Sign in to follow this  
Keep talking, Joe

Anderton, Etherington.

These two are certainly avaliable, Anderton may be a little injury prone but is free, would probably accept a pay decrease and would add valuable experience. Etherington is still class and could cut it in the prem. The Hammers would have to accept a laughable offer from us too they are so screwed with money. Anyone heard any news on these two? I live in london and there has been a bit of talk here.

Etherington, despite his sending off, was probably the best visiting player on the park when the hammers were at FCR. I know he was highly rated at Peterborough and Drury must surely know him and be able to find out if he was interested in a move? Although I thought I had heard he had signed up to another season with the Hammers? Wages are probably the stumbling block too.

As far as Anderton is concerned he would fall in to the coming for a cushy life catergory and should be avoided at all costs...

OTBC

Firstly there is no way West Ham would sell us Etherington or Harewood for that matter. They needed to sell one player plus Carrick and that player was Connolly.

With players like Anderton, everyone says no no no straight away. The only way to treat players like him are to give him a really low basic wage and have all the rest performance or in his case appearance related. U might say why would he accept that? But hes not got a club and still wants to prove hes prem level.

Good point, Templeton. Why aren''t we looking for a nippy right winger who can swing in a reasonable cross? And by that I mean someone whose crosses actually land in the penalty area, not in the stand or over everyone''s heads, a-la Mark Rivers.

If we could guarantee Anderton would be fit for most of the season, then I''d say he could prove a good signing. But as he appears to be addicted to the treatment table I''d say he probably isn''t worth the bother.

anderton a," little bit injury prone" cyril smith a little bit fat, rivers a little bit of a smoker say no more!