Sign in to follow this  
CiderkiddCanary

It's NOT just Norwich!!

My club Yeovil Town have tonight appointed captain Terry Skiverton as our manager, with fellow veteran Nathan Jones as his assistant. Now, I''m not one to complain, but after Russell Slade gained 4 wins on the bounce, with a 3-1 win AWAY at Peterborough the highlight (any news from Bazza about the match Cam? [;)]), he then duly get''s sacked from his position. His assistant Steve Thompson took charge for the derby against Bristol Rovers - we lost 3-0. So our board decide to appoint two COMPLETELY unexperienced Yeovil legends; who let it be noted bleed Green and White [:P]; to take charge "in immediate effect", with no indication as to how long they are there for. We are known to be running on one of the smallest budgets in the entire football league, so this is seen as a "cheap appointment".Living in Norwich, and having seen and heard everything having gone on recently re Gunny and Co, I''m seeing exactly the same thing going on at my own club.Both sides are flirting with relegation, and have supposedly appointed "cheap managers" who can "motivate and inspire".It''ll be interesting to see where both end up at the end of the season.Good day [;)]

(btw I''ll be there against Burnley to shout on the Norwich boys, even though personally it''ll be better to see Norwich get relegated and Yeovil stay up so I don''t have to travel to Somerset to see the Glovers play [;)])

Great memories of Yeovil in the Southern League as was.  Your famous sloping pitch of the time.

Yeovil Town 1 Worcester City 1.

Your goal was my mistake in goal for Worcester[+o(]

But Berrows Worcester Journal said I redeemed myself and made up "for his earlier error" with two wonderful "flying saves" in the last five minutes.

Who knows? 1-1 anyway.

[quote user="Ciderkidd"]My club Yeovil Town have tonight appointed captain Terry Skiverton as our manager, with fellow veteran Nathan Jones as his assistant. Now, I''m not one to complain, but after Russell Slade gained 4 wins on the bounce, with a 3-1 win AWAY at Peterborough the highlight (any news from Bazza about the match Cam? [;)]), he then duly get''s sacked from his position. His assistant Steve Thompson took charge for the derby against Bristol Rovers - we lost 3-0. So our board decide to appoint two COMPLETELY unexperienced Yeovil legends; who let it be noted bleed Green and White [:P]; to take charge "in immediate effect", with no indication as to how long they are there for. We are known to be running on one of the smallest budgets in the entire football league, so this is seen as a "cheap appointment".

Living in Norwich, and having seen and heard everything having gone on recently re Gunny and Co, I''m seeing exactly the same thing going on at my own club.
Both sides are flirting with relegation, and have supposedly appointed "cheap managers" who can "motivate and inspire".
It''ll be interesting to see where both end up at the end of the season.
Good day [;)]

(btw I''ll be there against Burnley to shout on the Norwich boys, even though personally it''ll be better to see Norwich get relegated and Yeovil stay up so I don''t have to travel to Somerset to see the Glovers play [;)])
[/quote]

Nathan Jones, you''ve been gone too long.

Spent a few years living in Glastonbury as a teen and used to go and watch Yeovilplay in the Vauxhall Conference league. I remember they used to have a keeper who i think was nicknamed Marty Pello (cos of ponytail) and he used to try and take on attackers with little turns and flicks!! Awesome!!!

Does anyone know the real reason for Slade leaving? The Chairman said it was something that he couldn''t comment upon for legal reasons but that all Yeovil fans would agree with if they knew? Sounds deliciously mysterious.

[quote user="Canary02 III"]Does anyone know the real reason for Slade leaving? The Chairman said it was something that he couldn''t comment upon for legal reasons but that all Yeovil fans would agree with if they knew? Sounds deliciously mysterious.[/quote]

There are two rumours doing the rounds - I have no idea whether either are accurate or not.  One is that the Manager was talking to another club behind Yeovil''s back and the other is that he was about to go public with the details of players he had tried to get in during the transfer season but which the Chairman refused to sanction.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Canary02 III"]Does anyone know the real reason for Slade leaving? The Chairman said it was something that he couldn''t comment upon for legal reasons but that all Yeovil fans would agree with if they knew? Sounds deliciously mysterious.[/quote]

There are two rumours doing the rounds - I have no idea whether either are accurate or not.  One is that the Manager was talking to another club behind Yeovil''s back and the other is that he was about to go public with the details of players he had tried to get in during the transfer season but which the Chairman refused to sanction.

[/quote]I''ve heard this many times, and seems the most creditable, especially given Mr Fry''s interview to yesterdays Western Gazette, where he said he was good friends with Russell and fully backed him.Rumours are that he could be the next Plymouth manager should Luggy get the boot! [:|]