Sign in to follow this  
Captain Controversy

'Should have kept Roeder'

It''s only taken 6 games, but already people are actually umming and arring about whether sacking Roeder was right. Of course it wasnt. The board were hoping for season ticket sales, a ''honeymoon period'' and it hasnt come. Now we have a manager with NO experience, when we need it most. Roeder saved us last year - from a much worse position. If only they didnt sack him, or had the balls to grovel and get him back...Im so dissapointed with this season, and Roeder getting sacked topped it off  at the time - but now we''re in the bottom 3, with everyone else having games in hand over us. Yes, the season doesnt end in february, but theyre gonna have to pull off something VERY special now to escape the clutches of the third tier.

[quote user="Captain Controversy"]It''s only taken 6 games, but already people are actually umming and arring about whether sacking Roeder was right. Of course it wasnt. The board were hoping for season ticket sales, a ''honeymoon period'' and it hasnt come. Now we have a manager with NO experience, when we need it most. Roeder saved us last year - from a much worse position. If only they didnt sack him, or had the balls to grovel and get him back...
Im so dissapointed with this season, and Roeder getting sacked topped it off  at the time - but now we''re in the bottom 3, with everyone else having games in hand over us. Yes, the season doesnt end in february, but theyre gonna have to pull off something VERY special now to escape the clutches of the third tier.
[/quote]

Roeder was a  disgrace. Whatever the consequences (and we''ll never know what would have happened had we persisted with that w***er in charge)...good riddance to a manager who i have despised more than any other incumbent since i started supporting ncfc in 1972

[quote user="Captain Controversy"]It''s only taken 6 games, but already people are actually umming and arring about whether sacking Roeder was right. Of course it wasnt. The board were hoping for season ticket sales, a ''honeymoon period'' and it hasnt come. Now we have a manager with NO experience, when we need it most. Roeder saved us last year - from a much worse position. If only they didnt sack him, or had the balls to grovel and get him back...
Im so dissapointed with this season, and Roeder getting sacked topped it off  at the time - but now we''re in the bottom 3, with everyone else having games in hand over us. Yes, the season doesnt end in february, but theyre gonna have to pull off something VERY special now to escape the clutches of the third tier.
[/quote]

I for oe agre. It was very weak of the board to sack Roeder when they did.

[/quote]

I for one agree. It was very weak of the board to sack Roeder when they did.

[/quote]what people???? and of course it was right to sack that £$%"£$%^&&^&*$%$%   

keep taking the tablets!!!

[/quote]

I''m guessing you enjoy whipping up arguments, so I will join in by adding my tuppence worth:

You''re wrong, Roeder is an abonimation. An a**ehole of the highest order for the things he said. Robert Mugabe is a lovely cuddly old granny compared to that vile repugnant t*sser.

[/quote]

Hey, that''s really controversial! The balls to grovel to get him back???????? You are certainly one controversial geezer. Why not go the whole hog and bring back Worthy? They incredulously actually did have the ''balls'' to grovel to get him back- except he wouldn''t come back (allegedly).

We''d be at least 2 pts worse of with Roedernowhere who created a bad atmosphere with everyone connected to the club which was not good for trying to win games of football. This was after the massive cock up the bloke had made of doing his job before!

Anyone who suggests that keeping Roedernowhere would of been the right thing to do are clearly in need of medication!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Roedernowhere who created a bad atmosphere with everyone connected to the club

[/quote]How do you explain the meeting called by the players at Colney then? They weren''t happy...

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Roeder needed to go but we needed a football manager appointed not Mr Odd Job .
[/quote]

The reason the board plumped for the totally inadequate Roeder in the 1st place was cause he had experience at other clubs!

Gunn and his backroom staff have more knowledge and experience than Roeder and have the must have managerial ability of creating a good atmosphere and commanding respect, vital attributes Roeder sadly lacks!

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

[/quote]

Roeder was a  disgrace. Whatever the consequences (and we''ll never know what would have happened had we persisted with that w***er in charge)...good riddance to a manager who i have despised more than any other incumbent since i started supporting ncfc in 1972

[/quote]

Says it all for me does this, good riddence to the ******!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Webbo118"]Incorrect. He will not get a contract renewal at the end of this season if we get relegated.[/quote]

Wanna bet?[:|]

[/quote]I will, because I reckon if we go down it will go to Butterworth.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Webbo118"]Incorrect. He will not get a contract renewal at the end of this season if we get relegated.[/quote]

[/quote]

I will, because I reckon if we go down it will go to Butterworth.
[/quote]

The dream/nightmare team will remain unaltered.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

I will, because I reckon if we go down it will go to Butterworth.
[/quote]

And if we are not relegated (silent prayer we are not). Who will be Manager next year?

Gunn has got it and wont easily let go regardless IMO

[quote user="Captain Controversy"]It''s only taken 6 games, but already people are actually umming and arring about whether sacking Roeder was right. Of course it wasnt. The board were hoping for season ticket sales, a ''honeymoon period'' and it hasnt come. Now we have a manager with NO experience, when we need it most. Roeder saved us last year - from a much worse position. If only they didnt sack him, or had the balls to grovel and get him back...Im so dissapointed with this season, and Roeder getting sacked topped it off  at the time - but now we''re in the bottom 3, with everyone else having games in hand over us. Yes, the season doesnt end in february, but theyre gonna have to pull off something VERY special now to escape the clutches of the third tier.[/quote]You just made my list of idiots who''s threads to ignore.

[quote user="Captain Controversy"]It''s only taken 6 games, but already people are actually umming and arring about whether sacking Roeder was right. Of course it wasnt. The board were hoping for season ticket sales, a ''honeymoon period'' and it hasnt come. Now we have a manager with NO experience, when we need it most. Roeder saved us last year - from a much worse position. If only they didnt sack him, or had the balls to grovel and get him back...Im so dissapointed with this season, and Roeder getting sacked topped it off  at the time - but now we''re in the bottom 3, with everyone else having games in hand over us. Yes, the season doesnt end in february, but theyre gonna have to pull off something VERY special now to escape the clutches of the third tier.[/quote]People "umming and arring about whether sacking Roeder was right"???????????????????????? ??

!

It was 100% the right decision to sack Roeder. If he stayed we were only heading one way, Roeder lost the dressing room, his time was up, it was completely untenable. Thats football it happens.At least by sacking him and appointing Gunn weve given ourselves a chance. Performances have been better and the players are playing for the manager. There was none of that at the end under Roeder so he had to go.

Totally agree. I''m hoping that the results can start living up to some of the recent performances before the players heads drop or the fairweather fans start to boo at Carrow Rd. Gunn''s done well so far for my money.