Sign in to follow this  
Archie

Greeno for England

Is Ian Walker really better than Greeno, or the other England goalies for that matter. Surely Eriksson would be far better off giving a young keeper a place in the squad at such a stage, rather than choosing ian walker who has far older, and frankly is never going to be engalnds first choice keeper.

I couldn''t agree more. Greeno has been quite magnificent of late - in my view as valuable as Huckerby - and surely deserves to at least train with the squad. What annoys me is this: last year, Eriksson came to Colney and said he didn''t look at players in Division 1. This year, when England played at Sh1teman Rd, in the programme he writes "of course David James will be considered even though he''s in the 1st Division, every player in that division should know they could be picked". Funny that - it takes the Hammers going down to suddenly make him look there. If he''d looked a bit harder he might find quite a few players worthy of a place.

And when was the last time you saw Greeno have a howler like James did against West Brom last week? Er. Never!

I agree, surely Robert Green must be in with a shout, I mean look at the options from this weekend and the weekend before, James let in 4, Robinson 6 (weekend just gone) and Walker 4 the weekend before that,

As much as I agree, I''m more disappointed by Beattie not being in the squad. It''s stupid, we have three strikers in there, all of whom can''t score and Beatts is left at home.

Ridiculous.

Anyway, you''re right about Greeno and Walker. And Walker''s hair is horrible too.

I agree, Greeno is a good young keeper with huge potential. He has done good job for us. I have a doubt however, and that is his tendancy to hesitate for crosses and a lack of confidence in the 6 to18 yard area. However! he is young and will improve. Given premiership experience next year he will I feel make it to the England squad; hopefully with Norwich city.

As much as I agree to everything everybody has said about Greeno, when King Juan of Spain or whatever he likes to call himself says Greeno has never had a shocker can I draw his attention to Forest away this season and Derby away last season. They are arguable worse mistakes than James''s against West Brom which was down to a lack of comunication, Greeno''s howlers were a lack of concentration. Every keeper makes mistakes the good ones just make less - like Green.

Anyway when we get promoted and England fail in Portugal due a lack of a decent keeper, Sven will know which ground to visit for his keeper for Germany 2006.