Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

how many ST holders next year???

with automatic renewal deadline approaching - and city now in the bottom 3 - and impact of recession biting - how many will bail out sooner rather than later???i reckon 16k ST holders for next season...anything more would be a triumph - but equally - less than could be a nightmare...

From a personal point of view I''d love it if we only had 16k season ticket holders. That would leave more casual seats available to attract new fans. Especially a new generation of kids in the way we did in the late nineties. "Kids for a quid" half a dozen times a season is a great way to introduce the future generations to the club. I know many fans now whose first games were part of that scheme. Also when the club were doing poorly this would be reflected in lower attendances and there wouldn''t be fans in the ground who didn''t want to be there except out of some kind of perverse sense of duty. But when the club are doing well or when we play the top teams those spare seats would be snapped up at casual prices by the fairweather and glory boys bringing in more revenue.

This is just an alternative view really but I do believe we have season ticket holders at the moment who really don''t want to be season ticket holders and I do believe 10 years on from those late 90''s that we need to get a new generation of youngsters into the ground.

I''ll be renewing. Main reason being I''d have bugger all else to do on a Saturday afternoon and would miss the routine. Having said that circumstances do change and I am in no doubt that the level of sales will drop considerably in comparison to recent years. I really do hope that the days of 13-14 thousand is not to return but I wouldn''t be surprised considering the situation we find ourselves in both in terms of football and on the more personal levels as we continue to feel the pinch.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Just wondering....does it make you less of a fan if you do not renew? (this doesn''t apply to me)[/quote]

No..

But I reckon it would make you an idiot to renew if you don''t want to! I really don''t understand those posters who buy a season ticket and then regret it and buy another and then regret it and so on....

I will be. Anyone that doesnt in my eyes is a Judas and should be banned from the City and forced to live in the slums we call IPSWICH TOWN

[quote user="Dr. Downs"] I will be. Anyone that doesnt in my eyes is a Judas and should be banned from the City and forced to live in the slums we call IPSWICH TOWN [/quote]Good to see common sense prevails with you then.

[quote user="Happyhammer Andy"]You''ll find out who the real hard core fans are opposed to the hangers on, the ones that say they love the club and at the first sign of trouble, conveniantly disappear![/quote]

First sign of trouble? The first sign of trouble was the summer of 2004 and since relegation we''ve had four very poor seasons which have been getting gradually worse every year. I think the supporters have been very patient considering we''ve been rubbish for so long.

My Dad has had a season ticket longer than I''ve been on this planet (I''m fast approaching 30 by the way) & has given his notice to cancel his season ticket as he simply refuses to put himself through it anymore. I for one know how much of a big decision it''s been for him to do so.

[quote user="NorwichsNewFinest"]My Dad has had a season ticket longer than I''ve been on this planet (I''m fast approaching 30 by the way) & has given his notice to cancel his season ticket as he simply refuses to put himself through it anymore. I for one know how much of a big decision it''s been for him to do so.[/quote]

According to other posters he is now a judas.....and has to go and live in Ipswich...both posts of course are utter rubbish

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Just wondering....does it make you less of a fan if you do not renew? (this doesn''t apply to me)[/quote]

Of course not. It entirely depends on the reason for not renewing. For example, If you don''t renew because you only go to see good opposition which their is not going to be in League one, then that doesn''t make you a Norwich fan, just a neutral football fan.
On the other hand, if you don''t renew because your struggling with money, can''t get to many games due to your location, work etc, and other such reasons then you, in my opinion, are still a fan like the ones who do renew.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

Of course not. It entirely depends on the reason for not renewing. For example, If you don''t renew because you only go to see good opposition which their is not going to be in League one, then that doesn''t make you a Norwich fan, just a neutral football fan.On the other hand, if you don''t renew because your struggling with money, can''t get to many games due to your location, work etc, and other such reasons then you, in my opinion, are still a fan like the ones who do renew.

[/quote]That isn''t what the good Dr. Downs would say. No doubt an individual who has only been ''supporting'' City since 2002 and potentially even more recent than that. I think that this summer the decision will not be based that much on football and more on the ever increasing pinch of the recession.

This is actually a hugely important thread.  One reason many people buy seasons is to guarantee seats.  There are only a couple of thousand seats available to casual purchasers so the only way to ensure you have a seat is to buy one for the season.

It is also a bore to organise tickets regularly.

In the olden days you just turned up because the ground held 30,000 plus and gates were in the low 20,000s.  You knew you would get in at th turnstile.  No need to prebook.  It was no different to getting on a train.

So, if the number of seasons drop by say 4,000 to 16,000, there will be lot more casual tickets.  People will become more selective if they buy tickets individually.   If tickets are freely available, the attraction of season tickets diminishes too.  Of course there will be a hard core who go regularly and either want their seat or benefit from the saving in buying the season ticket.  But if you really only want to go to say 12 games a season, the economic advantage disappears.

And, if tickets are easy to get on the day why commit yourself?   Look how many came to see Charlton in the cup.   If it is a wet Tuesday in January will you always turn out to watch Doncaster or Burnley?  

If season ticket sales fall to 16,000 then gates will settle around the 20,000 mark for unattractive games.   This means cash loss to the club and means the following season the numbers buying season tickets will fall because why bother if you can just turn up?

There is an economic cycle here which is possibly the most dangerous threat that City faces.   Declining gates would be a financial disaster.  Any one who thinks that a decline in season ticket sales would sendf the Board a message is right.  It would be like cutting your child''s legs off to stop him from running in the road.  The lesson would be learnt but the long term consequences would be disastrous.

I''ve got my first ever season ticket for next year. The gentleman in white coats will probably be round shortly. [:D]

I am renewing cos I loves the day out....lol

No seriously I will renew because I genuinely enjoy going to a football match. Not just the game, but the feeling of belonging to the club, the old familiar sights, sounds and smells (and because I would rather spend my leisure time doing something I enjoy) I support NCFC so go to every home game and as many away games as I can afford. Simple.

Season ticket wise, I want to stand in the same place with the same old folks, cos they are like family now. We all know each other and despite some dire games, always manage to have a laugh together and sing and support the team.

Economically I suspect the numbers will go down. Just in my relatively small circle of friends I have learnt of 4 redundancies in the past month. It''s bound to have an effect, whatever the state of the club.

I''ve renewed my two and i would hope the majority of you do to,I for one would not want our clubs supporters to be tarnished with the same brush as some of the false support that is at other clubs.The one thing that makes us stand out from the rest and makes pundits etc sit up and take note of our club is there amazement of our overwhelming support.   

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

From a personal point of view I''d love it if we only had 16k season ticket holders. That would leave more casual seats available to attract new fans. Especially a new generation of kids in the way we did in the late nineties. "Kids for a quid" half a dozen times a season is a great way to introduce the future generations to the club. I know many fans now whose first games were part of that scheme. Also when the club were doing poorly this would be reflected in lower attendances and there wouldn''t be fans in the ground who didn''t want to be there except out of some kind of perverse sense of duty. But when the club are doing well or when we play the top teams those spare seats would be snapped up at casual prices by the fairweather and glory boys bringing in more revenue.

This is just an alternative view really but I do believe we have season ticket holders at the moment who really don''t want to be season ticket holders and I do believe 10 years on from those late 90''s that we need to get a new generation of youngsters into the ground.

[/quote]

The more season ticket holders the better as far as I''m concerned!

Anyway if anyones whos not a season ticket holder wants to go to a game at Carrow Rd they still can if they really want to. The last home game against Bristol City had at least 500 empty home seats so fans that wanted to go could of done if they really wanted to! 

The way the club structures prices make it better to have a season ticket cause it works out cheaper. This is why we''ve done so well crowd wise for quite a while now!

Myself  I only got my 1st ST when the ground went all seater despite goingregularly for many years before that cause that was when the club started making buying casual tickets regularly far more expensive than buying a ST!

I have been a season ticket holder since 1980 (initially on the terraces) because I like the convenience. But it is a problem if I want to bring my daughter to a match as it would be impossible to get her a casual ticket next to me, so she has to use my mother''s season ticket instead. This is one of the main drawbacks of the increase in season ticket sales making casual tickets hard to come by.

It''s a fair point. Perhaps, the biggest drop in tickets might be from the "Dad and his two boys" scenario. He can''t now afford the cost per game, when the travel, food, programme and admission is added up.