evans 10/28 and even lita 7/16 apps. thanks for the feedback though... i will try harder next time to write something that isn''t ''tripe''!!! 

[/quote]

[/quote]Yes, I can see how criticising a striker for not scoring goals would make those responsible for such criticism worse than the German war machine which, amongst other atrocities, killed six million Jews in concentration camps and gas chambers.  I''m glad that people are able to keep a sense of perspective about these things.

[quote user="MonkeyTrousers"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]Sorry Wiz it''s only an opinion!

So you think the miss against wolves was acceptable? how about the two on saturday?

I am not attacking him as a person, i am just saying he is past it and it can''t go on.

Even the most bias of people like yourself towards curo should be able to make sense of the following;

final score 1 - 2. Curo misses an open goal (again) = he cost us one point.

not saying the result was all his fault but he''s playing in a position that should provide goals.

22 apps and 2 goals is an awful ratio. 10 or 11 of those aps are starts... even 2 in 10 is a poorish ratio.

the defence was poor again on saturday, it has been for say 4 seasons? but other strikers have done their job and kept us up. earnie 25 goals in 50 odd apps evans 10/28 and even lita 7/16 apps.

thanks for the feedback though... i will try harder next time to write something that isn''t ''tripe''!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, I can see how criticising a striker for not scoring goals would make those responsible for such criticism worse than the German war machine which, amongst other atrocities, killed six million Jews in concentration camps and gas chambers.  I''m glad that people are able to keep a sense of perspective about these things.

[/quote]

Tremendous

[quote user=" Baldrick"]Cureton couldn''t score in a brothel.[/quote]

He doesn''t need too, have you seen Jamies missus?

[img]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k211/small_carly/The%20WAGs/lm0001.jpg[/img]

[quote user="missing in action"]ok wiz, simple question
justify 2 goals in 22 games,
[/quote]

Sorry, but are you sure its 22 full games MIA?

[quote user="First Wizard"]Totally agree MIA, but does that justify the level of abuse he gets on here?. I don''t think it does mate.[/quote]its just we are in the shite and him missing sitters doesnt help..so he has to come in for some flack wiz...and you know i like the lad but he had to be dropped

[quote user="First Wizard"]Totally agree MIA, but does that justify the level of abuse he gets on here?. I don''t think it does mate.[/quote]Consider the position and dire straits we are in Wiz. A club in some of the darkest days in it''s history, fighting for it''s life at the bottom of the table, with thousands of fans backing the side as fiercely as they can, with a team playing passionately for a result. Now when you have a striker on the pitch, solely in the team for scoring goals,  that misses sitter after sitter after sitter.....What kind of reaction do you expect from the general supporters? I''m not saying that i back what their saying here (well if I''m being honest, i probably do, even though i like the fella), but if your a football player missing the kind of glaring opportunities Cureton''s had, that could save a club facing it''s doom, your gonna get heckled, your gonna get abused, and you shouldn''t be in the team. It really is as simple as that.I''m sorry, but no matter what you say, you''re never going to convince passionate Norwich City fans that one man and his career is more important than the club.

[quote user="John"][quote user="First Wizard"]Totally agree MIA, but does that justify the level of abuse he gets on here?. I don''t think it does mate.[/quote]

Consider the position and dire straits we are in Wiz. A club in some of the darkest days in it''s history, fighting for it''s life at the bottom of the table, with thousands of fans backing the side as fiercely as they can, with a team playing passionately for a result. Now when you have a striker on the pitch, solely in the team for scoring goals,  that misses sitter after sitter after sitter.....

What kind of reaction do you expect from the general supporters? I''m not saying that i back what their saying here (well if I''m being honest, i probably do, even though i like the fella), but if your a football player missing the kind of glaring opportunities Cureton''s had, that could save a club facing it''s doom, your gonna get heckled, your gonna get abused, and you shouldn''t be in the team. It really is as simple as that.

I''m sorry, but no matter what you say, you''re never going to convince passionate Norwich City fans that one man and his career is more important than the club.
[/quote]

The problem is that you can''t turn back time, and that''s what''s done for Jaime. I was fortunate enough to play for many years at a good level of semi pro football as a striker. Like Jaime I wasn''t big, but was quick and had a goalscorer''s instincts. However, as I got into my 30s I found that, although my mind was a sharp as before, I seemed to be a split second slow in reacting,and once I realised that, I started to think about things, where once I simply relied on my instincts. That, I fear, is where Jaime is now. He''s a lovely guy and I feel sorry for him because he is trying his hardest,but you can''t turn back the clock.

The sad fact is that while you can''t question Jamie''s desire, he''s just not good enough. People are criticising him for his scoring record Wiz, not his love for the club.

Devils Advocate....To be fair, if a profesional footballer was so heart broken about some random nobody posting stuff about them in a blog then they may as well quit.Think of all the anti stuff posted about real footballers... your Beckhams, Robinhos, Henrys etc etc etc etcAnd lets be fair...Curo has not been a goal machine for us so hes not innocent.I admire his attitude and his lust for Norwich but plain and simple he is not performing

Im not saying Curo didnt cost us one point
Im saying that if he would''ve scored that since the miss was before grounds goal dont

you think it makes sense that it wasnt definate that we would''ve got another one if Curo would''ve scored

???

Yes, as I have said before JC is a nice fella and loves the club, all to be commended, BUT he is not scoring and therefore subject to criticism. To even mention the German war machine in the same breath , Tripe

I still like Jamie, but I will admit he has missed a lot of very good chances in the past few games.

I would like to see some other players have a go, but I''m sure Jamie will be back. And maybe if he knows there is competition will make him more clinical.

[quote user="NCFC_4_life"]

Im not saying Curo didnt cost us one point Im saying that if he would''ve scored that since the miss was before grounds goal dont

you think it makes sense that it wasnt definate that we would''ve got another one if Curo would''ve scored

???

[/quote]

could anyone translate that for me please [:|]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Devils Advocate....To be fair, if a profesional footballer was so heart broken about some random nobody posting stuff about them in a blog then they may as well quit.Think of all the anti stuff posted about real footballers... your Beckhams, Robinhos, Henrys etc etc etc etcAnd lets be fair...Curo has not been a goal machine for us so hes not innocent.I admire his attitude and his lust for Norwich but plain and simple he is not performing

OUCHIE!! :-)[/quote]