Sign in to follow this  
ca

Green Un Editor has got balls??

http://www.greenun24.co.uk/content/greenun/sport/football/championship/ipswich-town/story.aspx?brand=EADOnline&category=IpswichTownFC&tBrand=GreenUnOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=IPED15%20Feb%202009%2018%3A36%3A02%3A617

Bit of a serious situation when the editor of the local paper is calling for the Manager''s head!

Just wondered if anyone wished that our local paper''s editors had more balls when things turned nasty with Roeder and the board??

Totally agree, although now we similarly have a legend in charge, I honestly can''t see our locals having a go - even if we get relegated, I can see them blaming Roeder, despite Gunn having a third of the season to turn us around. If we go down, it will not be Roeder''s doing.

Yes there were plenty of if we do go down i wont blame Gunny comments but we were not in the bottom 3 when he took over so if we drop he has to take a large proportion of the blame , after all he wanted the job so he has to expect the flak that comes with it.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Totally agree, although now we similarly have a legend in charge, I honestly can''t see our locals having a go - even if we get relegated, I can see them blaming Roeder, despite Gunn having a third of the season to turn us around. If we go down, it will not be Roeder''s doing.[/quote]And you''re sure you don''t want to revise your thinking on this one?

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Yes there were plenty of if we do go down i wont blame Gunny comments but we were not in the bottom 3 when he took over so if we drop he has to take a large proportion of the blame , after all he wanted the job so he has to expect the flak that comes with it.
[/quote]

Well said.

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Yes there were plenty of if we do go down i wont blame Gunny comments but we were not in the bottom 3 when he took over so if we drop he has to take a large proportion of the blame , after all he wanted the job so he has to expect the flak that comes with it.
[/quote]

Personally if we do make the drop I won''t be aiming my anger at Gunny, Chippy, Butters or JD, my wrath will go twards the board.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Personally if we do make the drop I won''t be aiming my anger at Gunny, Chippy, Butters or JD, my wrath will go twards the board.

[/quote]

Why is this?

Gunn wanted the job and he applied for it. Surely for someone who cares about the club so much, he should have let a more experienced man get the role? Surely he knew he''d get the job, it would be laughable to think otherwise, the way our board works.

He is the man who is going to take us down so why does he not deserve flak?

Its not the Board picking Cureton though or the Board who made the signings in January or brought Shackell back thats down to Gunn , if you blame the Board instead of Gunn then surely the same applies for Grant and Roeder .

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why is this?

Gunn wanted the job and he applied for it. Surely for someone who cares about the club so much, he should have let a more experienced man get the role? Surely he knew he''d get the job, it would be laughable to think otherwise, the way our board works.

[/quote]

Because it''s my opinion and I am entitled to it.  It''s the thing that makes us human, having differing opinions.

The last person I had to explain myself to was my mother, and sadly she has passed away.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why is this?

[/quote]

Because it''s my opinion and I am entitled to it.  It''s the thing that makes us human, having differing opinions.

The last person I had to explain myself to was my mother, and sadly she has passed away.

[/quote]

But what is wrong with me asking for the reason for your opinion? Surely the point of these boards?

If Gunn loved NCFC he would not have taken the job when it would inevitably be offered by our cheap skanky board.

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Its not the Board picking Cureton though or the Board who made the signings in January or brought Shackell back thats down to Gunn , if you blame the Board instead of Gunn then surely the same applies for Grant and Roeder .
[/quote]

Who are you trying to convince?  Me or yourself lol.

Seriously, do you think the board have nothing to do with the state of our club right now ?

I understand that some fans never wanted Gunny in, and that''s been obvious since he was announced.

I really do believe that the problems we are seeing now is not 100% a problem with managers, it comes from them investing money off pitch rather than on, and IMHO the club is reaping what it has sown for the past 10 + years.  Prudence with zero ambition.

[quote user="cityangel"]

http://www.greenun24.co.uk/content/greenun/sport/football/championship/ipswich-town/story.aspx?brand=EADOnline&category=IpswichTownFC&tBrand=GreenUnOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=IPED15%20Feb%202009%2018%3A36%3A02%3A617

Bit of a serious situation when the editor of the local paper is calling for the Manager''s head!

Just wondered if anyone wished that our local paper''s editors had more balls when things turned nasty with Roeder and the board??

[/quote]

Not quite a level playing field is it CA to draw comparisons.? Please don''t think i am taking sides with any of our recent managers but the article written by the editor of EADT refers to the amount of time and money given to Magilton and even refers to £12 million that he has spent.Hardly been the scenario in this neck of East Anglia has it? If only it was the case.

The problem we have surrounds the Board and lack of funds.I did not notice the EADT editor take Mr.Evans to task for keeping Magilton in a job or for the amount of money wasted.

Tin hat on and ready.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why is this?

[/quote]

[/quote]

But what is wrong with me asking for the reason for your opinion? Surely the point of these boards?

If Gunn loved NCFC he would not have taken the job when it would inevitably be offered by our cheap skanky board.

[/quote]

I never question why some people feel the way they do, they are perfectly entitled to feel that way. 

People have differing opinions, it doesn''t give me any right to ask why they are of that opinion, that''s their right.

You can disagree with me, I can disagree with you, but I would never ask you why you felt the way you do.

It''s like going to see a shrink lol  and them asking why do you feel this way?  Because I do would be my answer.  [;)][:)]

You put down your thoughts and feelings, as do I and lots of others, do you question why everyone feels this way or is it just me? 

I would lay the blame firmly at the feet of the board. My reasons? They were the ones who made the managerial appointments-so in the same way you would blame Gunn for fielding teams that lose/draw and take us down, you surely have to blame the ones who appointed him in the 1st place. 2nd they failed to back Gunn in january where it was the most important transfer opportunity this club may ever have. Bringing in a few loans and only backing Gunn with the 20k rising to 35k signing of Cody is pathetic, when they know how desperate this team is. The board has to accept the blame for this mess, especially if we go down, from Delia to Doncaster.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

how many points are the binmen off the playoffs?

Perhaps they aught to consider swapping positions with us first of all before realising that punc hing above their weight (which they are doing) is great!

jas :)

Of course all of our troubles are down to the Board but that did not stop people wanting Grant and Roeder sacked because of the position of the team so it should be no different for Gunn . In my opinion it was a grossly stupid appointment made on the back of one win against a side we usually thrash at home anyway , Bryan Gunn is a Norwich legend but he is not and never will be a football manager and his appointment has imo almost certainly sealed our fate.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Yes there were plenty of if we do go down i wont blame Gunny comments but we were not in the bottom 3 when he took over so if we drop he has to take a large proportion of the blame , after all he wanted the job so he has to expect the flak that comes with it.[/quote]

[/quote]

Why is this?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Gunny took the job because he wanted the job and loves this club and will do his best for it...With or without the board Gunny would have applied and IMO would of got the job...With the amount of experience of his back room staff he has brought in WILL keep us and help us over the summer...I WILL NOT be against Gunny if we go down as he has this team as "work in progress"...Maybe the same as the other 2 managers before him but this time with a Majority of fans behind him...As my sig says "NORWICH UP BOARD OUT! before anyone starts calling me a board lover.

P.s And since when does this forum turn into slating the board post? It was about Ips**t!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Doesn''t this all go back to the fall out after Magilton savaged the local press in a foul mouthed tirade á la Kinnear. They have been waiting for their opportunity to stick the knife in. His days are numbered.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]If we go down, it will not be Roeder''s doing.[/quote]Quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I''ve ever read on these boards... yes, more ridiculous than anything Smudger has ever said.... that ridiculous!What was your opinion of Roeder than, Alex? Did you enjoy his time in charge? Do you think the board made a mistake in sacking him and replacing him?  Is Gunn to blame for applying for a dream job?  What about Peter Grant, would that not also have been his fault? And Roeder, wanting to get back into football management after screwing it up at... well, at everywhere...Sorry, but the seeds of any possible doom were sown long before Gunn decided he wanted to take the position and I find it remarkable that you seem to believe otherwise! Have I misunderstood you or have you just not explained your opinion properly? Or have you just simply typed without thinking.................................... again?

Too right!

Magiltons time has run out at Portaloo Rd but I hope hes still in charge when we go there in April cause its likely we''ll need 3 pts badly from that one and having the Irish lepracorn still in charge gives us the chance of doing so!

During the disasterous Roedernowhere era, most people with any sanity about them could see the guy was no good for the club but the vast majority of journalists sat on the fence either cuase they didn''t want to jeopodise their roles at the club or risk Roedernowhere refusing to do interviews!

Only Adam Aiken and another surprisingly non football or even at that sports journalist at the EDP made it public that they felt Roedernowhere was no good!

Although Magiltons needs replacing, I told a S*um mate that they don''t know nothing compared to our experience of Roedernowhere. He replied by saying that he knew what a useless manager Roeder was!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]If we go down, it will not be Roeder''s doing.[/quote]Have I misunderstood you or have you just not explained your opinion properly? Or have you just simply typed without thinking.................................... again?[/quote]I asked that 4 posts in Eve… but no response means I must have read it correctly… in which case, I''m putting it down as just another daft posting (like so many others!)

But its not daft to blame the manager if we are relegated ? what happens next season if we are at the bottom end of league 1 , stick with good old Bryan because  he once kept goal for us . This is the exact problem Ipswich have now supporters turning on each because half of them think Magilton is way out of his depth and the other half  still look on him as the legend player who must be forgiven all his mistakes because of the past . Dont forget Roeder kept us up last season from a much worse position than Gunn has inherited , can Gunns management ability keep us up this season ? you wouldnt bet on it would you.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

totally right, and if it does happen the Board deserve all the wrath we can muster. Anyone intending to blame Gunny and co are seriously deranged, how the hell can it be their fault? They''ve not exactly been given pots of money or loads of time have they? If they managed to get us out of this totally sh*te situation then they will be even greater legends than they already are in my opinion, and if they don''t then it won''t be for want of trying I''m sure.

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]But its not daft to blame the manager if we are relegated ? what happens next season if we are at the bottom end of league 1 , stick with good old Bryan because  he once kept goal for us . This is the exact problem Ipswich have now supporters turning on each because half of them think Magilton is way out of his depth and the other half  still look on him as the legend player who must be forgiven all his mistakes because of the past . Dont forget Roeder kept us up last season from a much worse position than Gunn has inherited , can Gunns management ability keep us up this season ? you wouldnt bet on it would you.[/quote]I was referring to this bit… [quote user="alex_ncfc"]I can see them blaming Roeder, despite Gunn having a

third of the season to turn us around. If we go down, it will not be

Roeder''s doing.[/quote] - now that to me is just plain daft… whatever other circumstances apply!

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Its not the Board picking Cureton though or the Board who made the signings in January or brought Shackell back thats down to Gunn , if you blame the Board instead of Gunn then surely the same applies for Grant and Roeder .
[/quote]

yes but it''s the same Board not supplying any funds that force those type of decisions on a Manager. And yes the same does apply to Grant and Roeder, I don''t blame them more than about 10% for our demise, 90% minimum blame for our current demise goes to the Board. They could have appointed Alex Ferguson, Steve Bruce or Harry Redknapp, it wpould have made little difference. What was required was a decent level of funds to actually BUY some players who had a bit of skill and a bit of commitment to play for the shirt.

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]But its not daft to blame the manager if we are relegated ? what happens next season if we are at the bottom end of league 1 , stick with good old Bryan because  he once kept goal for us . This is the exact problem Ipswich have now supporters turning on each because half of them think Magilton is way out of his depth and the other half  still look on him as the legend player who must be forgiven all his mistakes because of the past . Dont forget Roeder kept us up last season from a much worse position than Gunn has inherited , can Gunns management ability keep us up this season ? you wouldnt bet on it would you.
[/quote]

Mostly true but in reality Redernowhere took over in October while Gunny took over in January and now its the middle of Feb if we''re talking form now, so its debatable whether Roeder took over in a worse position cause he had more games in front of him than what Gunny now has!

Think with a few exceptions most people haven''t really replied to the question I asked which was

In other words do you think that our local paper should have done more to highlight the problems at the club with the Board/Roeder a few months ago when we really hit rock bottom ??

[quote user="cityangel"]

Think with a few exceptions most people haven''t really replied to the question I asked which was

In other words do you think that our local paper should have done more to highlight the problems at the club with the Board/Roeder a few months ago when we really hit rock bottom ??

[/quote]

I''d pay a brief visit to Carrow Road net if I were you..............and some others.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I''d pay a brief visit to Carrow Road net if I were you..............and some others.

[/quote]

Thanks. Just followed your advice. Interesting.