Sign in to follow this  
birdman

Your team needs you

I am begging people to be realistic and stop the beat up Gunn and the board campaigns. I am not saying that a lot of the views on the board are wrong, but nothing is going to change this season and the best thing for the club is for all of us to get behind Gunn and the players and forget about the board. Gunn will probably make mistakes but hopefully he can quickly get the backroom team to ensue confidence in to the team, are we really saying that Doncaster are better than us and if they can go on a decent run so can we if only some confidence can be injected in to the team.

Can I also add that this is not a time for youth players as some people are calling for, I have watched the youth team for many years and there are no players that would make a difference; the only outstanding player is Rudd and apart from sitting him on the bench I would not play him this season, however I would have had him out on loan so that he could have gained some experience as he is not getting it from the non existent reserve games.

[quote user="birdman"]

I am begging people to be realistic and stop the beat up Gunn and the board campaigns. I am not saying that a lot of the views on the board are wrong, but nothing is going to change this season and the best thing for the club is for all of us to get behind Gunn and the players and forget about the board. Gunn will probably make mistakes but hopefully he can quickly get the backroom team to ensue confidence in to the team, are we really saying that Doncaster are better than us and if they can go on a decent run so can we if only some confidence can be injected in to the team.

Can I also add that this is not a time for youth players as some people are calling for, I have watched the youth team for many years and there are no players that would make a difference; the only outstanding player is Rudd and apart from sitting him on the bench I would not play him this season, however I would have had him out on loan so that he could have gained some experience as he is not getting it from the non existent reserve games.

[/quote]

but i dont think it matters, i honestly dont think our players are that bothered. after relegation the loanees will return, fozzy leaves, clingan, hoolahan, russell, croft will be at other championship teams ( with ambition ) and the rest know they wont get shipped out because our squad is so thin. i really dont see enough passion from the players, bar the obvious exceptions of croft and doc.

I''m not sure we have nothing to lose, if people keep slagging the board and manager off this is going to cause a negative mood around the club, that''s why I feel we should all get behind Gunn, the close season is where the problems should be sorted out.

I''m with you birdman, I''m flying into from helsinki for saturdays match just to give the team my full support , and will make several more trips over in the next couple of months- fans reactions clearly impact what happens on the field. Gunn is not to blame - lets leave the fighting against the board (which I cannot disagree with) until the situation is clear one way or the other up or down - otherwise we will end up like southampton who are in an even bigger mess than us.

[quote user="birdman"]

[/quote]

A sound notion my friend and well done you for saying it. However, there is just too much anger in me to agree with it Im afriad. We deserve relegaion because of a certain long term plan that goes by the name of prudence. This word killed our club the day Delia introduced it. There is no way back now.

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

A sound notion my friend and well done you for saying it. However, there is just too much anger in me to agree with it Im afriad. We deserve relegaion because of a certain long term plan that goes by the name of prudence. This word killed our club the day Delia introduced it. There is no way back now.

[/quote]I believe it was originally part of a phrase : "prudence with ambition".I would guess that, for you & many others, the balance is weighted far too heavily towards prudence.I would also guess that it might be different if it was yourself that was (most likely) waving goodbye to a large proportion of your personal wealth.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[/quote]

I believe it was originally part of a phrase : "prudence with ambition".
I would guess that, for you & many others, the balance is weighted far too heavily towards prudence.
I would also guess that it might be different if it was yourself that was (most likely) waving goodbye to a large proportion of your personal wealth.

[/quote]

LOL. I dont think so. Have you ever been to a bookies?

Okay Ron, Delia''s personal wealth aside, how do you account for the mis management of all the profits this club has made over the past decade or so, of the parachute payments, the large amounts of merchandising profit we made in the Play Off and Champion winning year. The profits from transfers, the hotel, catering.....was managing all that the prudence speaking, or ambition?

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Okay Ron, Delia''s personal wealth aside, how do you account for the mis management of all the profits this club has made over the past decade or so, of the parachute payments, the large amounts of merchandising profit we made in the Play Off and Champion winning year. The profits from transfers, the hotel, catering.....was managing all that the prudence speaking, or ambition?[/quote]The problem is that, even after the income you have described (plus gate receipts etc.), she has still invested several million in the club just to keep it afloat - or do you believe she is lying & is secretly creaming off cash?It seems to me the ambition is limited by the fact that the continuous drain may well end up bankrupting her. The question is : how well have the Board managed the resources available to them? How incompetent are they? How much is bad luck? How easy is it to appoint successful managers, attract good players forge a good tesm?These are the matters I think we should be debating.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Okay Ron, Delia''s personal wealth aside, how do you account for the mis management of all the profits this club has made over the past decade or so, of the parachute payments, the large amounts of merchandising profit we made in the Play Off and Champion winning year. The profits from transfers, the hotel, catering.....was managing all that the prudence speaking, or ambition?[/quote]

You''ve only got to notice off pitch investments then look at on pitch, and therein lies the problem.