Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Stay up or Go down - Vote now

Do you honestly think we will stay up or go down?And what do you think is the main reason?I think we will stay up, but if we dont survive the reason for me is undoubtedly the defence. Poor decisions from Roeder to bring in 2 crocks in Stefanovic and Kennedy. And it still hasnt been sorted. The defence has been a problem since relegation from the premiership, and its been our undoing every season since.

I think we will finish 4th from bottom, thus staying up and ready to fight for our place in the Championship next season [:|]

Charlton, Southampton and one other will go down. I think it''ll be one from us, Plymouth and Doncaster. On current form, I think it''ll be us.

So it looks like it will be Southampton, Charlton and one other. I actually think Plymouth are the ones to watch as they are rubbish and haven''t won since boxing day. So if Watford and Barnley get more than three points out of their games in hand it could be a battle between us and Plymouth which I think we could win.

Why are we where we are? Because we have a poor defence and an even poorer strike force. For that you can blame Grant, Roeder and the board for never replacing Earnshaw. We can say the managers haven''t been given loads of money which is true but Grant did buy Strihavka and Cureton - we could have spent that on Martin Paterson. 

NCFC will  go down and this is for numerous reasons. The board have not invested the money in the right places at the right time and the Premiershi*. The Premeiershi* is an  all  consuming league that only feds the wealthy. How many times have clubs been  relegated from the Premiershi* only to implode?. Until  something is done about the Premeiershi* then there will be more NCFC''s in the future.  

One high profile play currently play in Italy has stated that in order to get his move he is prepared to take a pay cut back to the level of six years ago. He only wants 150K each week. I cannot blame that person good luck to him but it goes back to what I have stated about the Premiershi*. Football  in this country needs a ridicule overhaul.     

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Down, and I blame the Board for appointing Gunn, and him for accepting it!

I still support him though......whats the alternative?

[/quote]

One dimensional as ever Wiz.

[quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, but what a dimension![:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, but what a dimension![:D]

[/quote]

Fair play, good riposte, gotta laugh.

Down for me unfortunately. We have been an unlucky team all season although Roeder''s decisions/tactics made our situation even worse. I can''t see us suddenly getting lucky now.

I think it will be between us, Barnsley, Plymouth and Watford as to who goes down with Charlton and Southampton and I think we will scrape home by the skin of our teeth and end up 4th bottom. Much too close to call though and there is no doubt we have a very real chance of going down.

Main reason is that the meag4fer funds we have had have been wasted by Roeder in bringing in too many poor loan players. On top of that is his poor decision making and totally crap man management skills. Appointing Gunn is a huge risk and may or may not work, which makes it the wrong decision for me. Now is not the time to risk inexperence but we have what we have and the whole club must pull together to have even that small chance.

I still think we will stay up, we''ve got games against teams down there, and they''ve all got to play each other as well.  Plymouth are the ones to watch, they are in complete free fall, and I think Charlton and Saints are gone.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

I think it will be between us, Barnsley, Plymouth and Watford as to who goes down with Charlton and Southampton and I think we will scrape home by the skin of our teeth and end up 4th bottom. Much too close to call though and there is no doubt we have a very real chance of going down.

Main reason is that the meag4fer funds we have had have been wasted by Roeder in bringing in too many poor loan players. On top of that is his poor decision making and totally crap man management skills. Appointing Gunn is a huge risk and may or may not work, which makes it the wrong decision for me. Now is not the time to risk inexperence but we have what we have and the whole club must pull together to have even that small chance.

[/quote]

Hear what you say about the Gunn appointment (which I wholeheartedly support) but, realistically, what other better, workable and immediately available options were available ?

I would like to say "stay up" but rationally we have too many weaknesses and we would need considerable luck to amass enough points.I''m afraid it''s relegation, farewell to Clingan, Marshall and Croft and a long rebuilding programme, probably based on a nucleus from the Academy, as I can''t see any money being available.

i think we are certainly far from down and their is still alot of points to play for - i suggest people should just ignore the league table for the next few games because it aint pretty but it will chop and change loads before the season is out. the way i see it we have got to win at least 6 games, there is certainly 6 winnable games left so there is a chance, but to ask a team to go and win 6/13 when they have laboured to 8/33 is a massive ask so on that basis we will be comfortably relegated

[quote user="lincoln canary"]one thing is for sure if we go into the last game needing somthing to stay up then were certainly going down.[/quote]

The memories of us folding faster than superman on laundry day at Fulham all those years ago still haunting you then Lincoln Canary?

It''s far from over and i wouldn''t like to say either way, although i definitely think we will finish in the bottom 5. However if we do manage to put enough of a run together to beat the drop I fear we will be in exactly the same position in 12 months time. When the loans have gone back in the summer they will be replaced by new loans who will again take a significant period of time to settle in and before you know it, it will be December and we''ll be on 20 points. It''s a vicious circle, we are never going to make any sustained improvements whilst we have such a large percentage of the squad on loan, but we know this situation is unlikely to change. It''s hard to stay positive isn''t it?

Down. Maybe Gunn will then realise what a fool he was for taking the job - not that he is to blame. Taxi for the drunken chef.

Could not agree more about the defence, especially the centre. But as for the main question;

Heart says no way, not possible.

Head says it''s now almost certain :(

[quote user="Jonzey"]

Could not agree more about the defence, especially the centre. But as for the main question;

Heart says no way, not possible.

Head says it''s now almost certain :(

[/quote]

I guess we can all take comfort from the fact that supporters of at least 4 other clubs are all saying the same thing. If you want cheering up look at the remaining fixtures of all the other clubs below and just above us.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Heart says stay up, head says we will make the drop [:|][/quote]SNAP[/quote]

This is my head speaking : £10 we will avoid the drop City - prepared to put your money where your mouth is ?

We are down and deservedly so , and why moan about the loans Roeder brought in when all Gunn has done is the same but of a lower quality.