Sign in to follow this  
Lennon7

Just back from the Reserves match!

there arent many in the youth that look good enoughid say that stephens, dumic, lathrope, daley and rudd are good enoughsteer is one for the future as well...aside from that we are still struggling for quality.

I would only agree with Rudd and Daley, Dumic is a possibility aswell. I am not sure why Rudd is not in goal for the reserves rather than on the bench.

I would say that Tom looks decent but needs more time in the weight room, he did not have enough time on the field to gain any further comments from me.

[quote user="jetstream"]Weird how we all see things differently.

i thought Lappin was anonymous apart from one shot in the first half, looked slow and ponderous. In the second half he looked a bit better but in general, no, he wouldn''t be in the first team if it was my call.

Pattison was woeful and it''s easy to see why he''s not in the first 16. Leijer didn''t impress either.

Carney looked off the pace in the first half but much better in the second before he went off.

Jamie/Killen....both looked generally poor.

As for our goal, I could have sworn it was Lappin that scored it and that the announcer on the PA had made an error - certainly everyone around us seemed to think the same. I see the official site has credited Jamie as well so maybe it was him - it was a good left-footed strike from an out-swinging corner.

Bright spot for me was Corey Smith at right-back - one for the near-future?[/quote]Agreed - on your first point anyway! No-one really stood out for me but Lappin had a part in nearly every serious threat on goal - granted there weren''t that many though. He set up a good chance for Killen when he volleyed back from the line in the first half and as well as setting up Cureton''s goal in the second (I too, thought it had been Lappin  who had scored) he apparently hit the woodwork from a free-kick (couldn''t see that in the gloom from the Barclaystand). Clearly Lappin needs matches and yes, he was even better in the second half. I think he could actually create chances and pose a threat: I''d give him a short trial as sub at least. More so than Pattison - disagree he was woeful - he put in a lot of effort and made it difficult for Barnet but I accept he didn''t really achieve much on the creative sideI agree Corey Smith shows promise - but he made some bad mistakes last night. the worst was in the second half when he tried a fancy back heel whilst facing Nelson in our goal - it worked and the waiting Barnet forward should have had an easy goal but he ballonned it over. Smith understandably held his head in his hands in relief. If Stephens has sufficient technique and agility within his big frame, he could be a very useful defender.