Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

OT: Please help me raise money for Cancer Research

Apologies for this, but I hope you will agree its a good cause, and I ''ve cleared it with the mods.

On May 3rd I will be running the Great East Anglia Run (a 10K) for Cancer Research. If any of you feel prepared to sponsor me I have set up a website for the purpose at www.justgiving.com/robmike  . If nothing else it allows you to view an unfortunate photo of me with more chins than the Peking phone book! Funny how lighting plays weird tricks with even the most athletic profile!

Thanks in advance for anyone who is prepared to donate.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Ok I will get it started, but won''t be donating until I get paid Friday next week.  I will pledge £10, how''s that for a start?[/quote]

Thanks for that WAY. By the way, the cycling shorts seem to have solved the hamstring problem!

Best of luck with it Beauseant, but I''m afraid I only give to the British Legion, RNLI and the British Heart Foundation, sadly, there has to be a cut off point.

Good luck and well done.[Y]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Best of luck with it Beauseant, but I''m afraid I only give to the British Legion, RNLI and the British Heart Foundation, sadly, there has to be a cut off point.

Good luck and well done.[Y]

[/quote]

No problem Wiz. There are so many deserving causes and we all have a finite amount of money.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Ok I will get it started, but won''t be donating until I get paid Friday next week.  I will pledge £10, how''s that for a start?[/quote]

Thanks for that WAY. By the way, the cycling shorts seem to have solved the hamstring problem!

[/quote]

Well that''s great news, no more pain in the hamstrings will help you greatly with running.  I hope you get a few of us pink-un posters to sponsor you, even a few quid, as they say ''''every little helps'''' [Y]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Well that''s great news, no more pain in the hamstrings will help you greatly with running.  I hope you get a few of us pink-un posters to sponsor you, even a few quid, as they say ''''every little helps'''' [Y]

[/quote]

Yes, two runs this weekend with no problems. Thanks for bumping the post as well.....it got rather lost in the aftermath of yesterday''s disaster!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]No worries, if Pete were around this would be made a sticky, it deserves nothing less.  Great cause mate and well worth bumping.[/quote]

Thanks. I did wonder about asking for it to be made a sticky. If any of the web team read this, could you help, please?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]No worries, if Pete were around this would be made a sticky, it deserves nothing less.  Great cause mate and well worth bumping.[/quote]

Thanks. I did wonder about asking for it to be made a sticky. If any of the web team read this, could you help, please?

[/quote]

Maybe a mail to Celia or one of the other webteam might help.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Maybe a mail to Celia or one of the other webteam might help.

[/quote]

Cheers, will do!

Well done for raising for such a fantastic cause, I''m sure we''ve all been affected by cancer one way or another and I admire you for this.Consider me in for £20.

Cheers guys. I''m working on getting as much as possible, so any donations are gratefully received. Did it last year and managed to raise £1600 for Alzheimer''s, which my Dad had and now, unfortunately, so does my mother. Hope the run is better this year though. Last year I got a stomach bug the night before and felt like death!

Count me in. (Shame you couldn''t have also arranged a link within your quote in today''s EDP!)

Good luck with this Beau, its a charity I fully support having lost two of my extended family to it over the years - I did the National 3 Peaks last year and will probably be doing so again for the same Charity!I''m a little on the poor side at present (student with kids and all that) but I''ll try to bung something into the coffers closer to the time - make sure you don''t let me forget!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Good luck with this Beau, its a charity I fully support having lost two of my extended family to it over the years - I did the National 3 Peaks last year and will probably be doing so again for the same Charity!

I''m a little on the poor side at present (student with kids and all that) but I''ll try to bung something into the coffers closer to the time - make sure you don''t let me forget!
[/quote]

Cheers EM! Will do.

I''m happy to make a donation too, find me after the forum Thursday and I''ll pay up then.

[quote user="cityangel"]I''m happy to make a donation too, find me after the forum Thursday and I''ll pay up then.[/quote]

Thanks CA, but unfortunately I can''t be there on there on Thursday as I''m at a conference in London.

I''ll try and make a donation, even it is a small one mate, the old student loan is running low at the mo [;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="cityangel"]I''m happy to make a donation too, find me after the forum Thursday and I''ll pay up then.[/quote]

Thanks CA, but unfortunately I can''t be there on there on Thursday as I''m at a conference in London.

[/quote]

PM me and let me know how I can get the money to you.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]I''ll be donating this arvo![/quote]]

Cheers Macca, just got e-mail from Just Giving to confirm.[Y]

I''m assuming Smudger is waiting until closer to the run........[:P]

Firstly apologise for not donating sooner today, felt a little grotty with this virus, but it''s done now.  Let''s hope you get lots of sponsors for this worthwhile cause.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Firstly apologise for not donating sooner today, felt a little grotty with this virus, but it''s done now.  Let''s hope you get lots of sponsors for this worthwhile cause.[/quote]

Many thanks WAY, and I hope you feel better soon!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Firstly apologise for not donating sooner today, felt a little grotty with this virus, but it''s done now.  Let''s hope you get lots of sponsors for this worthwhile cause.[/quote]

Many thanks WAY, and I hope you feel better soon!

[/quote]

No worries and my pleasure.  Ahhhhh it''s only that cold virus, I need a good hot curry to get rid of it lol should clear my nose, and erm, other parts hehehehe [:)]