Sign in to follow this  
Lord Horn

Joe Lewis - Good Move

Had the opportunity of seeing our ex-keeper in action for Posh last weekend - one howler and one elementary mistake in their 3-1 defeat.  Not the flavour of the month with the locals at the moment.  Good business after all?

If you were paying attention CD you would know that Lewis has actually had a number of bad games recently and that a large section of Peterborough fans are calling for him to be replaced by their former keeper Mark Tyler. Don''t get me wrong, I hope that Lewis goes on to be a big success, not least because we''ve got a substantial sell on clause on him - but at the moment those who rushed to condemn the board/Glen Roeder when we sold him are looking a little bit silly.

Lewis and Marshall are good shot stoppers but have made mistakesthis season but I think any young goalkeeper will be prone to the odd howler. Unfortunately for goalkeepers almost all their mistakes result in goals so they become game changing moments.

Saw Lewis play quite a bit for the reserves. Good shot stopper but never really convinced me in terms of commanding his area or his defence. Of course he was very young so to be expected but from what I knwo Rudd and Steer have always been rated higher by those in the know. having said that he''s still a potentially great keeper and is a local boy and Norwich fan so wish him all the best!

The one area of the pitch where we do seem to be able to produce very good players on a regular basis.

Bearing in mind most keepers don''t find their groove until their late twenties I think it''s fair to say ''give him a chance''!!! He''s still a teenager isn''t he?

[quote user="Jonzey"]Bearing in mind most keepers don''t find their groove until their late twenties I think it''s fair to say ''give him a chance''!!! He''s still a teenager isn''t he?[/quote]

He played with me in the Norfolk cricket team when we were younger so he will be the same age as me. That makes him 21.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

1 bad game, yes great business!!

I take it you havnt seen Marshall this season?

[/quote]

yes  i have seen marshall every home game thisseason and without him we would have gone 1 down vs ippy but he kept us in it!! he is still a kid!

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]

[quote user="Lol Morgan"]Good move for him given he''s likely to be in a league above us next season.[/quote]

Peterboro'' arent going to the be in the prem next season, are they?[;)]

[/quote]

would certainly be tough for them [:D]

[quote user="CDMullins"]

1 bad game, yes great business!!

I take it you havnt seen Marshall this season?

[/quote]

I bet many people who say we were wrong to sell Lewis had never eveen seen him play!

He was good but not that convincing!

I suspect he still wouldn''t be better than Marshall and he was good enough 1st team football in the lower leagues so overall it was a good move!

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]If you were paying attention CD you would know that Lewis has actually had a number of bad games recently and that a large section of Peterborough fans are calling for him to be replaced by their former keeper Mark Tyler.........[/quote]

Ironic isn''t it ? Both born in Norwich, both big City fans and we may well see both of them in action against us next season.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Had the opportunity of seeing our ex-keeper in action for Posh last weekend - one howler and one elementary mistake in their 3-1 defeat.  Not the flavour of the month with the locals at the moment.  Good business after all?[/quote]

And the NCFC board have been brilliant over the last few years'' then?.