Sign in to follow this  
pink lady

Zema

i noticed that worthy started with zema last night. i hope that this isn''t a sign that he is gonna offer zema a contract for next season. we should sell him now while we can get money for him, and not let the same happen to him as what happened to Marshall, kenton and now rivers of leaving for free when when should have cashed in!

wot do you all think?

I feel we won''t get any money for him anyway given his injury record. I say get rid now, not worth it, and he will not do the business for us in the Prem.

We won''t get any money for him - he''s only got 2 months left on his deal. Also, who on earth was going to pay money for Rivers? I do find it funny that he''s gone down the road. Did anyone see the picture of him in the Evening News against Peterborough? The caption was titled "Unfit". Sums him up, really.

Didn''t Worthy say he was going to give Zema a chance. Seeing as NW likes to reward a good attitude towards fitness and training, I would say that Zema must have impressed during rehab and therefore deserves his opportunity. Who knows, he may surprise us all?

I met him at a school function for my eldest daughter.. hew was brilliant with the kids and a smashing bloke all round.. he doesnt deserve to be dumped. the way i see it Nigel is just looking after one of his lads by offering him a bit of a carrot and some support so that he can get back on track.. we all know that his injury record will probably stop him playing at a high level.. i think he was never the same player after the initial injury, when he was playing oout of his skin.. but with help he could do a turn for colchester, cambridge, peterboro, southend etc.. with the added bonus that the players see the club looking after one of its players down on his luck. Good for team spirit, see, and thats what will keep us up.

Give the lad a chance, then it is up to him. I did think at Yarmouth his thighs seemed much smaller than they used to be, may be my imagination, but I would think it would take him a long time to get back to how he used to be. But good luck to him, apparently his attitude has always been first class.

Reading the match report of the Selangor game it sounds like he played well, scoring a disallowed goal and setting up francis with a nice one two. He may never be a first choice striker for us but with the size of our squad and relative lack of target men, he could be a very useful sub, especially if he gives his all to the club.

Our performance next season will depend more on team spirit and hard work than individuals'' talents so trust Worthy!

Abbey deserves a chance. Personally I don''t think he''ll make the grade in the Premiership as a striker. But that question mark hangs over all our strikers.

As Abbey''s short term deal will have ended after the transfer deadline Worthy won''t be able to get a replacement, so we''ll have to view it as a bonus if he makes any sort of meaningful contribution next season. I hope he does.

We''ve got to give the poor guy a go. He hasn''t even played a full game and people are moaning about him! Worthy wouldn''t have given him a 3 month contract if he didn''t think Abbey could hack it. Lets see what he can do. If he doesn''t do it for us, we''ll say bye and wish him well