Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

burnley team/ predictions

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Jonzey"][quote user="Beauseant"]

Marshall

Clingan

Doc                        Shackell

Fozzy

Bell                               Gow                             Pattison                            Carney

Hoolahan

Cort

[/quote]

Blimey, glad you''re not in the managers seat! Only playing two defenders? That team would concede 20!!!

[/quote]

I assume you''re either being ironic or have never seen a sweeper system set out on paper[:D]

[/quote]

Sweeper system?! At Norwich?!! Since when did we become the AC Milan side of the early ninties?!!! Clingan certainly isn''t Franco Baresi! Sorry, don''t mean to be so dismissive. But that''s the most ridiculous suggestion I''ve ever seen.

[quote user="Jonzey"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Jonzey"][quote user="Beauseant"]

Marshall

Clingan

Fozzy

Bell                               Gow                             Pattison                            Carney

Hoolahan

Cort

[/quote]

Blimey, glad you''re not in the managers seat! Only playing two defenders? That team would concede 20!!!

[/quote]

I assume you''re either being ironic or have never seen a sweeper system set out on paper[:D]

[/quote]

Sweeper system?! At Norwich?!! Since when did we become the AC Milan side of the early ninties?!!! Clingan certainly isn''t Franco Baresi! Sorry, don''t mean to be so dismissive. But that''s the most ridiculous suggestion I''ve ever seen.

[/quote]

Seemed to work when Ian Culverhouse played the role.

I don''t think it would work at the moment personally and I think we need to stay with what we know rather than try and bed in a new formation at this stage. Might be worth exploring pre-season though. Formations tend to come and go and now might be the time for the sweeper to make a re-emergence.

[quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="Jonzey"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Jonzey"][quote user="Beauseant"]

Marshall

Clingan

Fozzy

Hoolahan

Cort

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Seemed to work when Ian Culverhouse played the role.

I don''t think it would work at the moment personally and I think we need to stay with what we know rather than try and bed in a new formation at this stage. Might be worth exploring pre-season though. Formations tend to come and go and now might be the time for the sweeper to make a re-emergence.

[/quote]

I remember those days well! But that was when we had an exceptional team. Alas we don''t now :(

Obviously you can''t introduce new formations and tactics at this stage of a season, especially in a scrap like we''re in. You have to stick to what is practiced, familiar and works. 

[quote user="Jonzey"]

I remember those days well! But that was when we had an exceptional team. Alas we don''t now :(

Obviously you can''t introduce new formations and tactics at this stage of a season, especially in a scrap like we''re in. You have to stick to what is practiced, familiar and works. 

[/quote]But surely that''s the problem! It just ain''t working.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Jonzey"]

[/quote]

But surely that''s the problem! It just ain''t working.

[/quote]

The problem is lack of enough decent players in reality. Although Roedent playing players out of position and generally being arrogant is the main source of the current demise.

I agree that it''s really too late to try a whole new system, but  something has to happen.Can Semmy really continue at right back? Where can Hoolahan fit in - surely he is needed for his creative input?How good is Carney? Is Sammy over his injury - if not, who replaces him?Answers on a postcard .....

I think it might be the same line up, as against Preston, although not sure if Carl Cort is fit, because he limped out that game, anyone know?????

and I think it is going to be 1-1, which would be an ok point, but only if we follow it up with a win against Coventry

marshall

russell      docherty      shackell      grounds

croft      gow      clingan      carney

cort         killen

subs; whoever

1-0 to Burnley

[quote user="Les"]

marshall

russell      docherty      shackell      grounds

croft      gow      clingan      carney

cort         killen

subs; whoever

1-0 to Burnley  I would still give Otsemebor another chance, but I like the rest of the team.  Unfortunately you know Gunn will probably stick with the team that played against Preston, or if Clingan is fit he will drop Russell.  2-1 to Burnley.

[/quote]