Sign in to follow this  
Ooh Ahh Lee Power

Hot off the press, must read, top story!!!

Sorry just wrote that title so people would read!!!

Seriously though, I cant believe people are being so negative.  A good win against Barnsley, then a few good draws and what more good performances where we should and could have won.  Then two defeats against probably the two in form teams in the league.  Against Bristol City there winner shouldn''t have been, and against Preston we played much the better football.

I am confident that we will get a good win tomorrow, which will breed confidence going into some tough games.

I say no to relegation!!!!!

OTBC!!!

[quote user="ohh uhh lee power"]

Seriously though, I cant believe people are being so negative.  A good win against Barnsley, then a few good draws and what more good performances where we should and could have won.  Then two defeats against probably the two in form teams in the league.  Against Bristol City there winner shouldn''t have been, and against Preston we played much the better football.

I am confident that we will get a good win tomorrow, which will breed confidence going into some tough games.

OTBC!!!

[/quote]Thank you, thank you, thank you…Even David Blunkett could see that the performances have improved (Otsemebor excluded) since Roeder has gone.The crowd that sit around me can''t wait to start having a dig… and Brizzle City was a prime example. Down on Clingan, down on Cort, down on Rusty… ffs I don''t believe any of them even bother to watch, they just get their moaning ''hymn sheets'' out and start reading down from line one. Eventually had to turn round and tell them all to ''shut the f**k up and support the team or sod off to the River End.'' Seemed to sort them out til the final whistle, but honestly the doom and gloom merchants that sit around me are staggering. Mr ''Get the ball under control'' when its still in the bloody air… Mr ''Winnit'' every five seconds.Maybe its selective memory, but I don''t remember it being like this in the days of the standing Barclay!We aren''t down until its mathematically impossible to stay up… and unless someone on here has the talents of Nostradamus, then they''re none the wiser either. Stop bloody whining and get your gob wrapped around a few hearty singalongs instead of all your moaning. And then, when the issue of relegation or not is beyond doubt, do whatever you have to do… but ffs don''t do it on here ''cos that is going to change Jack Sh*t/nada/nothing!

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]I wont believe our seasons over until Matty Patty starts singing.[:P][;)][/quote]

Is he the fat lady I always seem to read about ? [:|]

[quote user="Spartan"]Blind optimism V reality is what has led us to our current fragile situation.....[/quote]

I am always blindly optomistic before the kick off.

The realism only sets in on the stroll back to Trowse.

Seriously though, I cant believe people are being so negative.... two defeats against probably the two in form teams in the league.  Against Bristol City there winner shouldn''t have been, and against Preston we played much the better football.

OTBC!!!

[/quote]

What no one on here seems to realise regarding the Preston game was that Preston had 5 players out who would be in the normal starting 11 last Saturday - Neil Mellor (out injured), Steve Elliot (out with a virus), Rus Wallace (one game ban), Callum Davidson (out injured) and Yuel Mawene (out injured) who came on as a sub for the last few minutes (it shows how threadbare the Preston team was last weekend when they had to have an injured player on the bench) and that doesn''t include Chilvers who was a regular starter last season but has been out all season with an injury.  So given that you were playing against 6 normal starters, 4 fringe players and a player who had arrived on loan the day before and has hardly played a game all season, I am not suprised that you think City played the better football, but Preston knew that they could let City come at them without City scoring and at the end of the day City still lost and came away without any points.

Given the above, I wouldn''t be too confident of City getting 1 point never mind 3 against Burnley tomorrow, (remember who Burnley have beat in the cup this season?) although I do hope that you do beat them as it will mean that they will still trail Preston in the league and I''m sure that Preston will do their utmost to beat Southampton and keep them from cathing up with City, especially when Wallace will be back as well, it is hoped, Elliot and Mawene.

OTBC!!!

[/quote]

and just made a note not to bother reading any crap threads started by you in the future