Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Who reads the players rallying rubbish?

I SSE RUSSELL IS AT IT AGAIN,SPOUTING BOLLOCKS THAT IS.I''VE LOST COUNT OF THE TIMES THAT MAN HAS BEEN PREECHING TO THE PRESS.IF THE MAN DIDNT HAVE THE TOUCH LIKE MICHEAL JACKSON IN A NURSERY PERHAPS WE WOULDNT BE IN SUCH A MESS.

I see what you are saying, but it''s not really there fault.

They are always being interviewed and if Darell is asked what the team needs to do?

What should he do? Decline to answer the question?

YES,I THINK THEY SHOULD ACTUALLY DECLINE BECAUSE EACH TIME THEY COME OUT AND SHOUT "WE HAVE TO WIN THIS,AND WE HAVE TO DO THAT". WHEN THEY DONT ACTUALLY DO IT THEY ARE SETTING THEMSELVES UP FOR GRIEF FROM FRUSRATED SUPPORTERS LIKE ME.

[quote user="pennywise "]if they said nothing you`d  be moaning that the silence is deafening   [:D][/quote]

I would prefer they said nothing than the weekly/daily battle cry "were up for the fight" which has been recyclyed for the last few seasons, they have showed they are not. Lazy journalism, filling column inches with what they think we want to hear. Well we do want to hear it, but theres no point in saying it when its a load of crap!

[quote user="crowey66"]YES,I THINK THEY SHOULD ACTUALLY DECLINE BECAUSE EACH TIME THEY COME OUT AND SHOUT "WE HAVE TO WIN THIS,AND WE HAVE TO DO THAT". WHEN THEY DONT ACTUALLY DO IT THEY ARE SETTING THEMSELVES UP FOR GRIEF FROM FRUSRATED SUPPORTERS LIKE ME.[/quote]

Take your caps lock off. No need to shout at us[:)]

Maybe it''s a good idea to put ourselves in their position. What would we say if reporter''s and jounalist''s came up to us on a regular basis. There is only so much that can be said isn''t there. Unless of course you would fancy completely rocking the boat and saying what you honestly thought of the team, it''s chances and all that.

Russell must be really embarrassed. How many rallying cries has he done now over the last three seasons? He gets totally ignored because from were Im sat nothing ever changes. You would have thought he would get fed up of losing all the time and get his head down and start earning the club some points. The sad thing is, like many other current City players, he simply isnt good enough and no amount of hard work will change that.

I''ve ignored this bilge for a long time now. It''s always the same old platitudinous rubbish. Brain rotting stuff. There''s is so much great writing that I''ve never read such as: Dickens, Steinbeck, Hardy and Conrad; so why should I waste my time with this piffle?

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="crowey66"]YES,I THINK THEY SHOULD ACTUALLY DECLINE BECAUSE EACH TIME THEY COME OUT AND SHOUT "WE HAVE TO WIN THIS,AND WE HAVE TO DO THAT". WHEN THEY DONT ACTUALLY DO IT THEY ARE SETTING THEMSELVES UP FOR GRIEF FROM FRUSRATED SUPPORTERS LIKE ME.[/quote]

Take your caps lock off. No need to shout at us[:)]

[/quote]

He was so angry he didn''t do a caps lock, he actually held the ''shift'' key in place the entire time!

Archant actually have a computer programme that generates the player''s ''rallying'' articles. It randomly selects a different player each week and then generates a series of insipid, vacuous quotes that are thrown together in a vapid string of diarrhoea-like ramblings.

If you want an intelligent, well formed answer for a particular subject, don''t ask a footballer. What footballers say generally goes in one ear and out the other. They are not to be taken seriously.

[quote user="Grando"]Archant actually have a computer programme that generates the player''s ''rallying'' articles. It randomly selects a different player each week and then generates a series of insipid, vacuous quotes that are thrown together in a vapid string of diarrhoea-like ramblings.[/quote]

I think you might be right there Grando.I had a quick look back at some and all that changes in each article is the name and photo.Quite easy really!

The vast majority of interviews by players is utter Betty, it''s scripted.  To be fair, what are they meant to say? "Yes we''re dreadful defensively and are going down".  We moan when they do say something positive, yet when Huck''s said "This is probably the worst squad I''ve been involved in since joining Norwich" he was slated by the majority of people. Let''s be honest - they can''t win.

What really annoys me is the fact they think the last few games are ''massive''.  If they had that attidude from August and treated every game as a ''must win'' right from the start we wouldn''t be in such a bloody mess now.

[quote user="Shifty Sid"]What really annoys me is the fact they think the last few games are ''massive''.  If they had that attidude from August and treated every game as a ''must win'' right from the start we wouldn''t be in such a bloody mess now.
[/quote]

Spot on!!!

Unfortunately we live in such a media-saturated age that everything has been said and done before and words have lost all meaning. Every player is a "star" or an "ace", every game a "must-win", every goal "vital", every win "powering to victory", every defeat a "debacle", every piece of criticism, constructive or not is an example of one who "slams".

Very few people, especially journalists, write anything fresh, heartfelt or inciteful, so to be fair, footballers, natures D student, can hardly be expected to buck the trend.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I just avoid it totally these days, its meaninless crap now.[/quote]I couldn''t agree more... Let the football do the talking instead of feable interviews that amount to nothing.If they do insist on getting in the press, I''d like one of them to simply say ''We''re ashamed of where we are. We''re letting everyone down. We need to grow some balls and to do better.''Because, as they''ve already proven, they''ve got the ability. They just don''t do it regularly.

[quote user="crowey66"]I SSE RUSSELL IS AT IT AGAIN,SPOUTING BOLLOCKS THAT IS.I''VE LOST COUNT OF THE TIMES THAT MAN HAS BEEN PREECHING TO THE PRESS.IF THE MAN DIDNT HAVE THE TOUCH LIKE MICHEAL JACKSON IN A NURSERY PERHAPS WE WOULDNT BE IN SUCH A MESS.[/quote][IMG]http://maddox.xmission.com/keyboard4.jpg[/IMG]