Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

The Strike Force!

We are seriously lacking in firepower at the moment;

Cureton - Having a tough time as a Norwich player but hope things will turn out well soon.

MacDonald - Has a good record but 5 leagues below us!

Gow - Just doesn''t look like a goalscorer to me

Killen - Has not played enough to let me have a fair judgement on him yet

Cort - Looks more and more livley after every match, could be vital come the end of the season.

So just who do we play upfront ??

Surley it must be Cort and another??

Thats All[:^)]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]I''d play Cort and Killen with Hoolahan behind them. Simple and effective. [Y]
[/quote]

may be cureton for me, loves playing off the target man!

I''m inclined to agree but Cureton has missed sitter after sitter this season, targetman or not. With City in the bottom three I don''t think we can afford to stick by him.

[quote user="The Original Pinkun Poster"]

We are seriously lacking in firepower at the moment;

Cureton - Having a tough time as a Norwich player but hope things will turn out well soon.

MacDonald - Has a good record but 5 leagues below us!

Gow - Just doesn''t look like a goalscorer to me

Killen - Has not played enough to let me have a fair judgement on him yet

Cort - Looks more and more livley after every match, could be vital come the end of the season.

So just who do we play upfront ??

Surley it must be Cort and another??

[/quote]

Killen simply has to get fit and play alongside Cort, we need ball holding ability up the park to take the pressure off. Poor Cureton it seems he never could cope when there were expectations on him and there is no reason to assume he would do now. As a ''confidence'' player, he never seems to have any at this level (not helped by previous appalling management). Ironically I think we should hold onto him as he would undoubtedly do a good job for us in league 1.

We''ve missed it my friend - should''ve been Cort and Lupoli - what a partnership!However, Lupoli sent packing because he had a bad attitude (watching Cureton recalled and picked ahead of him!!). Name me a good striker with a good attitude? We''ll go down with the nicest bunch of lads in the Championship, and won''t we all feel better for that.

[quote user="The Original Pinkun Poster"]

[/quote]

Welcome to the site.

Sorry off topic but have to ask whats the relevance of your user name 

Thats All[:^)] [:D]

Don''t forget Gunn still has the option to play Russell as a striker, lets face it he has started more times up front than Cureton has this season. 

Gunn does seem to have hold of the Glenn Roeder team selection and tactics book and is going through it page by page but now he has 2 big men in Cort and Killen i really cannot see him using Russell up front., my bet would be he starts with Cort and Cureton .

Personally I think it goes deeper than that, as I see it we have no pace up front, conqequently opposing teams can defend higher up the pitch which in turn means our midfileld is often outnumbered. We need a Lita type player on an emergency loan as soon as possible, somebody who will put the opposing defence on the "back foot" and make them think twice about defending a "high line".  

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="The Original Pinkun Poster"]

[/quote]

Welcome to the site.

Sorry off topic but have to ask whats the relevance of your user name 

Thats All[:^)] [:D]

[/quote]

None what-so-ever