Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

The Best Norwich City Goal You have Ever Seen Live?

mine would have to be steen nedergaards vs coventry a 40 yard screamer

followed by safri''s vs newcastle which smashed the crossbar on the way past shay given

3rd would be gary holt a few years back vs todays opponents burnley!!

Rosario v Southampton 89/90

Huckerby v Cardiff 03/04

Croft v Ipswich 08/09

All provoked huge emotion in me. Rosario as he was once my fave player lol, Huck''s was his "supposed" last game for us and in this game he single handidly destroyed Cardiff. What can i say about Croftys......

Still....Safri, Fox, Goss and many others all run them close.

That''s a difficult one. I was standing at the back of the Barclay when Justin Fashanu''s "Goal of the Season" volley crashed into the Liverpool net way back in 1980. I can still see Ray Clemence''s despairing drive in my mind''s eye! But was that the best? I''m not sure. Nedergaard''s was a beauty which had me out of my seat in raptures, and I recall Gary Holt''s piledriver at Hillsborough in City''s 5-0 win there in 2001-02.

Hooligans this season vs Southampton.... i sit in the barclay and anyonee in that stand saw it in all its glory!

Hucks vs Birmingham is a mere 2nd in comparison!

jas :)

Rosarios goal vs. Southampton. I forget what year it was but it finished 4-4 and it was voted Match of the Day''s goal of the season - the first and only time I think a Norwich player has ever won it. Poor Robert, I think it was the only thing he ever did.

1. Hucks mazy dribble v Cardiff (his first of that match I think)

2. Wes Hoolahan V Southampton - great goal and my liverpool supporting mate went with me , his reaction was ''who needs steven gerrard when wes can do that!''.

3. Francis V southampton- purely because it bought us our first prem win

I missed the safri, hucks v birmingham goals :(

to beds canary,it was actually itv''s goal of the season and justin fashanu''s fantastic goal against liverpool which by the way was probably one of the most memorable games of footy played carra rud in 1980 was voted motd''s goal of the season.

[quote user="Beds Canary"]Rosarios goal vs. Southampton. I forget what year it was but it finished 4-4 and it was voted Match of the Day''s goal of the season - the first and only time I think a Norwich player has ever won it. Poor Robert, I think it was the only thing he ever did.[/quote]great goal but didn''t we lose 5.4?

[quote user="Menzies Campbell"]Youssef Safri vs Newcastle...

Haha

I''ll never forget when that went it after Kluivert had just equalised![/quote]Ashton scored the winner, the Safri goal was the opener.

I think Iwan''s goal against Brum at the Millennium Stadium if just for the masses of Yellow an'' Green going mental for that short period bfore the boogers equalised - will remain in my memory forever.

Too many to mention, although Gossy against Bayern at Carra - when he ran to his Mum after he scored....Nice.

Ched vs CardiffDamien Francis vs WBA in our Prem seasonI seem to remember Jonaton Johannson scoring a lovely chip against the scum when Danny Haynes cheated us out of the game with his handball goal.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I think Iwan''s goal against Brum at the Millennium Stadium if just for the masses of Yellow an'' Green going mental for that short period bfore the boogers equalised - will remain in my memory forever.

Too many to mention, although Gossy against Bayern at Carra - when he ran to his Mum after he scored....Nice.

[/quote]Yep add Gossy vs Bayern to my list too - what a phenomenal moment that was!!

1. Rossario v Southampton. I just said don''t be a prat as he hit it (you''d understand why if you''ve see Rossario play - the original bambi on ice) only to look up and see it go in.

2. Martin Peters - an overhead kick v Wolves.

3. Peter Morris v QPR to deny them the opportunity of winning the league.

4. Steve Brce v Scum. Milk Cup semi final.

5. John Deehan - as above for the same reason.

Hucks goal in the home game against Wigan the season we got promoted. It''s a goal that is not mentioned much but it was yet another run from his own half. At a time when we were beginning to look like we wouldn''t win the game too. I seem to remember Svensson scoring a beauty in the same game.

Also an Andy Townsend goal against Port Vale away in the early ''90''s. He ran the whole half of the pitch, a la Hucks, beating two or three players and then chipping the keeper from outside the area.

"Bryan Bryan Gunn :)" wrote:

ryan jarvis''s volley from the edge of the area when we came back to draw 4-4.

against boro was it ?

i think you have 2 games confused jarvis volley was againts liverpool

Would also go for Rosario''s v. Southampton and Huckerby''s v. Cardiff. Two great but very different goals.

I also enjoyed Svensson''s v. Charlton at home in the Prem season. Not a spectacular goal, but having sat through the excruciating 4-0 loss at Charlton earlier in the season, that was a very welcome goal. Just loved his reaction to scoring it too!

[quote user="Sing up the river end "][quote user="Beds Canary"]Rosarios goal vs. Southampton. I forget what year it was but it finished 4-4 and it was voted Match of the Day''s goal of the season - the first and only time I think a Norwich player has ever won it.

Poor Robert, I think it was the only thing he ever did.
[/quote]

great goal but didn''t we lose 5.4?
[/quote]

No, the 4-5 game was a few seasons later. I know because I was at both games! If I remember correctly both LeTissier and Sutton scored hatricks in the second one!

But the best goal I ever saw live was Gossys vs Ipswich in approx ''93. Great volley, I''ve never known the Barclay to go more mental!!

Graham Paddon for me against Gordon Banks at the Barclay End with a screamer from 35 yards from that rocket of a left foot of his into the top left hand corner and still rising when it hit the net. Banks admitted later that during the whole of his career it was about the only shot from that distance that he never even saw which is just as well because if he''d got a hand to it it would have broken every bone in it. 

[quote user="Menzies Campbell"]...

Haha

I''ll never forget ........[/quote]Haha.....you forgot already

live i would say safri , but although i wasn''t there ,the goss volley away to leeds takes some beating . a truely fantastic move and superb finish .

robert rosario against southampton .

more luck than judgement from the lanky striker.

just smashed it from the half way line , near enough and flew in .

im sure the game finished 4-4.

Fash''s goal vs Liverpool.   It seemed like there was complete silence for a couple of seconds before everyone realised what an outstanding strike it was...Rob Rosario''s goal - silenced my Dad for at least a couple of minutes - he was a Rosario "hater"...Also remember a couple of goals from Fleck & Townsend that were pretty special...