Sign in to follow this  
ca

Is there anyone who still thinks we'll stay up??

[quote user="Mook"]

[quote user="BlueJam"]Lord Horn,The ones to blame are the board.

[/quote]

The players were to blame for the loss.

And as Bryan Gunn and his team prepared the players, they have to accept responsibility too.

And as Glenn Roeder, Peter Grant, Worthington and Gunn assembled the playing squad, the board have to accept responsibility for managerial appointments and the lack of expenditure.

There are many people to blame. But underperforming players is simply that - underperforming players. You can''t put a 90 minute football match on a Saturday afternoon down to the board - the players CAN do better, so why didn''t they? From first whistle to last, the players/manager lost us the blackpool game.

[/quote]I think we have to accept that we have a very, very poor squad.  Yes the players can do better but we have only seen that in two or three games and we have to realise that those good displays were the exception and not the rule.  Every dog has it''s day and at any given moment any team can beat another but what seperates good teams from bad teams though is not just talent, it''s having the ability to perform at your best week in and week out.  City clearly do not have that ability and for me, that''s why I think we will be relegated

I''ll back lappin up here by saying that we can still stay up.  As NW used to say, you try until it''s mathematically impossible.  We got that play-off spot against Burnley, so we can do it again.

[quote user="BlueJam"][quote user="chicken"]I don''t think its points as such as a target anymore - it''s simply winning. Tomorrow night is the real make or break - for me if we fail to come out with a win there is no real point in believing we will be in this league next season.[/quote]Sorry to say chicken, but Blackpool was the make or break game.[/quote]What is it about four points that makes you think its that much harder than three? I would agree that it was a game of great importance but I think until we are six points off safety we could still do it - I don''t think we will but the next game or two games will really define whether our team starts to believe it or falls appart at the seams.

[quote user="On the way to Yeovil"]Only way we can stay up is if other teams take the Admin route, it might happen[/quote]Not now, the point deduction would take place next season, unless in very extreme circumstances, I think that boat has left the harbour

We are not down yet. Ok it doesnt look great but we still have 9 games left. There are going to be a lot more twists and turns before the season ends. There always is in this league.

[quote user="Glenn Foy"]

lets have a little look.

Tuesday, 03 March 2009

The Coca-Cola Football League Championship

QPR v Norwich, 20:00

Saturday, 07 March 2009

Tuesday, 10 March 2009

Norwich v Cardiff, 19:45

Saturday, 14 March 2009

Norwich v Plymouth, 15:00

Saturday, 21 March 2009

Saturday, 04 April 2009

Saturday, 11 April 2009

Swansea v Norwich, 15:00

Monday, 13 April 2009

Norwich v Watford, 15:00

Sunday, 19 April 2009

Ipswich v Norwich, 12:45

Saturday, 25 April 2009

Norwich v Reading, 15:00

Sunday, 03 May 2009

Charlton v Norwich, 15:00

I can''t see us winning away from home again (except ipswich, we do normally play well against them) and for the sake of giving us a chance to stay up im going to say we can get three points. Also, if we have to go away to charlton and win to stay up, we will. We are always good under pressure on the last game of the season (ahem, 6-0). so that gives us 6 points, beat sheff wed, watford, plymouth and cardiff at home thats 18 points and finishing on 52 points. means we can afford to lose against reading, swansea, birmingham, blackpool and qpr. Cool [H]

anyone?

[/quote]

The wins will come from Cardiff (H), Plymouth (H), Swansea (A), Watford (H), Charlton (A), with draws against Sheff Wed and Reading.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="cityangel"]Lappinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnitup [:D] Cmon lets be aving you, I know you''re more positive than most of us on here, are you still optimistic?[/quote]Of course I am CA. I''ll be there tomorrow night cheering them on just like you will because that''s what supporters do. Like everybody else, I''m worried where we are in the table but the only thing that can change that is if we start winning again and that will be more likely if we''re behind the boys in the ground and not causing disruption outside it!  [Y] [/quote]

Yes I''ll be there too Lappin, praying and hoping for a decent performance and 3 pts

YES! We''ll stay up.......

......the creek without a paddle - if we still have the same ''Smuggy Smug Smugness of a CEO'' and retain the incompetent board of rudderless and Directionless at the fore of this club (as I think we''re sure to be relegated). Because, I personally think we don''t deserve to stay up.....The warning signs have been flashing red since relegation from the Premiership, and our gaggle of blundering, blustering bunch of blaggers - have weaved and chanced their way through the barriers at the level crossing, well before our meteoric rise and spiralling downfall since the play-offs - and fortunately it''s been a slow train coming......Now, the runaway express has suddenly appeared on the line.... 

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

YES! We''ll stay up.......

......the creek without a paddle - if we still have the same ''Smuggy Smug Smugness of a CEO'' and retain the incompetent board of rudderless and Directionless at the fore of this club (as I think we''re sure to be relegated). Because, I personally think we don''t deserve to stay up.....The warning signs have been flashing red since relegation from the Premiership, and our gaggle of blundering, blustering bunch of blaggers - have weaved and chanced their way through the barriers at the level crossing, well before our meteoric rise and spiralling downfall since the play-offs - and fortunately it''s been a slow train coming......Now, the runaway express has suddenly appeared on the line.... 

[/quote]yeah - they''re gamblers...their wheezes and cleverness to stay competitve in this league have gone bust - and given our precarious position in jan - appointing the legends and signing anzac nobodies have just about finished the job...

I don''t see up getting 5 eins like Largey stated but YES WE WILL STAYUP. Wins against Cardiff, Plymouth and Watford nd draws with Charlton and Birmingham are what will keep us in this league, and then we will win the Championship next season. Up the yellows

[quote user="lynn canary"]I don''t see up getting 5 eins like Largey stated but YES WE WILL STAYUP. Wins against Cardiff, Plymouth and Watford nd draws with Charlton and Birmingham are what will keep us in this league, and then we will win the Championship next season. Up the yellows[/quote]

Yes and   

When there is a bunch of fans just saying that there is no ponit in cheering on the team because we ware already relegated,that doesn''t really encourage the team does it. Charlton fans are miles adrift of staying up but i bet there fans are still giving it a go. So at the start of the season,you lot will be saying that we will be lucky to survive. You need optimism in this league. What''sthe point in supporting a club if you have none ?

Come on city, get the result 2moro and then see if everybody still thinks we will go down

[quote user="Broken_hearted_canary"]Nort a blady charnce matey[/quote]

I can definitely smell it now . . . Bin filth!!

We may be going down but we''ll do the double over you before we do, and until we meet again you''ll have to live with it [:$]

You have nine games to play - you are not adrift on points.  Yes, of course you can stay up.  No idea if you will but if you give up now it seems a bit strange to me.  Other clubs down near the bottom have the same problems.

Until you know you are relegated I think it a bit premature to give up. 

Agreed Cam, but Norwich fans seem a bit hard to please at the best of times. Everyone has sunk into a negative slum, but as long as that doesn''t start to sink into the players then we are still in with a fighting chance. Spirit in the dressing room is key at the moment, and right now it''s hard to tell what the feeling is like in there. 9 cup finals? Not the way to treat it imo.

can''t believe there are so many people thinking we''ll win tonight - good for you i guess!

Cardiff could still move up to second if the results and games in hand go their way...

[quote user="San Miguel"]

can''t believe there are so many people thinking we''ll win tonight - good for you i guess!

Cardiff could still move up to second if the results and games in hand go their way...

[/quote]

Do you think there''s more people think we''ll win tonight than thought we''d win at QPR last Tuesday?

We have to win on Saturday and then we are in with a chance of survival. We still need about another 10 points, at least; so about three or four more wins and a couple of draws, which may be too tall an order for our somewhat inconsistent team. Lose on Saturday and the fear of the drop can only worsen.

My prediction is as follows...

Plymouth 3 points

Birmingham 0 points

Sheff Weds 1 point

Swansea 1 point

Watford 3 points

Ipswich 0 points sorry!

Reading 1 point

Charlton 1 point

Given the Canaries a total of 49 points!

Will it be enough?

Yes because we are Norwich City Football Club

OTBC since 1969

R.I.P. Dad 1939-2008

My concern is the other teams games in hand, Southampton 1 and Barnsley 3!

And Roeders loaning of Curo to Barnsley is looking suicidal now.

1 swallow does not a summer make! if we can win 3 or 4 more games this season then we have done it..... if we lose saturday then we go to birmingham at St Trannies.. never a happy hunting ground for us.... we could be deep in the mire after that game.

jas :)