Sign in to follow this  
Lennon7

Just back from the Reserves match!

I thought Lappin was bloody brilliant on the Left.

Carney had his moments,

And Jamie scored with a nice finish!

[quote user="Dan-NCFC"]

I thought Lappin was bloody brilliant on the Left.

Carney had his moments,

And Jamie scored with a nice finish!

[/quote]nice one - we''re in the bottom 3 by the way!!!and yeah - needs must - maybe lappin on the left - with hooley in the hole behind cort/gow/killen would do the trick...

I had to get my bus so missed the last 5 minutes, but when I left it was 1-1

The scored from a corner, bad defending. The Jamie put one away in the second half.

Average performance really. Pattison put alot of effort in, really got stuck in. But Lappin was the best player on the pitch. He looked sharp, with a very good first touch!

Just heard about the bottom 3, Oh gawd!!

I went as well.

Thought Carney was our best player and Laps had a decent game too, put a bit into it.

Have to say I thought Chris Killen was rubbish. Looks a very bad signing on the basis of that. Leijer did a bit better but not enough to suggest he''s going to be much use in the first team.

Pattison put in a bit of work but made a mess of too many simple things, needs to learn to take better care of the ball.

[quote user="GJP"]

I went as well.

Thought Carney was our best player and Laps had a decent game too, put a bit into it.

Have to say I thought Chris Killen was rubbish. Looks a very bad signing on the basis of that. Leijer did a bit better but not enough to suggest he''s going to be much use in the first team.

Pattison put in a bit of work but made a mess of too many simple things, needs to learn to take better care of the ball.

[/quote]ouch gjp - thats bad news re killen and leijer...

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="GJP"]

I went as well.

[/quote]

ouch gjp - thats bad news re killen and leijer...
[/quote]

You could probably put forward an argument to say that Killen hasn''t had much playing time recently but even if that is the case we can''t really afford to give him that time. Although, to be honest, I really don''t think he''s likely to come on leaps and bounds with games under his belt. If Gunn thinks he''s the way forward then we''re in big trouble.

Leijer looked ok for a young lad who hasn''t played a lot but at the same time he didn''t look anything special at all. Thought our lad alongside him, David Stephens, did alright. Decent build and a bit of pace, showed his inexperience a few times but looked promising.

I''ve also just got back and am glad to see that everyone agree''s that Lappin was outstanding tonight. Surely a must for saturday. Jamie made good runs but was not given the service. Killen didn''t play brilliantly 1st half but 2nd half won his fair share of flick ons. Renton missed a sitter and we were offside way too much.

I also got back and heard the news: We''re in the bottom 3! (In my opinion it''s been coming and with other teams having as many as 3 games in hand of us, it was bound to happen)

Hopefully we can put a lot of effort in and get a few points in the next few games to push us away from the "relegation zone".

Carney had a good first half, Lappin was our best in the second. Lappin was unlucky with a free kick at the end. Carney played on the right, maybe because Lappin can only play on the left, but he looked comfortable there. Carney is a strong positive direct player as we saw at Wolves and I would have thought was closer to a first team start than Lappin. Luke Daley impressed me a bit when he came on, that lad has pace. And Adeyemi looks like the real deal to me. I''m hoping those two youngsters can break through to the first team in time.

If we do go down these youngsters will probably be first team players next season as Delia and Co slash the budgets and costs. Personally, I''d rather support the kids giving it their all than a bunch of loanees wit no long-term committment to the club.  

[quote user="crafty canary"]If we do go down these youngsters will probably be first team players next season as Delia and Co slash the budgets and costs. Personally, I''d rather support the kids giving it their all than a bunch of loanees wit no long-term committment to the club.  [/quote]

Provided we have kids that would give it their all. As we''ve seen in recent seasons it isn''t necessarily the case that the youngsters will put the effort in.

I went tonight too - I''m Lappin''s biggest fan but there were times I thought he could do with a bit more pace. Maybe he just looked casual. He did penetrate the defence several times and needed someone to play quickly with him. A couple of times I thought he was going to have a pop at goal but he seemed too content to try and thread neat little balls through the defence - maybe he was obeying orders. No-one was outstanding but Lappin (skill and willingness to run) and Pattison (strength and energy) stood out and Carney did too in flashes - his final delivery was a bit disappointing though. Killen did not impress and needs to sharpen up - he had two good chances - one in the first half when Lappin raced the ball to the line and then volleyed across goal to Killen who should have buried it. He didn''t. Good to see Lappin in a midfield role and he worked well with Eagle (Eagle a left back?) but I was  disappointed that Lappin and Pattison could not interact more.Leijher did OK. Stephens is a big bloke isn''t he? Couldn''t make up my mind whether he was slow or just gave that impression. I''d hate to be in the back four playing in front of Nelson - he barks orders like a foghorn almost none stop. (The ref started in a black top, changed to a bright red top during the first half and came out in a green one int he second!).

I think we played terribly tonight <.< Pattison seemed to slow play down, Cureton looked nervous and had no confidence at all. Killen seemed too slow. Drawing against with barnet is a big dissapointment for me I was soo bored until the second half seemed abit better. Lappin MOTM imo

Oh and meant to add - Lappin won a good few balls in the air - don''t recall that being part of his repertoire!

[quote user="Binky"]Oh and meant to add - Lappin won a good few balls in the air - don''t recall that being part of his repertoire![/quote]He''s had a long time to work on it in training....

Weird how we all see things differently.

i thought Lappin was anonymous apart from one shot in the first half, looked slow and ponderous. In the second half he looked a bit better but in general, no, he wouldn''t be in the first team if it was my call.

Pattison was woeful and it''s easy to see why he''s not in the first 16. Leijer didn''t impress either.

Carney looked off the pace in the first half but much better in the second before he went off.

Jamie/Killen....both looked generally poor.

As for our goal, I could have sworn it was Lappin that scored it and that the announcer on the PA had made an error - certainly everyone around us seemed to think the same. I see the official site has credited Jamie as well so maybe it was him - it was a good left-footed strike from an out-swinging corner.

Bright spot for me was Corey Smith at right-back - one for the near-future?

I cannot agree more that we see things differently, Korey Smith was terrible, no pace and he seemed to want to grab his player as I think he knows if he is against a quick winger he''s in trouble, the only decent young player on the field was Daley, very quick and seems to have a good pass on him. Stephens is very slow and again against a quality forward he would struggle. I would agree that Lappin was the best player but it stuck out like a sore thumb that he needs matches. I will point out again that it was a massive mistake to withdraw out reserves from the league.

[quote user="jetstream"]Weird how we all see things differently. i thought Lappin was anonymous apart from one shot in the first half, looked slow and ponderous. In the second half he looked a bit better but in general, no, he wouldn''t be in the first team if it was my call. Pattison was woeful and it''s easy to see why he''s not in the first 16. Leijer didn''t impress either. Carney looked off the pace in the first half but much better in the second before he went off. Jamie/Killen....both looked generally poor. As for our goal, I could have sworn it was Lappin that scored it and that the announcer on the PA had made an error - certainly everyone around us seemed to think the same. I see the official site has credited Jamie as well so maybe it was him - it was a good left-footed strike from an out-swinging corner. Bright spot for me was Corey Smith at right-back - one for the near-future?[/quote]

You see Jetstream, you''re so strung out on Jamie, your brain refuses to see him score.......even when he does![;)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="jetstream"]Weird how we all see things differently. i thought Lappin was anonymous apart from one shot in the first half, looked slow and ponderous. In the second half he looked a bit better but in general, no, he wouldn''t be in the first team if it was my call. Pattison was woeful and it''s easy to see why he''s not in the first 16. Leijer didn''t impress either. Carney looked off the pace in the first half but much better in the second before he went off. Jamie/Killen....both looked generally poor. As for our goal, I could have sworn it was Lappin that scored it and that the announcer on the PA had made an error - certainly everyone around us seemed to think the same. I see the official site has credited Jamie as well so maybe it was him - it was a good left-footed strike from an out-swinging corner. Bright spot for me was Corey Smith at right-back - one for the near-future?[/quote]

You see Jetstream, you''re so strung out on Jamie, your brain refuses to see him score.......even when he does![;)]

[/quote]or perrhaps your obsession with him is leading you to polish a turd....?

[quote user="bryan baldie baldric"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]
or perrhaps your obsession with him is leading you to polish a turd....?
[/quote]

If Jamie''s future goals save us............guess what?

I would echo everything you say here. I thought Pattison was poor for most of the game and Cureton and Killen offered little up top.

Maybe I am expecting too much but I agree that Carney and Lappin both had poor first halves.

I also thought that Lappin scored, if it was Cureton then it must have hit him and went in. I could be wrong though.

I also agree that Smith was good.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="bryan baldie baldric"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]or perrhaps your obsession with him is leading you to polish a turd....?[/quote]

If Jamie''s future goals save us............guess what?

[/quote]if that happens i will happily eat humble pie...not that i think that will happen.

Match report on official site says Lappin hit the volley and Jamie ''diverted'' it in.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/Reserves/0,,10355~1559301,00.html

"Seven minutes in to the second half City drew level as Simon Lappin met Damon Lathrope''s corner with a crisp volley that Jamie Cureton diverted home from close range."

[quote user="jetstream"]Match report on official site says Lappin hit the volley and Jamie ''diverted'' it in. http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/Reserves/0,,10355~1559301,00.html "Seven minutes in to the second half City drew level as Simon Lappin met Damon Lathrope''s corner with a crisp volley that Jamie Cureton diverted home from close range."[/quote]

So now they have to be 30 yard screamers yes?

[quote user="birdman"]I cannot agree more that we see things differently, Korey Smith was terrible, no pace and he seemed to want to grab his player as I think he knows if he is against a quick winger he''s in trouble, the only decent young player on the field was Daley, very quick and seems to have a good pass on him. Stephens is very slow and again against a quality forward he would struggle. I would agree that Lappin was the best player but it stuck out like a sore thumb that he needs matches. I will point out again that it was a massive mistake to withdraw out reserves from the league.[/quote]

I wouldn''t say Korey Smith was terrible but would agree he didn''t look particularly comfortable at fullback. I don''t know a lot about the lad, is that his usual position?

I like the look of Luke Daley and his pace would put him ahead of Cureton and Killen for me. We don''t have any pace upfront and we could really use some, what he lacks in experience he might just make up for in pace.

As for David Stephens I thought he looked a bit nervy, especially at the start, but I wouldn''t label him slow, Leijer looked slower. Stephens looked like he had a bit of promise, despite several moments where his inexperience showed. 

[quote user="GJP"]

I wouldn''t say Korey Smith was terrible but would agree he didn''t look particularly comfortable at fullback. I don''t know a lot about the lad, is that his usual position?

[/quote]

Smith normally plays centre mid for the U18''s I think.