Sign in to follow this  
The Voice Of Reason

FOR THOSE WHO SAID GAMES IN HAND WOULDN'T BE WON

Today''s league table and results list will emphatically answer the question - Can teams around us win games in hand?

Now we have situation where 14 of the bottom 16 clubs in the Coca Cola have played less games than City. It is an impossibility for all of them to win as they have to play each other, however some of them will win their games. If the teams immediately around us continue to pick up points we are doomed to the ignomy of local derbies against Southend, Colchester and wait for it, Peterborough. Thats if we don''t have to be humiliated by seeing P''boro getting promoted as we slide into oblivion.

Since Leeds are shooting themselves in the foot, we won''t even have the biggest ground in Div 3.

I love City, always have, always will, but its killing me

[quote user="Grim Roeder"]

Today''s league table and results list will emphatically answer the question - Can teams around us win games in hand?

Now we have situation where 14 of the bottom 16 clubs in the Coca Cola have played less games than City. It is an impossibility for all of them to win as they have to play each other, however some of them will win their games. If the teams immediately around us continue to pick up points we are doomed to the ignomy of local derbies against Southend, Colchester and wait for it, Peterborough. Thats if we don''t have to be humiliated by seeing P''boro getting promoted as we slide into oblivion.

Since Leeds are shooting themselves in the foot, we won''t even have the biggest ground in Div 3.

I love City, always have, always will, but its killing me

[/quote]

I feel you pain brother,i feel your pain! And you post is spot on by the way.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I don''t think anyone said that teams couldn''t win their games in hand.

I think the point is they won''t win them all.[/quote]They won''t bloody have to now,  because we sure as hell won''t win all our remaining games.

Just hope that Plymouth don''t get new manager and that Ipswich win tonight, both would be a big help.