Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH CROFT!!!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

Is he going to sign or not - this negotiations have been going on for weeks, the cleub must be fairly confident he will sign or surely they would have sold him in january.

i can smell another monumentous fcuk up from the board

[/quote]

He wont sign s##t! A new contarct would require a higher salary. Poor crofty needs to spread his wings. His career is wasted at our sorry club. I wouldnt hold it against him if he left.

Things have changed since Jan... we''ve gone from outsiders for relegation to one of the favorites...  If you were a player who''s name was getting mentioned with lower prem sides, would you really want to tie yourself to a new deal at a club that may well be playing in league one next season?

My guess is, he''ll not sign a new contract until we are safe, if that happens.

It''s all about money....If the average Prem wage is now £1.1m, what will Croft be looking for? And, given our current uncertain future, what realistically can we afford to pay?

If you were Croft, would you want to sign a new contract with a club that is probably heading for League One when you could go to a top Championship side or even a lower Premiership club?

I thought not.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]My guess is, this will drag on until end of season and then he will leave.[/quote]

Could be Way maybe the club don''t want to comit either at present. Relegation could mean a massive drop in player wages so why contract to pay what you wont have.

[quote user="Binky"]It''s all about money....If the average Prem wage is now £1.1m, what will Croft be looking for? And, given our current uncertain future, what realistically can we afford to pay?[/quote]Well whatever the average Prem wage is Croft won''t be getting it, he isn''t good enough to deserve wages like that!

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]My guess is, this will drag on until end of season and then he will leave.[/quote]

Could be Way maybe the club don''t want to comit either at present. Relegation could mean a massive drop in player wages so why contract to pay what you wont have.

[/quote]

That''s my way of thinking too, if he was going to sign he would have done it before now.  This is going the way so many contracts talks have done in the past.

I wouldn''t blame Crofty at all if he wanted to leave.

Don''t blame the man, I mean would you sign a new deal at this place?! We''re in melt down.

Croft and Clingan are the first absolute definite players on their way this summer.

[quote user="Jonzey"]

Don''t blame the man, I mean would you sign a new deal at this place?! We''re in melt down.

Croft and Clingan are the first absolute definite players on their way this summer.

[/quote]

Add Marshy to that

He''s off. Even if we stay up he''ll get a better deal elsewhere. Can''t say I blame him particularly. Certainly won''t hold it against him - the club should''ve offered him a decent new contract much earlier if they wanted to make sure they could keep him.

[quote user="komakino"]If you were Croft, would you want to sign a new contract with a club that is probably heading for League One when you could go to a top Championship side or even a lower Premiership club? I thought not.[/quote]

A post that makes perfect sense...but of course you are wron it is the boards fault!!!![;)]

With relegation a possibility/probability?If you were in Croft''s shoes would you want to play in Division 1 when better teams in the Championship have been sniffing around. If discussions are the form, "If we stay up we can offer you £x, if we are relegated that it''s reduced to £y, would you sign?Perhaps it suits the club even. There is little selling value now. If we are relegated, they will want to pay lower wages as gate receipts are likely to fall. Perhaps the club  are dragging their heels.In a word the problem is "uncertainty".