Sign in to follow this  
Rasputin was a C...

Silly Suffolk Blues

The following quote comes from the marvelous Canary Corner message boards on rivals.net.

"You won''t be laughing if we get taken over a rich sugar daddy. But you will be as green as your shirts with envy though!!. Relegation will not happen at Portman Road. Comfortable midtable for us."

The question I have to ask is this, who the hell is going to buy Piswich? Would any of you buy a sinking ship? I know I wouldn''t.

Ah well, "thats the way the cookie crumbles".

What happened to the guy from Bury St. Edmunds who Norwich sent on his way after he ''said'' he wanted to invest £4m? Didn''t he become a tractor boy overnight?
Perhaps he only wanted to invest 5p in the pound at the financial role model for smaller clubs.

oh dear, the binners are suffering from delusion again - being taken over by a rich sugar daddy!

and someone tell them, we don''t wear green shirts lol

the biggest word in that quote (And thanks for providing it for us bob), is IF

a big word if, and ipswich fans, don''t hold your breath, the way you treat investors and local businesses, no one, and i mean NO ONE is ever going to invest in your club

Personally, I found the phrase "comfortable mid table" far more telling.

Fancy starting the season aspiring to be an average mid table outfit. With due respect to all concerned that''d be the expectation for the likes of Crewe, Gillingham and Rotherham - and the newly promoted teams.

Oh deary deary me

re. the idiot ''fan'' who wanted to invest.. all p*** and wind. I recall some Ippy Mug sending him flowers and begging him to invest in them.. hahaha.. The bloke had his 15 minutes of fame and slipped off back under whatever rock he climbed out of.