Sign in to follow this  
Albyella

Would it do us good to go down??

Serious question - if we stay up by the skin of our teeth, are we just setting up for the same next season? If we go down, would it create a re-think and give us a new lease of life? Danger of going down is we do a "Leeds" or "Notts Forest" and languish there for a few years. On the other hand, we could do a Leicester and inject some excitement back into the club. For me, I guess I would rather be pushing for automatic promotion in League 1 (with a newly renovated NCFC) than fighting relegation again in the C''ship if I had the choice.....but I don''t have the choice, and if I really did, I would be pushing for promotion to the Prem.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]In a word "No", as I said in another thread I would not be surprised if relegation lead to us going into administration.[/quote]

I am thinking along those lines too, I don''t see relegation as a good thing at all, ever.

this is crazy , the idea is to get as high up the leauge as possible .

how on earth is going down a good idea ?

whilst alot of teams thrive to get into the premeirship , we have fans saying its a good idea that we go down ...

it would be a total nightmare for this club.

It would be terrible to go down.

LITMUS TEST: What would the majority of Ipswich fans wish for us?

Yes, to be relegated. Their mirth would be unbound.

They would not be envious of our positive step backwards.

We must cling onto our championship status for dear life.

[quote user="lobster catcher"]What a crock of shitte,anyone who thinks we will benefit from going down are deluded and need some serious help[/quote]

I have also said in another thread, if we go down it will be the end of our club, does anyone have the answer, our board Don''t

It was a question for some serious thought (I didnt state I wanted to go down out of choice, but IN MY OPINION it may be better than spending the next season(s) constantly fighting relegation without a re-focus on the club as a whole).Amazing how many people pounce without taking into consideration the question.....Oh, and CROWEY66 - go back to tendering your marrows...

BLAST ME BOY,I''VE JUST GOT BACK FROM TENDERING MY MARROW''S AND NOTICED YOUR REPLY.OK,SO WHAT IF WE WENT DOWN.WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IF WE STRUGGLED IN LEAGUE 1 FOR A COUPLE OF SEASONS,DROP DOWN TOO LEAGUE 2 DO FOR YOU WOULD IT,SEE IF WE COULD WIN A FEW GAMES THERE TOO KEEP YOU HAPPY.I APOLOGISE FOR SWEARING IN MY LAST POST TO YOU,BUT HONESTLY TO THINK IT WOULD BENEFIT THE CLUB DROPPING DOWN TO A POORER LEAGUE JUST DOES''NT MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL.

Not at all. I can not see us coming back up again. imo the difference between league 1 and the bottom of the championship is not a big one, and the team that we have (ie fotheringham, otsemobor and cureton) is not good enough to get promoted from league one and we dont have the money to get anything better in.

[quote user="crowey66"]BLAST ME BOY,I''VE JUST GOT BACK FROM TENDERING MY MARROW''S AND NOTICED YOUR REPLY.OK,SO WHAT IF WE WENT DOWN.WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IF WE STRUGGLED IN LEAGUE 1 FOR A COUPLE OF SEASONS,DROP DOWN TOO LEAGUE 2 DO FOR YOU WOULD IT,SEE IF WE COULD WIN A FEW GAMES THERE TOO KEEP YOU HAPPY.I APOLOGISE FOR SWEARING IN MY LAST POST TO YOU,BUT HONESTLY TO THINK IT WOULD BENEFIT THE CLUB DROPPING DOWN TO A POORER LEAGUE JUST DOES''NT MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL.[/quote]No, I would never want us to drop down a league, ever. BUT, as I stated at the beginning, if dropping down meant a clean out of the club and in essence a new start with an ambitious board, then it is something which may in the long run prove beneficial. Whether I am right or wrong, my opinion is that if we continue this floundering in the C''ship, gradually the support which we are so well known for will diminish - and then the inevitable drop would happen anyway. For me, unless we get some new investment into the club, we are on a road to nowhere, consolidated by the fact that our board are in safe mode at the moment. In my mind, one of two things will shake the board up and force them into some positive action - the support dwindles as we plod on in no-mans-land, or we drop a league and they get a wake up call. Neither of the two appeals to me, but if dropping down a league had the desired effect then I would take that against the option of what we have now. Of course I am aware of the dangers of staying down, and the possibility of sinking even further, but right now I dont see too much ambition from the board and this may be the only way to get that rectified. I have followed the Canaries for over 40 years, and with all the problems we have had in the past, I dont remember feeling this pessimistic about the future - and while we remain a low-level C''ship club fighting relegation, with our 24,000 fantastic supporters each week, what incentive is there for the board to take a gamble....

[quote user="wycombe canary"][quote user="crowey66"]BLAST ME BOY,I''VE JUST GOT BACK FROM TENDERING MY MARROW''S AND NOTICED YOUR REPLY.OK,SO WHAT IF WE WENT DOWN.WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IF WE STRUGGLED IN LEAGUE 1 FOR A COUPLE OF SEASONS,DROP DOWN TOO LEAGUE 2 DO FOR YOU WOULD IT,SEE IF WE COULD WIN A FEW GAMES THERE TOO KEEP YOU HAPPY.I APOLOGISE FOR SWEARING IN MY LAST POST TO YOU,BUT HONESTLY TO THINK IT WOULD BENEFIT THE CLUB DROPPING DOWN TO A POORER LEAGUE JUST DOES''NT MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL.[/quote]
No, I would never want us to drop down a league, ever. BUT, as I stated at the beginning, if dropping down meant a clean out of the club and in essence a new start with an ambitious board, then it is something which may in the long run prove beneficial. Whether I am right or wrong, my opinion is that if we continue this floundering in the C''ship, gradually the support which we are so well known for will diminish - and then the inevitable drop would happen anyway. For me, unless we get some new investment into the club, we are on a road to nowhere, consolidated by the fact that our board are in safe mode at the moment. In my mind, one of two things will shake the board up and force them into some positive action - the support dwindles as we plod on in no-mans-land, or we drop a league and they get a wake up call. Neither of the two appeals to me, but if dropping down a league had the desired effect then I would take that against the option of what we have now. Of course I am aware of the dangers of staying down, and the possibility of sinking even further, but right now I dont see too much ambition from the board and this may be the only way to get that rectified. I have followed the Canaries for over 40 years, and with all the problems we have had in the past, I dont remember feeling this pessimistic about the future - and while we remain a low-level C''ship club fighting relegation, with our 24,000 fantastic supporters each week, what incentive is there for the board to take a gamble....
[/quote]

I don''t have a problem with debating as to whether a lower league with less of a challenge would prove healthy in the long-term (Personally I''d rather stay in the Championship), but what I don''t understand is why everyone assumes that relegation = change of board for a new ambitious wealthy board? If someone with cash wanted to invest they''d presumably prefer a Championship investment than a L1 investment, and if they thought they''d get the club cheaper if relegated it''s unlikely they''re a fan, and if not, would we need to then worry about their motives anyway?

Until a genuine investor turns up, and who knows when that will be, we are left, with the current encumbents, whether people like it or not. Relegation won''t alter that for the better.

[quote user="wycombe canary"]Serious question - if we stay up by the skin of our teeth, are we just setting up for the same next season? If we go down, would it create a re-think and give us a new lease of life? Danger of going down is we do a "Leeds" or "Notts Forest" and languish there for a few years. On the other hand, we could do a Leicester and inject some excitement back into the club. For me, I guess I would rather be pushing for automatic promotion in League 1 (with a newly renovated NCFC) than fighting relegation again in the C''ship if I had the choice.....but I don''t have the choice, and if I really did, I would be pushing for promotion to the Prem.
[/quote]

Are you some sort of lower league pervert?

[quote user="canarytom"]

[quote user="wycombe canary"]Serious question - if we stay up by the skin of our teeth, are we just setting up for the same next season? If we go down, would it create a re-think and give us a new lease of life? Danger of going down is we do a "Leeds" or "Notts Forest" and languish there for a few years. On the other hand, we could do a Leicester and inject some excitement back into the club. For me, I guess I would rather be pushing for automatic promotion in League 1 (with a newly renovated NCFC) than fighting relegation again in the C''ship if I had the choice.....but I don''t have the choice, and if I really did, I would be pushing for promotion to the Prem.
[/quote]

Are you some sort of lower league pervert?

[/quote]

Are you on some kind of Operation Orr outing mission tonight?!!!

NO!

Al l the things that people say that relegation would sort like getting rid of the board, geting rid of the loan players and deadwood, new owners with more positive outlook, more emphasis on the academy etc can all be achieved in the Championship if we survive!

The bottom line is this years side would be at best a top 10 club in this years League 1 so anyone thinking we''d do a Leicester would probably be very disapointed!