Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Hell, if we must go down, then......

Lets do it honestly with our own players, supporting the gaps with our youth team lads. Screw the loanees, who''ll sod off anyway come May.

Please Gunny, give youth a chance.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Lets do it honestly with our own players, supporting the gaps with our youth team lads. Screw the loanees, who''ll sod off anyway come May.

[/quote]

Trouble is we look worse with our own players.  Who are our weak links at the moment?  Russell & Otsemebor are the worst two,  which of the loanees were / are worse than them?  None.

To focus on the contracts the players are on is pointless.  Its about the best players - and most of the time the loanee players IS better than the one we own and gives as much effort.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Trouble is we look worse with our own players.  Who are our weak links at the moment?  Russell & Otsemebor are the worst two,  which of the loanees were / are worse than them?  None.

To focus on the contracts the players are on is pointless.  Its about the best players - and most of the time the loanee players IS better than the one we own and gives as much effort.

[/quote]

I disagree, the loanees won''t run through a brick wall for City, I believe our youth will Zipper.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dead right. Otsemobor was the weak link in our back 5 on Saturday; how many times was he caught out of position? His challenges are weak, he doesn''t put 100% in; I''d like him alot more if I thought he was rubbish but doing his best, but the truth is he''s both lazy and incompetent.

Russell was quiet on Saturday, and he and Fotheringham couldn''t get to grips with the excellent Richard Chaplow. A special mention for Gow as well. This guy obviously must have someting, as he''s already scored a few goals this season for Blackpool and Wolves were after him in January but on Saturday, he couldn''t hold the ball, his passing was poor, his anticipation and awareness were zero, he couldn''t run, and like the rest of the team he was afraid to shoot. Just not good enough.

Of the loanees, I thought Grounds was excellent. Killen and Carney didn''t really have enough time to impress.

[quote user="National express super guard "]but if it backfires and we get walloped and get relegated by 10 points that''d damage the boys forever, and ruin their confidence and careers. This was a point made by my old man when I went off ranting about the youth players having more passion.
[/quote]

Forget the walloping National, we''re going down anyway, blooding the youth now will be better than being forced to play them next season.

Bring back Spillane and Jarvis.  They have already got some experience fighting a losing battle this season, maybe they have learned something!

[quote user="rjwc22"]Bring back Spillane and Jarvis.  They have already got some experience fighting a losing battle this season, maybe they have learned something![/quote]Luton own Rossi Jarvis I think he''ll demand a sum we can''t afford [;)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I disagree, the loanees won''t run through a brick wall for City, I believe our youth will Zipper.

[/quote]

Not necessarily. I didn''t see Rossi Jarvis running through a brick wall when we were losing 1-0 against QPR in the final game of Grant''s management. He went missing like the rest of the squad. Only play them if they''re good enough.

Is there really a right or wrong time to play " youngsters". If they are under contract at the club and have squad numbers then surely they are part of the first team squad. I don''t buy all this "it will destroy them and they will ruin their careers if they play and lose" nonsense. If Everton lose the next couple of games will that mean career over for Rodwell ? I doubt it. We have nothing to lose now by  having some pumped up, itching to get on, highly motivated younger Squad members on the bench at least.. 

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="rjwc22"]Bring back Spillane and Jarvis.  They have already got some experience fighting a losing battle this season, maybe they have learned something![/quote]
Luton own Rossi Jarvis I think he''ll demand a sum we can''t afford [;)]
[/quote]

And we can''t get Spillane back anyway.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We will have to agree to differ.  To few players have been bothered - whether loanee or otherwise - to go through a brick wall for their pay check - only Croft and Doc have done so week in week out for city this season.  And there are more squad players than loanees. 

I agree on giving the right youth a go tho,   maybe daley to introduce some much missed pace seems like an option