Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

A cunning plan

Right readers, I have been investigating the reasons - according to this board (message) - as to why we are currently in the bottom 3

1) the board are bleeding useless couldn''t run a bath etc etc (although they have achieved promotion in the past)

2) the management team have no experience and should not have put themselves in this position. - after all they''ve had three weeks to sort this out.

3) the keepers dodgy too many mistakes - forget about the match winning saves for the moment

4) the defence is awful / not interested  (all 7/8 who have played there this season?)

5) the midfield is weak can''t pass and are always caught out of position.(although they have contributed to a fair few goals between them)

6) The forward line can''t hit a barn door from 5 yards are not upto it (actually I don''t think I can say much here!)

7) the Fans well we''re fantastic - we DESERVE better we are hard done to etc etc etc. Well now''s our chance to prove it. When you are in a hole you need to turn to your strengths to help and support your weaknesses.

I lay down the gauntlet to you all. On Saturday can YOU stay positive for 90 mins accept that the useless lot in front of you need to be encouraged/supported from start to finish - oh and in between (remember Portsmouth 5 down against Arsenal in the F A Cup a few years ago).- Let''s practice what we preach, being the best supporters isn''t about how we react when things are going well it''s when your are needed most when things just aren''t happening. That time is now until the end of the season. - if we can do this then IMHO we will stay in this division

The last 2 games have been narrowly lost against good teams  - Bristol could have easily ended in a draw and Preston beaten once at home all season. It''s time to believe.

Over to you

O.T.B.C

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Right readers, I have been investigating the reasons - according to this board (message) - as to why we are currently in the bottom 3

1) the board are bleeding useless couldn''t run a bath etc etc (although they have achieved promotion in the past)

2) the management team have no experience and should not have put themselves in this position. - after all they''ve had three weeks to sort this out.

3) the keepers dodgy too many mistakes - forget about the match winning saves for the moment

4) the defence is awful / not interested  (all 7/8 who have played there this season?)

5) the midfield is weak can''t pass and are always caught out of position.(although they have contributed to a fair few goals between them)

6) The forward line can''t hit a barn door from 5 yards are not upto it (actually I don''t think I can say much here!)

7) the Fans well we''re fantastic - we DESERVE better we are hard done to etc etc etc. Well now''s our chance to prove it. When you are in a hole you need to turn to your strengths to help and support your weaknesses.

I lay down the gauntlet to you all. On Saturday can YOU stay positive for 90 mins accept that the useless lot in front of you need to be encouraged/supported from start to finish - oh and in between (remember Portsmouth 5 down against Arsenal in the F A Cup a few years ago).- Let''s practice what we preach, being the best supporters isn''t about how we react when things are going well it''s when your are needed most when things just aren''t happening. That time is now until the end of the season. - if we can do this then IMHO we will stay in this division

The last 2 games have been narrowly lost against good teams  - Bristol could have easily ended in a draw and Preston beaten once at home all season. It''s time to believe.

Over to you

O.T.B.C

[/quote]

Where are you? Where are you?

Ok Delia, calm down, come back to this shiraz

Over to you

O.T.B.C

[/quote]good post...but its down gunny and co + the 11 players on the pitch at the end of the day...(TIN HAT ON) it doesnt matter how hard we cheer it will never score a goal!!!

im there most home games cheering them on and that will never change  CITY-TILL-I-DIE     OTBC

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Over to you

O.T.B.C

[/quote]good post...but its down gunny and co + the 11 players on the pitch at the end of the day...(TIN HAT ON) it doesnt matter how hard we cheer it will never score a goal!!!

im there most home games cheering them on and that will never change  CITY-TILL-I-DIE     OTBC

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more but we can help surely - it was meant as a glasshouse and stones type comment really

[/quote]

they would  take a shower instead then!

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Over to you

O.T.B.C

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more but we can help surely - it was meant as a glasshouse and stones type comment really

[/quote]Couldn''t agree more - highlighted bit made me smile remembering it - We are a great set of supporters but what should set us apart is the fact we are prepared to give them 100% for the next 13 games as they clearly are lacking in confidence at times and we can make a difference. No excuses or "yes but..." do we want Championship football next season or not?

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Over to you

O.T.B.C

[/quote]

[/quote]agreed...but its simple they just havnt been good enough this season and need a BIG kick up the ass..imo it doesnt help having do many loans they are not CITY through & throughand no matter how much they say they will give 100% i just cant swollow that...i will still be cheering them on come saturday CITY-TILL-I-DIE    OTBC