Sign in to follow this  
Nik

Spillane offered new contract

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]but not Croft?[/quote]

He''s waiting to see which way the cookie crumbles imo.........some committment eh?[:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

He''s waiting to see which way the cookie crumbles imo.........some committment eh?[:|]

[/quote]No doubt he''ll sign a contract with a relegation clause in it such as ''sell if you get an offer around this much money'' or something - I just hope we don''t let a lot of players go on free''s whatever situation we end up in...

[/quote]

Another nice positive post there Wiz. Anyone who has met Crofty knows that hes a nice guy and hes very settled here. I expect him to be here next season whatever league we end up playing in.

[/quote]

so 1st wiz you wold rather play in league 1 than the championship??

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]Couldnt give a rats arse about Spillane. It is Croft they need to be offering a contract. Spillane is League 1 material. Gulp.......[/quote]

you obviously don''t rate the kid then?? How many games have you been to?? ever seen him play???

he is a real prospect for the future and we need to keep players like him, who came through the ranks, other wise there will not be a mister norwich city like we need now!!

Yes we would all like crofty to stay but if you were offered 4 k at league 1 team norwich or

8k at champoinship playoff contenders where woudl you rather go if you were neutral '' TCF''??

Spillane has always looked very average to me. Like many of our youngsters in recent times he''s been over hyped and overrated.

Hopefully he''s come on leaps and bounds at Luton.

[quote user="GJP"]

Spillane has always looked very average to me. Like many of our youngsters in recent times he''s been over hyped and overrated.

[/quote]I disagree, I''ve seen Spillane play a few times and have always come away feeling impressed. He''s in the same kind of build as Safri - goes into every challenge giving his all. He''s not afraid to dive in and could give us the bite we have been missing at the back. I don''t think he is over hyper - he certainly has a lot of potential, and IF we can get the best out of him, he could be a very big player for us.Unfortunately, I don''t feel like I can say the same about Chris Martin.

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

I disagree, I''ve seen Spillane play a few times and have always come away feeling impressed. He''s in the same kind of build as Safri - goes into every challenge giving his all. He''s not afraid to dive in and could give us the bite we have been missing at the back. I don''t think he is over hyper - he certainly has a lot of potential, and IF we can get the best out of him, he could be a very big player for us.

Unfortunately, I don''t feel like I can say the same about Chris Martin.
[/quote]

Perhaps you''re more easily impressed than I am then.

Diving into tackles doesn''t really do it for me, there needs to be a bit more to it than that.

Martin has more ability but he''s a long way off as well. And obviously there are question marks over his attitude.

We shall see.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="AJ"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]I disagree, I''ve seen Spillane play a few times and have always come away feeling impressed. He''s in the same kind of build as Safri - goes into every challenge giving his all. He''s not afraid to dive in and could give us the bite we have been missing at the back. I don''t think he is over hyper - he certainly has a lot of potential, and IF we can get the best out of him, he could be a very big player for us.Unfortunately, I don''t feel like I can say the same about Chris Martin.[/quote]

Diving into tackles doesn''t really do it for me, there needs to be a bit more to it than that.

Martin has more ability but he''s a long way off as well. And obviously there are question marks over his attitude.

We shall see.

[/quote]By no means, I''ve seen loads of youngster play for us, and you can see that Spillane stands out as having a lot of promise. I wasn''t saying he dives into tackles all the time, just saying that he is more than willing to get stuck in - a bit of bite is what a team needs. Hopefully experience this year would have taught him a lot - he reckons so and his performences are starting to show according to Luton fans. I agree with Martin, he has a lot of ability, he shew that for us when his goals practically kept us up a few seasons back. If he gets his head in the game, gets fitter and sorts himself out, no doubt he can easily make it at championship level.

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="AJ"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

I disagree, I''ve seen Spillane play a few times and have always come away feeling impressed. He''s in the same kind of build as Safri - goes into every challenge giving his all. He''s not afraid to dive in and could give us the bite we have been missing at the back. I don''t think he is over hyper - he certainly has a lot of potential, and IF we can get the best out of him, he could be a very big player for us.

[/quote]

We shall see.

[/quote]

By no means, I''ve seen loads of youngster play for us, and you can see that Spillane stands out as having a lot of promise. I wasn''t saying he dives into tackles all the time, just saying that he is more than willing to get stuck in - a bit of bite is what a team needs. Hopefully experience this year would have taught him a lot - he reckons so and his performences are starting to show according to Luton fans.

I agree with Martin, he has a lot of ability, he shew that for us when his goals practically kept us up a few seasons back. If he gets his head in the game, gets fitter and sorts himself out, no doubt he can easily make it at championship level.
[/quote]

Well he looked better than Rossi Jarvis and some others but perhaps we''ve become used to lower standards of youth product. He''s never been a player that''s struck me as being one to get excited about. Very ordinary from what I''ve seen.

But yeah the season of first team football wouldn''t have done him any harm so we''ll see if he comes back a player who looks like he might be able to cut it at this level.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="AJ"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="AJ"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We shall see.

[/quote]

By no means, I''ve seen loads of youngster play for us, and you can see that Spillane stands out as having a lot of promise. I wasn''t saying he dives into tackles all the time, just saying that he is more than willing to get stuck in - a bit of bite is what a team needs. Hopefully experience this year would have taught him a lot - he reckons so and his performences are starting to show according to Luton fans.

I agree with Martin, he has a lot of ability, he shew that for us when his goals practically kept us up a few seasons back. If he gets his head in the game, gets fitter and sorts himself out, no doubt he can easily make it at championship level.
[/quote]

Well he looked better than Rossi Jarvis and some others but perhaps we''ve become used to lower standards of youth product. He''s never been a player that''s struck me as being one to get excited about. Very ordinary from what I''ve seen.

But yeah the season of first team football wouldn''t have done him any harm so we''ll see if he comes back a player who looks like he might be able to cut it at this level.

[/quote]

its him or nothing!

[quote user="The Original Pinkun Poster"]

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]Couldnt give a rats arse about Spillane. It is Croft they need to be offering a contract. Spillane is League 1 material. Gulp.......[/quote]

you obviously don''t rate the kid then?? How many games have you been to?? ever seen him play???

he is a real prospect for the future and we need to keep players like him, who came through the ranks, other wise there will not be a mister norwich city like we need now!!

[/quote]

No, Plenty, No (have you?).

Real prospect he maybe but Mister Norwich City isnt going to keep us in this league though is he? If he was so awsome why would we loan him out?

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Looks like the club are already preparing for life in League 1.
[/quote]

Evident by:

1) Lack of money invested in new players

2) Apart from one cheap perm. signing (McDonald) the rest of the signings in Janaury were on loans.

3) Gunn et al on contracts to the end of the season

i think a few people need to judge these two players when they come back. They are two young lads and have been sent on loan for a reason and maybe a year at Luton has done them good. We all know what they were like before we shipped them out to league 2 but both have got decent reviews and all they can do is perform in the division they are in. Also lets face it we could do with another CB and a forward next year whatever division we are in.