Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

If we went down, would we do a Bradford or Leicester?

Agreed.  Think we have more chance of doing an MK Dons and going down again unless things behind the scenes are sorted out.

[quote user="Berkshire Canary"]The way we are going it wouldn''t surprise me if we went as far as doing an Oxford.[/quote]

I have forseen this nightmare scenario.......prepare ye all for the worse.[:(]

Very few teams do a Leicester and I can''t see us keeping Clinan, Croft et all either.

The best we could hope for is to do a Sheff Wed or Nottm Forrest where we are down for three or four years while we gradually rebuild and then come up as a very average championship team. We have to avoid relegation as the alternative is just long drawn out misery.

Leicester havent spent big money this season like when we did in our relegation season (1.6m on dj, 1m on clemence, big signing on fees for cort and kaebi, etc) we lost over 14m and milan has got in a good manager with a fantastic 6 man scouting team that have found gems such as morrison from cambridge for free/ compensation instead of buy past-it ''big'' names. We got rid of ollie and therefore lost the image of being a joke club with that muppet in charge and Pearson is just perfect, very level-headed and focussed aswell as having a good relationship with the players. Keeping hold of players like Oakley, Howard, and getting in a few quality loans (jack hobbs, etc) have really helped aswell as our only signing for a fee (i think) tunchev who was fantastic before his season was cut short in a cup game.Roeder wouldnt have been the man if you had went down, Gunn wont be, Clark would have been perfect and its unfortunate you lost him before sacking roeder..So if you have a good scouting system and can get the usual amount of loans in, you could get top 6 next season (if you go down, which i dont think you will because of the amount of poor teams down in the scrap..) just don''t believe you are bigger than League 1 and dont under rate it because teams try play most of the time and it feels good to be doing well. The reason why leeds are doing so poor is because they think they should still be top 4 in the prem.. Good luck

This is my worry, the fact we go down again!

Even worse, one of the teams in the bottom five at the moment could easily do a Luton - on the verge of conference (whatever its called).

They we''re in financial difficulties like bottom teams of Championship - gone bit pear shaped!!

Personally and know Norwich like I do - we would drop down again, this could easily change by hanging onto the players now, and raising all the lower teams best players that are good at that level.

Hopefully it does not come down to that, and we win the league next year!

D''oh stop getting carried away!

Add to that Crewe, Tranmere, Bury,Gillingham, all who are struggling and were playing in this league not so long ago. I hate being a doom monger  but i think we will do a Bradford if we go down. then hopefully a few heads will be tugged out of the sands of  prudence and lack of ambition.

Fot a start we have every chance of avoiding the drop!

Secondly, the fact that relegation would potentially and more than likely set the club back years and we''d struggle to get out of League 1 (in the right direction!) unlike Leicester are all good reasons to avoid the drop at all costs!

At the risk of being awkward, I''m going to say neither. Mid-table mediocrity would be the order of the day in League 1 - think Tranmere. This position is where I feel our current board thinks we able to operate successfully. I don''t think they have made a concerted effort to stay in this division and realise that good season ticket sales allied to lower player wages is the only way for the club to break even. Unfortunately, the championship bar was raised and our foolish board failed to realise this and act accordingly.

Oh my God - the pessimism on this board gets worse and worse. Not only have some people already made up their minds that City are down this season even though there are still 13 games to play, but apparently we''re on our way to League Two or the conference! Do me a favour lads - never apply to join the Samaritans. The suicide rate will shoot right up!!!!!

[quote user="Sir Digby Chicken Ceasar"]

Add to that Crewe, Tranmere, Bury,Gillingham, all who are struggling and were playing in this league not so long ago. I hate being a doom monger  but i think we will do a Bradford if we go down. then hopefully a few heads will be tugged out of the sands of  prudence and lack of ambition. [/quote]

And you can add Rotherham  and Oldham to this list

We might not do a Bradford but we are not very likely to follow the Leicester route, given the "ambition" of our useless board. Mid table mediocrity with crowds of 18 to 19 k are most likely to be our (short term, anyway) future.

Lets face it.  If big teams like Nottingham Forest and Leeds can''t come up at the first time of asking, then we wont either.

If we do go down and we keep the same board we have a good chance of going into administration and doing a Luton.

We have two hopes, stay up and Mr Cullum comes in again, or we go down and Mr Cullum comes on board and gives us money, buys us good quality players and gets us a good manager who can get us back to the Championship.

I can''t see any of the two above happening.