Sign in to follow this  
3canaries

WIll 47 points be enough

I used the predictor to calculate our results over the next 13 games.  I''ve been as honest as possible...

League Calculator

TeamPldWDLFAWDLFAPtsGD
Norwich City46105

838282615174247-15

Your predictions:

Birmingham City20Norwich City
Blackpool11Norwich City
Charlton Athletic11Norwich City
Ipswich Town30Norwich City
Norwich City20Burnley
Norwich City10Cardiff City
Norwich City21Coventry City
Norwich City30Plymouth Argyle
Norwich City02Reading
Norwich City01Sheffield Wednesday
Norwich City22Watford
Queens Park Rangers10Norwich City
Swansea City40Norwich City

You may wish to do the same, the only sticking point is that I found the calculator on the scummers fanzine website.  Link is ...

http://www.clubfanzine.com/ipswich_town/v2.leagueCalculator.php?step=2&lge=2

I think realistically we''ll only get 4 more wins with a further 3 draws (I''ve even said we''ll lose heavily to Ipswich).

Tried to be honest too and we were safe in 16th with 50. Interestingly a side effect of my predictions put Swansea in second at the expense of Wolves.

League Calculator

TeamPldWDLFAWDLFAPtsGD
Norwich City46125

Your predictions:

Birmingham City05Norwich City
Blackpool05Norwich City
Charlton Athletic05Norwich City
Ipswich Town05Norwich City
Norwich City50Burnley
Norwich City50Cardiff City
Norwich City00Coventry City
Norwich City50Plymouth Argyle
Norwich City50Reading
Norwich City50Sheffield Wednesday
Norwich City50Watford
Queens Park Rangers05Norwich City
Swansea City05Norwich City

[quote user="ohh uhh lee power"]

League Calculator

TeamPldWDLFAWDLFAPtsGD
Norwich City46125

Your predictions:

Birmingham City05Norwich City
Blackpool05Norwich City
Charlton Athletic05Norwich City
Ipswich Town05Norwich City
Norwich City50Burnley
Norwich City50Cardiff City
Norwich City00Coventry City
Norwich City50Plymouth Argyle
Norwich City50Reading
Norwich City50Sheffield Wednesday
Norwich City50Watford
Queens Park Rangers05Norwich City
Swansea City05Norwich City

[/quote]

Only a 0-0 draw against Coventry?

i did this last week and got us to 46 points, 3 wins against Burnley, Sheff Wed and Watford, and 4 draws against Coventry, Blackpool, Plymouth and Charlton. I think after we beat Burnley this Sat we will only take 3 points from the next 18 before home wins against Sheff Wed and Watford sandwiching a defeat at Swansea. Unfortunately i think we will lose our next 2 matches meaning we will need to win away at Charlton to guarantee survival, i can see us mustering no more than a draw and with results conspiring against us elsewhere we will be relegated....... but God i hope i''m wrong!!!  

[quote user="Kathy"]Tried to be honest too and we were safe in 16th with 50. Interestingly a side effect of my predictions put Swansea in second at the expense of Wolves.[/quote]

How do you get us onto 50 pts Kathy, where are the points coming from?

Burnley - Home - 1pt
Coventry - Home - 3pts
QPR - Away - 1pt
Blackpool - Away - 1pt
Cardiff - Home - 0pt
Plymouth - Home - 3pts
Birmingham - Away - 0pts
Sheffield Wednesday - Home - 3pts
Swansea - Away - 0pts
Watford - Home - 3pts
Ipswich - Away - 1pt
Reading - Home - 0pts
Charlton - Away - 1pt

This would put us on 49, but would rely on us getting some draws away from home and winning 4 of our last 6 home games (although all look winable). Theres a chance we could get more at places like Blackpool and Charlton but at the moment I wouldn''t want to predict an away win.

I didnt do anything about any other teams, so not sure how this weighs up against other teams but I think either way we are already relying on others losing cos some teams have 2 or 3 games in hand.

Historically you need what 53/54 points? Fingers crossed eh!

As it''s going to be so tight the other thing that could make a big difference is goal difference. For once, we''re not that bad in this department, so got to hope that the games we do lose we avoid a pasting. And hopefully manage to win a couple of games by more than one goal.

[quote user="eagle"]

Burnley - Home - 1pt
Coventry - Home - 3pts
QPR - Away - 1pt
Blackpool - Away - 1pt
Cardiff - Home - 0pt
Plymouth - Home - 3pts
Birmingham - Away - 0pts
Swansea - Away - 0pts
Watford - Home - 3pts
Ipswich - Away - 1pt
Reading - Home - 0pts
Charlton - Away - 1pt

This would put us on 49, but would rely on us getting some draws away from home and winning 4 of our last 6 home games (although all look winable). Theres a chance we could get more at places like Blackpool and Charlton but at the moment I wouldn''t want to predict an away win.

I didnt do anything about any other teams, so not sure how this weighs up against other teams but I think either way we are already relying on others losing cos some teams have 2 or 3 games in hand.

[/quote]

How do you see us getting a point at QPR or even Blackpool or Charlton on current away form??

i have done bbc predictor and have us staying up on goal difference on 42 points!!

Charlton, Southampton and Watford to go down.

Who could have predicted three seasons ago that these 3 teams and us would be battling the relegation places out?

I had us safe with a couple of games to go, mainly because Forest were stuck on only 40 points.  They have got a very tough run of fixtures before their final 2 games and the new manager effect seems to have worn off.  I think our home games will see us through.  Wins against Watford, Plymouth, Coventry and maybe 2 of Cardiff, Burnley, Wednesday & Reading.  Add in a couple of away points and we should just make it.  fingers & everything crossed!!

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="eagle"]

Burnley - Home - 1pt
Coventry - Home - 3pts
QPR - Away - 1pt
Blackpool - Away - 1pt
Cardiff - Home - 0pt
Plymouth - Home - 3pts
Birmingham - Away - 0pts
Swansea - Away - 0pts
Watford - Home - 3pts
Ipswich - Away - 1pt
Reading - Home - 0pts
Charlton - Away - 1pt

[/quote]

How do you see us getting a point at QPR or even Blackpool or Charlton on current away form??

[/quote]

Well during our current away form we got a point at Wolves and Doncaster so how is that easier than QPR, Blackpool and Charlton? It''s difficult predicting because the Championship is difficult to predict. As I said elsewhere - would anyone have predicted 8 points from games against Wolves, Sheff Utd and Brum and yet only 4 points from games against Southampton, Watford and Charlton.