Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

Players in the press!!

Why is everyone so critical of players coming out trying to rally the fans in the press? With most so-called ''fans'' on here, it really is just any excuse to have a go at the club, or the players. The reporters will be sniffing around Colney trying to get interviews, and as soon as the players give one they get hurled with abuse on here. What are they supposed to do? Maybe if they came out and shared most of your sentiments, along the lines of "We''re already down, so might as well give up", you would be happy. Mindless, IMO.

Because people like Fozzy come out and say stuff like we need to do this we need to do that but when it comes to the crunch he stands in the middle of the park and passes the ball back to the keeper all game... pisses me right off.  If they did what they said they were gonna do and at least put the effort in then they wouldnt get jip!!!!!

I think taking into account the severity of the current situation at the club, and with what it means to people, it''s all quite hard to match it all with mere words. And not to mention the repetitiveness of it all as well i guess, since

they''ve been doing this since Norwich City FC came into existence.I think at this point you''ll find every Norwich City fan recognising these interviews as cheap talk. I for one am quite happy to have it though, as i tend to find it a little eerie when all is quiet at Norwich City, especially at times like this. I wish the board would speak for one....

Okay, so us so called fans should be happy with the continual succession of players wheeled out every week saying the same old stuff should we?

We do our bit, supporting them on match days, they should do their stuff by playing to the best of their ability during the game. It''s no good saying they are up for the fight and well aware of our place in the table and not delivering on the pitch. More action and far less words are what''s needed. It''s not as if this the position we are in is anything new is it? Our flirt with relegation is turning into a bit of a love affair.

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]Why is everyone so critical of players coming out trying to rally the fans in the press? With most so-called ''fans'' on here, it really is just any excuse to have a go at the club, or the players. The reporters will be sniffing around Colney trying to get interviews, and as soon as the players give one they get hurled with abuse on here. What are they supposed to do? Maybe if they came out and shared most of your sentiments, along the lines of "We''re already down, so might as well give up", you would be happy. Mindless, IMO.[/quote]Your user name sums it up for me. You want Lappin back. Why the guy isn''t a Championship quality player. Were you not there did you not see. Sorry but mindless for me covers only the group of people who accept without question what these grossly over paid misfits have to say.Week in week out we hear from the same old face like Fotheringham (I refuse to your pet names for fools like him) and Russell (sorry Rusty, Yeah like an old bike) that we need to dig in and fight. But they don''t because the can''t because they are not good enough. How about rather than "We''re already down, so might as well give up" how about "We''re over paid and not good enough"Mindless. IMO true.