Sign in to follow this  
Spartan

some posters on here are actually looking forward to the drop!!!!!

Reading some of the messages its evident that some supporters are actually relishing the drop, so much so they are steaming ahead with buying their season tickets ready for League 1. They are going to support Norwich through thick and thin and will be even happier when we successfully reach League 2!!!! Take a reality check and look at the real consequences of dropping a division, with the knock on effect of diminished crowds, even less income, travelling to grounds that five years ago would have been laughable, losing the couple of decent players that we actually own, and sinking further into the financial mire. Our inept board are now reaping the rewards of countless mistakes, over prudence, lack of openess with and respect for fans, disastrous appointments, wasted income, and total lack of vision coupled with woeful ambition. Gunny and crew deserve a medal each and handsome bonus if by some miracle they keep us up, but will the board then show ambition, purpose, and common sense. The answer is no, and this is what condemns the club to the wilderness. Pride of East Anglia? We''ve become a laughing stock, particularly to our neighbours across the border.

I''ve never been to Yeovil before. Every cloud, eh? ;o)

We''re not down yet though, and there''s some very important games to come. We''ll turn it around, i''m sure.

But whether we do or not, i''ll still be there at Carrow Road next season. The division we''re playing in will never affect that. If it does, you may as well go and support Man United, because you''re obviously not in this for the right reasons.

[quote user="Spartan"]Reading some of the messages its evident that some supporters are actually relishing the drop, so much so they are steaming ahead with buying their season tickets ready for League 1. They are going to support Norwich through thick and thin and will be even happier when we successfully reach League 2!!!! Take a reality check and look at the real consequences of dropping a division, with the knock on effect of diminished crowds, even less income, travelling to grounds that five years ago would have been laughable, losing the couple of decent players that we actually own, and sinking further into the financial mire. Our inept board are now reaping the rewards of countless mistakes, over prudence, lack of openess with and respect for fans, disastrous appointments, wasted income, and total lack of vision coupled with woeful ambition. Gunny and crew deserve a medal each and handsome bonus if by some miracle they keep us up, but will the board then show ambition, purpose, and common sense. The answer is no, and this is what condemns the club to the wilderness. Pride of East Anglia? We''ve become a laughing stock, particularly to our neighbours across the border.[/quote]

Agreed, I detect a mentality that some people just fancy ticking off away grounds they haven''t been to and are relishing the opportunity of being a big fish in a small pond away at places like Northampton etc.

If you look at some of the grounds the away end is a gene kelly stand (singing in the rain) We only have one this season I think-Blackpool , but next season there are several.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

We''re doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED! [:''(] [:''(] [:''(]

[/quote]

Do you think we''ll stay up then Lappin?

Before I opened this thread I thought it was going to have an anti-anti-club sentiment (if that makes sense!).

I think the only people on here who appear to be looking forward to the drop are the Smudgers, CTs et al of this world. Then they can gloat and call Delia a trout

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

Before I opened this thread I thought it was going to have an anti-anti-club sentiment (if that makes sense!).

I think the only people on here who appear to be looking forward to the drop are the Smudgers, CTs et al of this world. Then they can gloat and call Delia a trout

[/quote]

totally wrong and it''s totally the opposite of that. they''re the posters who have been warning the rest of you of the way this club has been heading. the rest are divided between those who really don''t seem to care as long as they get an away day every other week with club cabbage, ie well I''ve never been to Yeovil before, or those so smug that they think we''ll stay up, ie Lappin''s post. Look at the table Lappin, we''re 22nd, and have played more games than everyone else. Your oh so witty posts of "we''re doomed" show how little you seem to care about it.

I don''t want my club to get relegated, noway! But the way it''s been falling, I think it is now a realistic proposition. We are not too good to go down as we used to be!

I''ve got so much respect for teams like Burnley, Hull City, etc... Who''ve in some sort of way made their own luck... Relegation would be devastating, yes, but if it happens I hope our youngsters, our great academy will benefit from it. We certainly wouldn''t need these overpaid prem. League wannabee''s on loan!

i would rather us stay up - but realistically speaking we do not have the finances nor the board or players to be competitive in this league, so even if we avoid it this year next will be even harder. with our current regime relegation to the third div of english football is inevitable, i just want to get it out of the way so the sooner the better, i cant take anymore of the last three years its absoulutley killing my passion for supporting city. At least in  league one we will be competing on a far more even playing field. some supporters including myself just want to get that passion back, and that only happens with victories and in this division they are to far and few between for a team like norwich

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

[/quote]

totally wrong and it''s totally the opposite of that. they''re the posters who have been warning the rest of you of the way this club has been heading. the rest are divided between those who really don''t seem to care as long as they get an away day every other week with club cabbage, ie well I''ve never been to Yeovil before, or those so smug that they think we''ll stay up, ie Lappin''s post. Look at the table Lappin, we''re 22nd, and have played more games than everyone else. Your oh so witty posts of "we''re doomed" show how little you seem to care about it.

[/quote]

Thanks for that Nostradamus. Are you really so far up yourself that you don''t think anyone other than your little coterie of agitators can see the writing on the wall? I hate to think of City in the third tier, but if we end up there it will be because we deserve to on results achieved. You can pontificate all you want about lack of investment in the playing side, Cullumgate and your hatred of Delia, but neither you or I can do anything about that * cue "we must march on Carra with pitchforks and lighted torches response"* so the choice is simply whether we continue to support the team or not. If you have any credibility at all you will never set foot inside Carrow Road again until we are back in what you clearly see as our rightful place in the Premiership. I, on the other hand will continue to support the team (not the board) however low we go,as I''m sure, will the likes of Lapp, who is anything but smug, and deserves better than to be derided by a fair weather supporter like you.

I do not want us to go down, but I believe we will go down. Last season was a warning as we only just stayed up - our totally inept board have been found out, it''s just left for the club to go through the motions and get relegated. The way this club has been run in the Delia era, we actually deserve it.

The arguement from many this season was that our home form would be enough to keep us up. Well as our home form isn''t good and our away form is perennially s***, that can only lead to one conclusion - relegation.

I wish we had Ipswichs problems - I don''t think they realise how lucky they are right now. Even with Magilton in charge.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

While I do respect the fact that you don''t want this club to go down, we''ll have to agree to disagree with this one Barclay Boy (although I now thought you were called Barclay Man?). As far as I can tell NO-ONE has said ''Oooh I can''t wait to get relelgated and then we can visit the Keepmoat Stadium and Spotland''. Even Lappin''s posts don''t express a desire to go down, they''re just mocking those posters who are continually negative. I''m sure Lappin does not want this club to go down in the slightest!

The only people who appear to actively want the club to go down, IMO, are those who want to rid us of the current board and think Cullum will be able to buy us for two shillings and a piece of string once we''re in League One. Or those who gloat every loss on these message boards, call the rest of us sheep for daring to attend a football match and never go to games themselves - be it Championship, League 1 or the Premiership

[quote user=""]

We''re not down yet though, and there''s some very important games to come. We''ll turn it around, i''m sure.

But whether we do or not, i''ll still be there at Carrow Road next season. The division we''re playing in will never affect that. If it does, you may as well go and support Man United, because you''re obviously not in this for the right reasons.

[/quote]Nice town and well run football club [;)](or at least I thought so until we sacked Russell Slade for winning 4 games in a row!! [:@])

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for that Nostradamus. Are you really so far up yourself that you don''t think anyone other than your little coterie of agitators can see the writing on the wall? I hate to think of City in the third tier, but if we end up there it will be because we deserve to on results achieved. You can pontificate all you want about lack of investment in the playing side, Cullumgate and your hatred of Delia, but neither you or I can do anything about that * cue "we must march on Carra with pitchforks and lighted torches response"* so the choice is simply whether we continue to support the team or not. If you have any credibility at all you will never set foot inside Carrow Road again until we are back in what you clearly see as our rightful place in the Premiership. I, on the other hand will continue to support the team (not the board) however low we go,as I''m sure, will the likes of Lapp, who is anything but smug, and deserves better than to be derided by a fair weather supporter like you.

[/quote]

I wholeheartedly second this!!!!

[quote user="Ciderkidd"][quote user=""]

[/quote]
Nice town and well run football club [;)]
(or at least I thought so until we sacked Russell Slade for winning 4 games in a row!! [:@])
[/quote]

There was a hint on 5Live last night that he was sacked because the Yeovil board found out he''d been talking to Plymouth.  Paul Sturrock may be for the chop.  Can''t they at least have the decency to wait until after March 14th??!!

[quote user="Spartan"]Reading some of the messages its evident that some supporters are actually relishing the drop, so much so they are steaming ahead with buying their season tickets ready for League 1. They are going to support Norwich through thick and thin and will be even happier when we successfully reach League 2!!!! Take a reality check and look at the real consequences of dropping a division, with the knock on effect of diminished crowds, even less income, travelling to grounds that five years ago would have been laughable, losing the couple of decent players that we actually own, and sinking further into the financial mire. Our inept board are now reaping the rewards of countless mistakes, over prudence, lack of openess with and respect for fans, disastrous appointments, wasted income, and total lack of vision coupled with woeful ambition. Gunny and crew deserve a medal each and handsome bonus if by some miracle they keep us up, but will the board then show ambition, purpose, and common sense. The answer is no, and this is what condemns the club to the wilderness. Pride of East Anglia? We''ve become a laughing stock, particularly to our neighbours across the border.[/quote]

If we do manage to stay up we will only face another relegation scrap next season. Im sick and tired of seeing us lose all the time. You''re right however, relegation could indeed be catasthropic, but I kind of see it as a new beginning. Its that choice you have to make. Do I want to see my team struggle week in week out for yet another season? Or do I want to see my team stand a chance of actually winning a few games, especially on the road? I dont want us to go down but realistically it is the only way things will ever change at the club. Delia has no intention of leaving. Another year in this division under the control of Delia Smith would almost certainly reduce me to tears. She is delerious! She hasnt got a clue that it is her who is responable for our downward spiral. Fair play to the woman for her investment but apart from that she has nothing to offer except terrible finance control and total neglect of the fans. Someone at some point along the line forgot that 25,000 fans pay alot of hard earned money to watch this team week in week out. I believe that person to be Delia Smith. Unless we see new investment prior to the end of the season, relegation would be for the greater good.

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

If we do manage to stay up we will only face another relegation scrap next season. Im sick and tired of seeing us lose all the time. You''re right however, relegation could indeed be catasthropic, but I kind of see it as a new beginning. Its that choice you have to make. Do I want to see my team struggle week in week out for yet another season? Or do I want to see my team stand a chance of actually winning a few games, especially on the road? I dont want us to go down but realistically it is the only way things will ever change at the club. Delia has no intention of leaving. Another year in this division under the control of Delia Smith would almost certainly reduce me to tears. She is delerious! She hasnt got a clue that it is her who is responable for our downward spiral. Fair play to the woman for her investment but apart from that she has nothing to offer except terrible finance control and total neglect of the fans. Someone at some point along the line forgot that 25,000 fans pay alot of hard earned money to watch this team week in week out. I believe that person to be Delia Smith. Unless we see new investment prior to the end of the season, relegation would be for the greater good.

[/quote]Hear, hear TheCanaryFan - but take cover, you will be labelled a "lower league pervert" etc, etc for putting forward an intelligent opinion......

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[/quote]

*chorus* The greater good....

[quote user="lappinitup"]Of course we will CA, no probs! There''s over a quarter of the season left. [Y][/quote]

Luton said that 18 months ago...........and they''re soon to be a non league side.[:S]